GATE REMOTE, so cheap online, but can you replace by your mobile ?

rech

In the US I have "Smart switches" controlled from my phone app or Alexa from anywhere in the world. all through the house

I was planning to do the same when we came back to our Thai home this spring , Sadly I am stuck in the US with this virus thing.

There are several types that you should be able to  adapt to your gate, I was planing to do the same. 

Below is one type, Do a search in Lazada "Smart Switch"

image.png.5816108ed7589b34c8edb3f87eb9293f.png

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, sirineou said:

In the US I have "Smart switches" controlled from my phone app or Alexa from anywhere in the world. all through the house

I was planning to do the same when we came back to our Thai home this spring , Sadly I am stuck in the US with this virus thing.

There are several types that you should be able to  adapt to your gate, I was planing to do the same. 

Below is one type, Do a search in Lazada "Smart Switch"

image.png.5816108ed7589b34c8edb3f87eb9293f.png

Smart switches  connect via Wifi to the internet , so you would need an Internet connection and if your gate is too far from the house for your WiFi to reach you would need a WiFi range extender. "In the event of internet loss most  smart switches can be operated manually)

There are also "Garage gate openers" 

image.png.0404914c56d6b6200fa96dfd8507dd8a.png

image.png.1609f2885ee308c068ef1c4d1bf8fe80.png

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Your mobile won't be able to do anything on it's own

I have a system installed at our property whereby I have an app on my phone. I click the relevant button and the gate or garage door opens. It does it using the Bluetooth connection from my phone - no internet connection is needed.

I know I was the first person in Thailand with this because the app wasn't available to download in Thailand. I had to get the developer to enable Thailand for download purposes.

Very simple to install. It needs mains power and then there are 2 wires to connect inside the gate/garage door opener. These wires connect to the same place as the wall switch you use to open the gate/door.

Each opener can have up to 8 phones paired to it. Your phone can have virtually unlimited devices paired to it.

It's a good system. The only slight drawback is that the tint on the front windscreen can sometimes block the signal from your phone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

I have a system installed at our property whereby I have an app on my phone. I click the relevant button and the gate or garage door opens. It does it using the Bluetooth connection from my phone - no internet connection is needed.

I know I was the first person in Thailand with this because the app wasn't available to download in Thailand. I had to get the developer to enable Thailand for download purposes.

Very simple to install. It needs mains power and then there are 2 wires to connect inside the gate/garage door opener. These wires connect to the same place as the wall switch you use to open the gate/door.

Each opener can have up to 8 phones paired to it. Your phone can have virtually unlimited devices paired to it.

It's a good system. The only slight drawback is that the tint on the front windscreen can sometimes block the signal from your phone.

Hi,

whats the name of this system?

22 minutes ago, MoD1977 said:

Hi,

whats the name of this system?

GarageMate. Info here:

https://bluemate.com/

I had to order it from Amazon, because the company does not ship to Thailand. They are responsive though, so if you contact them they might ship to Thailand now they know the system is in use here. I can confirm that the unit works right out of the box. You do need a mains electric power source to power the device (our gates openers/garage door openers all have power going to them anyway).

Note: I don't get any kind of commission or kickback for recommending this product. It's something I paid for myself (plus import duties ???? ).