Contact Honda customer service

Hello, 

Is there a way to contact Honda Thailand customer support. I have to make a complaint about a local dealership. My click (purchased new and paid in full) is still under warranty. Its 2 years old but has had some problems with water getting where it shouldn't. I have brought it there on 3 occasions. Each time I am treated with utter aloofness and inconsideration. They simply cannot be bothered, not the mechanic, not the manager. I even had my wife remind them they are responsible, my bike is under warranty still. This last time, the mechanic was so sleepy and gave zero <deleted>s about me he didn't even bother to get up from his chair to look at the bike. I went to another branch in my town. Nevertheless, I will not stand for this. I need to contact Honda corporate. The website is all in Thai. Does anyone know how I can get a rep to talk to in English. Thank you. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, TomKorat33 said:

Does anyone know how I can get a rep to talk to in English.

Bit like getting elephants to mate, I have try on many occasions to get hold of Honda Thailand head office about big bike motorcycle parts and have had no joy with complaints, they give web info on nearest dealers thats all,  and they turn out to be useless to me and no help what so ever.

Just try another Honda dealer we have a really good scoot one here in Sukhothai, so maybe say where you live and someone may know of a good Honda scoot dealer.

Last week I booked a test drive on the Honda.co.th official website. A Honda Jazz for the wife. I arrived 10 minutes early (stupid farrang) they knew I was arriving and offered me a Honda Accord to test drive!?!?  <deleted>!!!

I complained on their website and had someone phoning me flapping the next day. 

I use Google Chrome with auto translate. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tiocfaidh said:

Last week I booked a test drive on the Honda.co.th official website. A Honda Jazz for the wife. I arrived 10 minutes early (stupid farrang) they knew I was arriving and offered me a Honda Accord to test drive!?!?  <deleted>!!!

With cars I would guess not so bad but unless you are buying a new big bike that they won't let you test drive forget it IMO.

15 hours ago, tiocfaidh said:

which website is that? the corporate honda website or the website of the dealership?

I just want to write them a "<deleted> you" I'm never buying honda again (not that they give a <deleted>). 

Honda motorcycle dealers are all sh#t because Honda AP really doesn't don't care. These mechanics are hired by the dealers, not by Honda, that's why they can't be bothered to care. 

Iv'e tried before, even being nice to them and tips, etc, nothing works as these lazy dum%s just want to do the minimum work effort as much as possible. 

forget it pal, just swear not to buy Honda again.

Kawasaki seems to have a much better customer support (just a little better)

• Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, TomKorat33 said:

Nevertheless, I will not stand for this. I need to contact Honda corporate. The website is all in Thai. Does anyone know how I can get a rep to talk to in English. Thank you. 

Tom about 17 years ago I brought my wife quite an expensive Cannon Camera  in London, all the warranty etc was fine. However the instruction book showing you how to do wonderful things with it etc, had all the main Euro  languages but not Thai....in those days it wasn't so easy to grab everything off the net. I Sent Thai Cannon 2 e-mails (no answer) then phoned them seeking to get a Thai instruction Manuel---the answer was in the realms of.....well you should have brought it here.  E-mailed again with a  CC to Japan...... telling them how I would not be purchasing & advising all who would listen, any other product from Canon --  7 hours latter (out of office time ) had the manager phone me with apologizes---& a Thai Manuel arrived by courier 1 day latter.

E-mail from Japan customer service also asking if there were any other problems--please contact them direct.

Write to Honda.... but CC it to there head office also.

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 10:22 AM, TomKorat33 said:

I just want to write them a "<deleted> you" I'm never buying honda again (not that they give a <deleted>). 

I am still confused. So the bike is new and it worked fine or was fine for 2 years but now something is broken and water is getting where it shouldn't and they won't fix or replace the part/piece that is broken?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure if all parts are covered by warranty after 2 years, I was at Honda last month, they told me most things are only 1 year warranty and some things even 6 months, just certain engine parts are 3 years, those that never need a repair, so maybe that is their problem...

In any case another -1 from me for Honda service, they are pretty useless and uninterested, you think they are like that during warranty period, just wait until you are out of warranty, and even can't get them to do what you want when paying their high prices, the best solution, find a reliable good independent mechanic, but that is just as hard... !!! 

• 4 weeks later...

I know this hasn't seen a post in a month and is a bit of rambling but

I always had similar issues with my local Honda dealership, as far as i know they are run as franchises and the people working there don't seem to give a damn about anything.

