30 day visa on arrival extension

???? I am US citizen and arrived by plane March 14 and received 30 day VOA. Expires April 12. I want to get 30 day extension. I read that those who arrived after March 1 get a 30 day automatic extension. What exactly does this mean? Does this mean I dont have to go to immigration ? Also I have read it's not " official " yet. Can some clarify what is going on. Thank you

I have just come back from immigration in Sakon Nakhon.

I arrived back to Thailand on the 7th of March, so my 30 day stamp runs out on Sunday the 5th. I asked about the free extension and was told that I can not have one. I have to pay 1,900 Baht for an extension, I arrived back to Thailand with very little money as the school I was working at asked me to resign, so that a relative of the owner could work there as she had just Graduated from a University in Canada with a B.A. and a Masters in English. I had worked there for 4 months and twice they allowed my visa to run out. I came back on the 7th with 9000 Baht. So I have no money. So much for the automatic 30 day extension. It was to help Immigration being overload with tourists who can not get home. All say and no do.      

• Haha 1

The term "automatic extensions" is just a news header to proposed changes that popped up on Thaivisa news and visa forum.

No details have been released. Farang might just assume automatic means not attend immigration and  fees zero. etc.

Relax and wait. 

My personal guess will be attend imm and pay. Perhaps with less hurdles.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LNER4472 said:

I have just come back from immigration in Sakon Nakhon.

I arrived back to Thailand on the 7th of March, so my 30 day stamp runs out on Sunday the 5th. I asked about the free extension and was told that I can not have one. I have to pay 1,900 Baht for an extension...

There is currently no free extension of stay available. You can apply for the regular 30-day extension under clause 2.4 of Police Order 327-2557 (2014)