Wearing Masks Compulsary.

I believe that the law varies province by province. Here in Suratthani I have not seen an edict stating that masks are compulsory everywhere. Shops, convenience stores etc  - yes.

However, as most of us know, in Thailand there are 3 levels that we mostly live to.

Legal, social and sexual.

Is it legal that you must wear a mask? Yes, in many, but not all cases.

Is it social that you should wear a mask? Definitely.

Sexual - well that is down to the individual. Personally I am not into masks, bondage, handcuffs etc etc. So, up to you.????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I think it is going to be very uncomfortable wearing a mask while riding a bicycle, and

what about exercising in the machines in the track going round the lake?

You can try look at Lazada or AliExpress for this type of sports mask - Rockbros - They have exit valves - and replaceable active carbon paper filter on the inside.  I use one myself when I cycle .... easier to use than a normal mask .....

image.png.d9f39347165b829fcf7b76daf9dc7e98.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rvaviator said:

You can try look at Lazada or AliExpress for this type of sports mask - Rockbros - They have exit valves - and replaceable active carbon paper filter on the inside.  I use one myself when I cycle .... easier to use than a normal mask .....

image.png.d9f39347165b829fcf7b76daf9dc7e98.png

Does the filter on the inside cover the exit valves? If not, the only reason for wearing a mask are nullified ( to protect OTHERS ).

Like it says, it's a dust mask, not a virus protection.

BTW, without eye protection they are probably as useless as the paper masks to prevent infection.

Still, it's like wearing a bucket on the head instead of a crash helmet- keeps the BIB from issuing a fine.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I just wear the mask outside anywhere, take it off when I am home.  I like to keep things simple.

When I am riding my bike I am not near anyone else, to be honest, I was putting on my mask when I went in to the local market or shops.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

yes, you'll be a target for money whilst the locals will be let off scot-free

Yes, there are still a few ( I am the only farang in my village/town) still not wearing a mask. I think the local plod will be watching me hoping I am not wearing a mask so they will have an excuse to get 2000Bt from me.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Well whatever wear one or carry one with you not that difficult is it. 

It actually is when riding a bike quite fast. I just let the mask stay on my chin when I am riding, and put it up when I ride down the main part of the town where the police station is.

17 hours ago, JCP108 said:

My observation in my area of BKK (Ladprao) is about 80% of people are wearing masks over past couple of days (on the street, not in my complex). Not many non-Thais here so all people not wearing masks were Thai. I wear mine 98% of the time though when I go out early in the mornings (5:00 a.m.) to do some vigorous walking around the complex, I don't as it's not comfortable to breath through them when exercising and I'm not close to others at that time. I do see people in the mornings and 75% of them are police officers since they live in the complex near me. So far, nobody has quibbled with the morning lack of the mask. Hopefully that remains so. Of the police and their family members inside the complex, they wear masks about 25% of the time. 

It is not suitable wearing a mask when you are doing hard exercising like riding a bike at speed when you are not near anyone else.

• Like 1

This morning I have been out sourcing a part, been to about 6 shops to find it. Every shop worker I went in had a mask on, and so did I.

When back in the car it hangs off one ear until I get out.

In the present climate it would be daft not to wear a mask, this is the first time I have seen a huge % of LOS folk doing something sensible to protect themselves and others, you lot should do the same....This virus doesn't care if you are, or think you are, a hi-so farang.......????

20 hours ago, stouricks said:

I heard you had to wear a mask even if driving alone in your own car.

Just to be on the safe side, I a keeping mine on in the shower, the bog and when kipping!   LOL

It can double as a G-String if the Smart Car shows up unexpectedly

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

It actually is when riding a bike quite fast. I just let the mask stay on my chin when I am riding, and put it up when I ride down the main part of the town where the police station is.

Well I just have one handy and wear it as necessary, where I live that said the place is pretty much deserted most of the time. 

• Like 1