I go to the local one for oil change AND maintenance, I show them the book with the page open to maintenance while pointing down at the list of things (it's in Thai, very easy to understand what I want). they say "OK"

mechanic does oil change, takes off bike and rolls it down saying it's ready

so, I ask, "what about maintenance?" = puzzled look, clerk at desk translates,  mechanic shrugs.. gets on the bike, drives it 200 meters down the road and back, and then says "everything OK!"

I get only charged for oil change, which is fine but I needed them to check everything and I would have paid for it but they can't be bothered because the mechanics are paid by the hour whether they help me or not

this happened about 4 times by now, different bikes over the years but always the same location.. the next one over is about 20km away (maybe I should go there)

we went there today and checked in the accessories order book that they have on a desk.. wanted a helmet for the Ms. found 3 different models I wanted.. also saddle bags and a front faux leather bag (goes on like a basket).

asked about the bags, how much? won't answer me, want to know what model of bike I have.. ignore me asking how much to go check which bike and then start saying that we can't order because it's for the 2019 bike model and I have 2018..

they are saddle bags that have straps under the seat, it makes zero difference which year my bike is.

I get her to ask about the helmets, cannot order, out of stock every single thing I ask them about, cannot cannot cannot.

so today, I get the Ms to call Honda directly and exactly as someone else said above they only thing they do is provide dealership numbers and nothing else.

we called 2 more dealerships with 5 different items I'd like to order just to be told "we don't have stock, can't order"

It's a bit of corona meyham now for order and deliveries, but generally that's how they usually are, unhelpful..., almost like they don't want to make money, service is small change and not profitable,  just sell bikes, on finance...

I wonder if it makes any difference that Honda has so many shops across the country, if their service is so bad, you can't buy Honda based on that factor, any mechanic can change oil....!

Thai loves them though,  maybe is a national pride as they have factories here...

On 4/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, Fruit Trader said:

An important question for a liquid cooled Honda Click.

Haha. I don't know for sure but I think my toddler stuck the house up the exhaust pipe when he was playing water. This of course would not be Honda's fault.  I was <deleted> off at the staff at the one dealership in Chaiyaphum town literraly couldnt be bothered to leave their seats to check out the problem. 

Edited by TomKorat33
add info

On 5/12/2020 at 3:08 AM, kekalot said:

I know this hasn't seen a post in a month and is a bit of rambling but

I always had similar issues with my local Honda dealership, as far as i know they are run as franchises and the people working there don't seem to give a damn about anything.

I go to the local one for oil change AND maintenance, I show them the book with the page open to maintenance while pointing down at the list of things (it's in Thai, very easy to understand what I want). they say "OK"

mechanic does oil change, takes off bike and rolls it down saying it's ready

so, I ask, "what about maintenance?" = puzzled look, clerk at desk translates,  mechanic shrugs.. gets on the bike, drives it 200 meters down the road and back, and then says "everything OK!"

I get only charged for oil change, which is fine but I needed them to check everything and I would have paid for it but they can't be bothered because the mechanics are paid by the hour whether they help me or not

this happened about 4 times by now, different bikes over the years but always the same location.. the next one over is about 20km away (maybe I should go there)

we went there today and checked in the accessories order book that they have on a desk.. wanted a helmet for the Ms. found 3 different models I wanted.. also saddle bags and a front faux leather bag (goes on like a basket).

asked about the bags, how much? won't answer me, want to know what model of bike I have.. ignore me asking how much to go check which bike and then start saying that we can't order because it's for the 2019 bike model and I have 2018..

they are saddle bags that have straps under the seat, it makes zero difference which year my bike is.

I get her to ask about the helmets, cannot order, out of stock every single thing I ask them about, cannot cannot cannot.

so today, I get the Ms to call Honda directly and exactly as someone else said above they only thing they do is provide dealership numbers and nothing else.

we called 2 more dealerships with 5 different items I'd like to order just to be told "we don't have stock, can't order"

So I understand its Franchise which means Honda corporate wouldn't give a damn. I guess the frustrating part is I don't speak Thai well enough to go into the dealership and say I want to talk with the owner. They would just lie to the owner and make me out to be crazy. I had a similar experience with a samsung aircon unit. After it was sold neither Homepro or Samsung in Korat could give the slightest damn that it was constantly breaking down. Not sure what to do in these situations. 

After researching on this issue, AP Honda Corporate does have their own service department at their Factory in Samut Prakarn, you can go there to get warranty claims on parts and repair, many does since dealers service is often sh*t 

only useful for people around Bangkok though... 

• Like 1