Free covit19 insurance cover

dallen52

Well, just back from my 14 days enforced break and see this advertised yesterday. 

DTAC is giving free coronavirus insurance cover for people who top up the sim card credit. 

Different levels depending on the credit top up. 

All exceeding the mandatory $100,000 usd insurance cover that was required to travel to Thailand with the required health certificate. 

(Pre March 25 when the flights ended for now)

I was trying to get back to my partner in Thailand and it was virtually impossible to get this type of insurance. 

So I'm still stuck in Australia. 

But now dtac are giving it for free.

TIT.

• Like 1

You will get a maximum coverage of 140,000 baht diagnosis benefit once topping up add-on internet package of 500 MB lasting 30 days for 99 baht. Dial *496*1# for subscription (Automatic renewal will be applied)
• You will get a maximum coverage of 255,000 baht diagnosis benefit once topping up add-on internet package of 5 GB lasting 365 days for 1,199 baht. Dial *496*12# for subscription

Baht not dollars...................

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

You will get a maximum coverage of 140,000 baht diagnosis benefit once topping up add-on internet package of 500 MB lasting 30 days for 99 baht. Dial *496*1# for subscription (Automatic renewal will be applied)
• You will get a maximum coverage of 255,000 baht diagnosis benefit once topping up add-on internet package of 5 GB lasting 365 days for 1,199 baht. Dial *496*12# for subscription

Baht not dollars...................

Interesting comment on Thaiger yesterday that the private hospitals are not allowed to charge for covit treatment to patients. 

The government will pick up the costs.