Could this pandemic be a scam ?

4MyEgo

We all know there is a lot going on with this Covid-19 "pandemic" and there are a lot of sceptics out there, not suggesting that I am one, but have a simple question.

I just want to know if there is an actual 100% bullet proof test for the Covid-19, or are those that are being tested, being tested for the Coronavirus as there are a few different Coronaviruses which are similar, yet different to the Covid-19.

Time and time again I have heard that the Covid-19 predominantly effects the very old, children under 5, those with weak immune systems and those with preexisting conditions, that said, there have been many who have had mild symptoms, a sore throat, a cough a fever and told to self isolate for 14 days, I mean this is even after they have been tested for the Covid-19.

So what is it ?

Can it be that they don't actually have a actual 100% bullet proof test for the Covid-19, but will take those in with the really severe symptoms, like the old, children under 5, etc, etc, etc, just trying to get my head around this.

If they don't have an actual 100% bullet proof test for the Covid-19, could this be why the numbers appear to be distorted, now I know the flu and pneumonia kill hundreds of thousands of people per year, the latter millions, so could everybody that's being tested, is being tested for the Coronavirus.

This is not a theory or me trying to distort anything, just asking a reasonable question and hope this doesn't get shut down, because I couldn't find anything on the web to say that there is an actual 100% bullet proof test for the Covid-19, and this might be a reason why they are only testing those with serious symptoms, and are those tests for the Coronavirus or the Covid-19.

You cannot excuse the fact that there are a lot of differentiations when it comes to the numbers of infected and mortality rates.

I believe that Covid-19 exists, i.e. a new strain of the Coronavirus, but not to the extend of what we are being told to warrant shutdowns around the world, is there something we are not being told, not a theorist, just wanting to know if the above is possible ? 

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

If they don't have an actual 100% bullet proof test for the Covid-19, could this be why the numbers appear to be distorted

the fact they aren't testing enough is precisely why the numbers are being distorted.

If they tested everyone who has it or has had it in the past few months the number would be running in the tens of millions.

Coronavirus is real. It kills people of all ages that are susceptible to it.

The fear and paranoia surrounding it are highly exaggerated due to social media, IMO.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

the fact they aren't testing enough is precisely why the numbers are being distorted.

If they tested everyone who has it or has had it in the past few months the number would be running in the tens of millions.

Coronavirus is real. It kills people of all ages that are susceptible to it.

The fear and paranoia surrounding it are highly exaggerated due to social media, IMO.

Catch it, let us know if you get past the ventilator stage.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Catch it, let us know if you get past the ventilator stage.

two of my family members already have.

Said it was awful.

Both are in recovery now luckily.

I'm not saying the fear isn't real, it is. It's just greatly magnified by the fear factory that is social media. 

Some areas seem worse than others, a scam, no. Perhaps though the fear factor has been ramped up out of proportion. Also seems that many of the numbers (eg Italy) can be unwound to show that not nearly every death is corona, and there are still many things that kill us more every year. Reality is that it is being treated as a pandemic, and as such life as we knew it may well change, economies will likely crash worldwide, few seem to think through what those consequences will be, time will tell.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDark said:

Go and visit a hospital in heavily infected areas. If you see doctors and nurses in distress covid-19 is probably not a scam.

US Army just ordered 100.000 military style body bags to be used for civilian usage. This also says 'It's probably not a scam'.

Yeah because the US military never get carried away or make stuff up...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Another problem is that a lot of people are saying only X% of people are going to get it, only Y% are going to die, no different to flu etc. etc. But that completely ignores the level of ICU care that this virus requires. It's overwhelming health resources, even in countries which should be able to cope. Whether that's because of cuts, underfunding whatever isn't the issue when its on top of you. If your country's health system is unable to cope, and there are knock on effects to people with other issues that can't be attended to, then it's the reality and no scam.  

• Thanks 1