Chang International Circuit to house people flouting self-quarantine rule

snoop1130

Chang International Circuit to house people flouting self-quarantine rule

By The Nation

800_1b4913bde07d609.jpg

Veteran politician Newin Chidchob posted on his Facebook page that Buriram officials have prepared the Chang International Circuit as a special place for stubborn people who need home quarantine but still venture outside.

Buriram officials announced that those who ignore the 14-day self-quarantine guideline will be housed at the motorsport race track building until their quarantine period is complete, starting from the day they are brought in.

People who return from high-risk areas or those in the “sensitive” group – like seniors and kids – have to register to stay home for 14 days, separate personal utensils from other family members, and keep from from going out in public. Registrants will be installed with a tracking system; if they venture 50 metres from their homes, the gadget will set off a warning alarm. If the registrants ignore this warning signal, they will be forced to undergo state quarantine.

The officials apologised to Buriram residents for any inconvenience.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30385135

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-31

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's the last place I would want to end up in. Thai version of a gulag.

Buriram's that last place I would want to end up as they seem to have an authoritarian nanny-state going full-bore there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, connda said:

Buriram's that last place I would want to end up as they seem to have an authoritarian nanny-state going full-bore there.

I think their emperor is called Newin? Picked it up somewhere here in TVF.