7 Day 24 hour Curfew Rumour?

Brewster67

Apparently there is a rumour being spread widely around Social media among thais, on their facebook groups etc.. That the Thai government have sent out letters to all provincial offices to plan for a 24 hour curfew lasting 7 days from April 11th.

I am very doubtful it has any truth to it, I have told the wife it is nonsense and not to spread it herself because you can be arrested and jailed for spreading fake news about the virus here in thailand.

personally, I don't think the government would have the nerve to try something so insane.

Edited by Brewster67

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Can't see the point to a 7 day lockdown, won't stop it otherwise every country would have done it ages ago

Since none of the 'every other country' have kicked Covid-19 into touch and are just rehashing the same controls and restrictions as everyone else, then what have the Thai's got to lose?

If they don't then the usual suspects would be on here in a flash whining about how Thailand pathetically:

1 ) Does nothing proactive.

or

2 ) Follows the herd.

Maybe, the Thai bashers have already started?

8 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Wifey said that a letter did go out, but only to make governor's aware and to plan for a possible 24 hour curfew, they have not declared one.

It isn't the governors that need to plan.. It is the PEOPLE.

I doubt anything will come of it, if they announced it, you won't be able to get into a makro or any supermarket, will be cleaned out.

It is an exercise in self-harm that goes beyond stupid.

Just came back from Makro - the parking lot was jam packed, and the drivers behaved even more retarded than they usually do...... panicked somebody, or just wise preparation? We got our 3 months food stash already over a month ago, so I am not concerned.

I would not be surprised if they implement this from the 11th.....start of Songkran week, even if the Songkran holidays are cancelled it wont stop people trying to get home to their families over that period - and this is what the authorities will be trying to avoid!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Wifey said that a letter did go out, but only to make governor's aware and to plan for a possible 24 hour curfew, they have not declared one.

It isn't the governors that need to plan.. It is the PEOPLE.

I doubt anything will come of it, if they announced it, you won't be able to get into a makro or any supermarket, will be cleaned out.

It is an exercise in self-harm that goes beyond stupid.

It would be interesting to start a poll on this possibility ...

1. definitely gonna happen

2. might happen

3. i don't think it will happen

4. No way 

I know one thing.  Definitely LOOKS like the govt is preparing the subjects for a shutdown.

The little notices keep getting more and more severe.  Maybe better to get people stocking up for a week or so than have a huge stampede with a "surprise" announcement

There "may" be a 24 hour curfew instated as per the following:

• According to the daily report on the Covid-19 situation, Thailand’s total number of patients rose to 2,169, with 102 new cases confirmed over a 24-hour period and three patients, including a foreigner, dying, Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman of the government's Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Sunday (April 5).

• Earlier, Thai authorities had indicated that if the numbers continued to rise, curfew hours may be expanded from the current 10pm to 4am.

Please continue here:

//Closed//