what are chances tourists do not have to pay overstay

hello all.new here so give us a chance.wife and i here in changmai. we arrived December from uk.our visas ran out today.{ 1st April} after 3 times been refused extension at immigration, we are now staying in our room until we can get a flight home.we are booked for 28th April..the only hope we have is they relax the overstay rule, if not we pay I think 20,000 each at airport.also get blacklisted which is the least of our problems.

what are the chances of this.thanks to all and stay safe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zikomat said:

if you Have started your overstay today - each of you will pay the fine of approximately 14000 thb at the airport. And you will NOT be blacklisted. Just be careful not to get caught before that. 

Chances of visa amnesty for everybody are quite slim. But this is my personal opinion only.

ok many thanks for the info

• Like 1

8 hours ago, golfingjojo said:

hello all.new here so give us a chance.wife and i here in changmai. we arrived December from uk.our visas ran out today.{ 1st April} after 3 times been refused extension at immigration, 

What type of visa did you use for entry.

I think when you tried to get an extension before the new rules for getting a special  extension did not exist.

The first thing you should do is request a letter from the UK embassy. After getting the letter try again for the 30 day extension. You will pay a fine of 500 baht per day overstay fine and then 1900 baht for the extension.

Info is here in this topic.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

What type of visa did you use for entry.

I think when you tried to get an extension before the new rules for getting a special  extension did not exist.

The first thing you should do is request a letter from the UK embassy. After getting the letter try again for the 30 day extension. You will pay a fine of 500 baht per day overstay fine and then 1900 baht for the extension.

Info is here in this topic.

thanks a lot for your kind reply.we have letter from embassy and we went again today.she said the owner of the house must accompany us at immigration.the owner is 74 bit disabled and are 3 hours from immigration.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, golfingjojo said:

thanks a lot for your kind reply.we have letter from embassy and we went again today.she said the owner of the house must accompany us at immigration.the owner is 74 bit disabled and are 3 hours from immigration.

Have you tried to explain to the Immigration the situation with the old and disabled owner? Maybe you could ask the owner to write a letter for the Immigration explaining his age and disability?

There are absolutely no indications that overstay fines will be waived nor blacklisting suspended except according to the PM himself yesterday for those tourists who arrived after 1 March and have had their return flights cancelled.

As I am not a tourist, arrived 12 January when corona was but a will o' the wisp and there were hordes of Chinese at Swampy,, and my return flight ( yes! I have one!) has not been cancelled yet the best I can do and have now done is a 60 day extension. Of course I wanted to go out and come back with a new 1 year non O multi visa from Savanakhet. Then thinks got tricky ????????. Laugh or cry? Depends how I'm feeling as I sit staring at my wife day on day out.

I had an almost identical experience as you.  There was no way the owner of my guest house was going to be able to come with me to the immigration office.

I've accepted that I'll most likely have to pay the overstay fine whenever it's safe to leave.  I do have a saved Line conversation with the "immigration superintendent" for my province claiming that I won't have to pay any fine, but I doubt that will work.

I too will be reconsidering future trips to Thailand.

2 hours ago, andy72 said:

simple go to a hotel book for a few nights take the photos get the letter 

i dont think hotels require owner to come
or find a guest house offer some cash 

My guest house owner said that immigration officer wanted her to sign a legal guarantee that I would be staying there for the entire extension, otherwise she would face legal consequences.  How many would be willing to trust a foreigner enough to do that?

• Like 1