Bad Restaurants In Samui....olivio, One Of Them

These kinds of threads always bother me. Its all so subjective, isn't it?

For all we know, the OP has a grudge against the chef. Just to add, we did have a poster posting very negative reviews of a Samui resort only for it it turn out it was a disgruntled ex employee.

For all we know the owner's mother could have just died and that might explain the poor service and inattentive staff.

Also, how many times have you gone into a restaurant and seen a demanding complaining customer who expects too much? There are people who insist on ordering things not on the menu and then complain when not given what they want (not saying this applies to the OP, just trying to make a point here).

I've gone to a restaurant in Thong Sala and had a terrific meal, two days later and it wasn't so great or they didn't have the ingredients.

Would I then tell people, "don't bother with this restaurant because they didn't have what I ordered" ? No, in fact, usually I will say something along the lines of "this has been my experience but its not always this way, best to try it for yourself & see if you like it"

Instead of posting in the title , "bad restaurants in Samui" , why not post a review instead? "I had a bad experience at Olivio, anyone else have a similar meal"

My two cents worth, but after dealing with the previous experience of a disgruntled ex employee posting (and no, not my place, it was some place on Samui) I am very wary of people starting such threads.

Fair enough point Mrs super duper moderator, but I am not saying dont go and avoid this place at all costs, each to their own, and I am sure that this restaurant will continue to be busy and win awards but as I had said before, I just wanted to express MY opinion and experience at a top Samui restaurant with all who choose to read it. For sure one bad experience doesnt make it a bad restaurant

And please dont be wary I just want to tell it how it was..!! :D

Actually, it was the title of your thread that I had a problem with. Why not just say "i had a bad experience at Olivios"??? Why say "Bad restaurants in Samui"?

And just to let you know, it pays to be polite. Even to super duper moderators :D

The reason behind the title is that I am interested in peoples experiences of bad Samui restaurants as a thread before had said about favorite ones, so why not a not so favourite thread? starting with my bad experience. Polite as always.... :o

You have managed to discredit your argument right at the start by describing smoked salmon as an uncooked pork leg that is a first, you must have eaten some rather stange salmon/pork legs in your time I am sure Michael Winner is ruuning for cover now the now the new food critic on the block has turned up!

I agree with SBK it sounds like there maybe more to the story the meets the eye.

First of all sw19, I am not looking for or starting an argument, I am simply wanting to tell of a bad experience at a top restaurant on Samui, and may I quote my original post....

"well as a rule you always eat with your eyes, and one of my dining partners described his smoked salmon first course as an uncooked pork leg!!"

The dish comprised of smoked salmon slices that had been stuffed with asparagus and salad seemingly in a cone shape, causing him to liken the pork leg. And no thanks never a food critic, to much of dangerous job. :D