Non-O visa

Hello sure my question is similar with many people.

i come to Thailand and now stay on TR visa. 

My plan was to go out to Lao and change TR visa to Non-O visa (because of Thai child) which is impossible with closed borders. 

for that kind of visa can apply only out of the country or it’s possible to make in local immigration?

Thank you. 

It is possible to apply for a Non O visa at Immigration (immediately used to give you a 90-day stay prior to a further one year extension) if you can meet the requirements. Easier as an initial step is to apply for a 60-day extension to visit your child. Your child must be with you when you visit immigration to apply for the extension.

40 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It is possible to apply for a Non O visa at Immigration (immediately used to give you a 90-day stay prior to a further one year extension) if you can meet the requirements. Easier as an initial step is to apply for a 60-day extension to visit your child. Your child must be with you when you visit immigration to apply for the extension.

Thank you for quick answer. 

Dose it mean that I can make 30 days extension first based on my tourist visa and then a week before it’s finished apply for another 60 days extension based on my child?

34 minutes ago, Faeton said:

Dose it mean that I can make 30 days extension first based on my tourist visa and then a week before it’s finished apply for another 60 days extension based on my child?

Most immigration offices allow this. A few do not. Where would you be applying?

9 hours ago, Faeton said:

for that kind of visa can apply only out of the country or it’s possible to make in local immigration?

You can apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration. To do it you must be the legal parent of you child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parent hood. Same for a one year extension of stay based upon the parent of a Thai.

Requirements for the visa application is here. https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323090010.pdf

As said you can apply for a 60 day extension to visit your child.

I just got a non o visa based on having kids here....60 days..

All i needed was there birth Certifications and there blue house book with there names on it, I went alone , in and out within 2 hrs.

Im not married...I didnt need to show 'legitimization' of parenthood....

I have done my TM30 form there months ago , so i think he must have my ladies details already on the system.

Very nice and fair immigration officer. Every office is different , so id check what you need .

10 hours ago, Faeton said:

Thats is what I just did. 30day extension then 60 days NON O based on child.

9 minutes ago, jonny5 said:

I just got a non o visa based on having kids here....60 days..

That was a 60 day extension of stay you applied for at immigration not a non-o visa.

You do not have to be the legal parent of your child to apply for the 60 day extension. It is only required to apply for the visa I posted about or a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That was a 60 day extension of stay you applied for at immigration not a non-o visa.

You do not have to be the legal parent of your child to apply for the 60 day extension. It is only required to apply for the visa I posted about or a one year extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai.

Ok Thanks must be a 60 Day Extension then, but it was based on having children here.. either way saves me a trip the the office in 2 weeks.

So is a NON O single 60 day visa based on family, is the same as a TR 60 visa? is that right..?

If you traveled in on a TR 60 days, then extend 30 days, then 60 day extension (based on child) that would be ok....

Thanks for your info in clearing this up..