Windy, Blustry

Gonzo the Face

Well it really looked for a while this afternoon like we were going to get a real downpour... I thought this was it ,,,,, the severe thunderstorms that were supposed to hit between Monday and Thursday.... but.... nada, zilch not a drop - o...

Did any in any of the surrounding areas get any rain this afternoon /// ???

Gonzo

I was on Huay Kaew, heading west toward the zoo, when the wind picked up, like tywais said. Twice it blew me into the right lane against my will. It was definitely blusty and dustery. Not a drop of water, power failure for at least an hour, things blown around, big time. It reminded me: when the weather advisory calls for a small craft warning, a motorcycle is a small craft.

Yaah. I was covered in dust as I walked in me moobaan about 3 pm. Crazy dust blowing off the airport and onto hangdong road and our area next to Lanna Int'l. Never seen anything like this. The one day I hop a songtaew and walk the dust kicked up. Also blew the laundry off the rack and into the street grime. Gross. Gotta do it again. Was praying for tantamount downpour but got nuttin'. Still holding out hopes for tmw or next day. Either way gonna get wet wet wet.

A little north of Mae Rim... hail. And not one or two pellets, but a fair amount, and pea to ping-pong ball size as well. Our garden took a rough hit. The rain was coming almost sideways at one point, and many branches and leaves came down. Power was out for the better part of the afternoon.

tywais, since your place of work, and my home, are so close to the weather station at the airport - I wonder when the last measurable rain was recorded? Is there a website? I can't recall if we even had rain in November (cue a chorus of "Cold November Rain").

Found an amateur weather data station for Chiangmai.

http://www.hs0zee.com/Information/Weather%...r%20Station.htm

Rain 2006

Rain 2007

Appears effectively zero rain since November.

BBC Weather Center Averages