Getting From Svb Airport 2 Pattaya

TenDreams

Hey,

Wasn't sure wether to put this in the airport forum or not, but figured TVusers here would know for sure, sorry if it's in the wrong one...

Just wondering if it's possible, and how to get a bus from BKK SVB airport to Pattaya (about 5pm Wed), or if not, what would people who have done the journey before think might be a *typical* :o fare to pay in a taxi (SVB airport>soi bukhao)? Yeah, the latter part of that question pretty much seems ridonkulous to me too!

Also, I heard that Songkran is celebrated on the 19th in Pattaya, is that right?

Have a good one.

Cheers,

TD

Hey,

Wasn't sure wether to put this in the airport forum or not, but figured TVusers here would know for sure, sorry if it's in the wrong one...

Just wondering if it's possible, and how to get a bus from BKK SVB airport to Pattaya (about 5pm Wed), or if not, what would people who have done the journey before think might be a *typical* :o fare to pay in a taxi (SVB airport>soi bukhao)? Yeah, the latter part of that question pretty much seems ridonkulous to me too!

Coming in at 5 you have a few options. Of course you can take a taxi, perhaps there are some other passengers that can share the cost with you and make it a little cheaper for you.

You can also take the free shuttle to the new bus station at the airport. At the bus station there may be a bus that heads for Jomtien around 6 or 6:30 PM. I never used this bus but when I checked a few months ago I was told that there is one. In Pattaya you can get off at the bus station on Sukhumvit and take a baht bus from there to Soi Bukhao.

Another option is to take bus city bus #552 to Sukhumvit Road (around 1 hour 20 min. in rush hour) and get off at the Skytrain stop at ON Nut. Take the Skytrain to Ekamai bus station and take the VIP bus to Pattaya for around 120 baht. This 552 city bus is only 35 baht.

Instead of bus 552 to Ekamai bus station you can take a meter taxi to that bus station and save around a half hour. Figure around 300 baht or 350 baht for the taxi. This is around rush hour so the traffic could be good or lousy!

Bell Travel has a bus that leaves DIRECTLY from the terminal, I don't have the phone numbers or times, but I think there is one that leaves around 6 or 7 PM. Someone may have some more help for that service. Bell Travel drops you off at their office at the Pattaya bus terminal (in the back on the right side.) They used to have a pick up and delivery service when I used Bell to take me to the old airport.

Have fun.

Hey,

Also, I heard that Songkran is celebrated on the 19th in Pattaya, is that right?

Have a good one.

Cheers,

TD

This link may answer many of your questions. When I arrive after 22 hours of travel I don't feel like dealing buses or public transportation and hire a private vehicle/limo. Cost last trip was 1400 baht from BKK to Central/South Pattaya.

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/transport.htm

Bell Coaches operate 7 coaches each way Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi. The cost is a reasobable 150 baht and that includes transportation to/from your hotel in Pattaya. The last Bell bus departs from the airport at 6PM. m the arrivals level at Suv. take the frequent, free shuttle bus to the airport bus terminus and there you will find the Bell check-in desk.

For the record, the first bus leaves Pattaya at 6AM, and then every 2 hours (on the hour) until 7PM. From the airport the first bus departs at 8AM and (as mentioned above) the last one leaves at 6PM, again every two hours on the hour.

Hope that's useful!

I just used Bell Travel to get to Pattaya today.

I emailed them and got some very quick responses. You meet the staff downstairs by Door 7. When it's time to go, they walk you out to the bus and you are on your way. They used a large air-conditioned bus and made a direct trip to Pattaya (no stops at all).

Direct trip to Pattaya and you arrive at the Bus station on North Pattaya Road. There you are transferred to a mini-van to get to your hotel. All for 150 baht.

Here is our bus schedule from Suvarnabhumi airport to Pattaya: 8.00/10.00/12.00/14.00/16.00/18.00.

The contact's number is: +66(0)89-449-8843.

Sirisong's # is 081 620 4703

Hey,

Have a good one.

Cheers,

TD

Go to departures,wait outside,. wait til a taxi meter drops a punter off, then say will you take me to pattaya for 1200 baht, if not let him go, you will get it, ive done it loads of times,. if hot or busy dont haggle over the motorway fees, just pay, its not a lot,. yes its water festival, and if you havent been before you are in for an eye opener !

For 1200 Baht you can book a Taxi in advance. There are some Companys you can contact by email. Mister Tom is one of them. You don't have to hagle, no extra costs. Driver will wait for you at Arrival. Why go to Departure to find a Taxi who probably will drop u of after 10 minutes Drive where u have to change to another Car (mostly nice old ones). Did that two times at the old Airport. Don't know if that is still the case at the new Airport.