Mae Hong Son: Foreigners ordered to stay away - night curfew until April 15th

webfact

Mae Hong Son: Foreigners ordered to stay away - night curfew until April 15th

2pm.jpg

The governor of Mae Hong Son in Thailand's far north west has banned foreigners from entering the province for two weeks and imposed a strict curfew on people leaving their houses or place of residence from 10 pm to 4 am. 

The penalty for defying the order is prison or a heavy fine. 

Suwapong Kittiphatphiboon stated the regulations in a letter yesterday. The rules will run from April 1st to April 15th. 

No one is allowed to enter or leave the province during the night curfew except for medical emergencies, postal services, medical supply deliveries and civil servants. 

No non-Thais are allowed to enter the province at all. If they are already there and leave they can't come back. 

All hotels, guest houses and homestays must check the health of visitors - if any foreigner is running a fever the Covid-19 authorities must be contacted immediately. 

Returnees from Bangkok and surrounding provinces and other high risk areas must contact the local poo yai ban or kamnan and self quarantine for 14 days. 

People who violate the order can be jailed for three years and/or fined 100,000 baht of jailed for 2 years and/or fined 40,000 baht under Article 38.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-01
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, stuhan said:

After reading this i have decided enough is enough.I am sick of this racist <deleted> from Thailand. After this covid 19 has died down if it dies down i am out of here and Asia.I have found a place in south america that is not racist,cheap,easy to settle and safe,i have already started the process.I love Thailand but it's just becoming a bad place for expats now .

Stuhan... can you share the name of the place in South America (can PM me). I'm in the same boat, sick of the xenophobic rants, pollution and Govt. ass kissing the Chinese.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

I admire your confidence, but frankly, I wouldn't put anything past these Muppets. Need;less to say, I am done with transferring any more money to this country, bar what I need to live and against all that I have said previously, I will use agents in the future to get me my extension, and sod the implications.   

As i do already sod them I agree with you ,the way we are treated in this country is appalling.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

and the Queen shaking hands

The queen has been in isolation for over a week now, last had contact with Charles and Boris 15 March , so doubt she is shaking hands with anyone

30 minutes ago, Forza2002 said:

Stuhan... can you share the name of the place in South America (can PM me). I'm in the same boat, sick of the xenophobic rants, pollution and Govt. ass kissing the Chinese.

Sent you a P.M

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

The queen has been in isolation for over a week now, last had contact with Charles and Boris 15 March , so doubt she is shaking hands with anyone

The report was about Putin shaking hands with his doctor, Boris and the Queen archived photos were also shown just to strengthen their case I think .

1 hour ago, stuhan said:

After reading this i have decided enough is enough.I am sick of this racist <deleted> from Thailand. After this covid 19 has died down if it dies down i am out of here and Asia.I have found a place in south america that is not racist,cheap,easy to settle and safe,i have already started the process.I love Thailand but it's just becoming a bad place for expats now .

Just curious, where is this place? can direct mesage if you prefer.. thanks

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Latest garbage from Immigration!

EUfIC2nWAAAzF9f.jpg

Interrogation sounds a bit strong,a little chat sounds more acceptable,that sounds like head in the bucket of water to me.

• Haha 2