Samui Market In Dire Straits

I'll be sure to create a new userame first.

Against forum rules.

That's great news. A sports forum I belong is barely moderated and one guy has at leat 10-20 usernames. Talk about needing to get a life.

Back to the topic at hand...

If the property market on Samui is in such bad shape, do the long term rental prices look to be going up or down by the end of the year?

If the property market on Samui is in such bad shape, do the long term rental prices look to be going up or down by the end of the year?

The weird thing about owners and/or rental agencies is that they often stick to their prices, even if a house/villa or houses are empty or stays empty.... :o

They won't negotiate an offer and I think that's stupid; I'd rather have at least some money in my hands than nothing, but logic thinking is sometimes far away in the brains of some people....but not all of them, of course :D

I speak out of experience though....

LaoPo

The weird thing about owners and/or rental agencies is that they often stick to their prices, even if a house/villa or houses are empty or stays empty.... :o

They won't negotiate an offer and I think that's stupid; I'd rather have at least some money in my hands than nothing, but logic thinking is sometimes far away in the brains of some people....but not all of them, of course :D

LaoPo

I understand because it's the exact same way up here. Seems owners would prefer an empty property for 2-3 years (like the flat above me was) rather than rent for less money.

The weird thing about owners and/or rental agencies is that they often stick to their prices, even if a house/villa or houses are empty or stays empty.... :D

LaoPo

Could it be, that we care for our houses and interiours.......?? if you rent out cheap , you get another kind of clients , who "maybe" dont take care so much about the houses.........??

More young groups, drunk everyday, puke in the bed, more schratches ......etc etc.....

Maybe some dont need the rental money.....but want to keep their own stuff in their houses.........lots of reasons.....So maybe the owners did a lot of logical thinking before they decided not to go down in price........ :o

The weird thing about owners and/or rental agencies is that they often stick to their prices, even if a house/villa or houses are empty or stays empty.... :D

LaoPo

Could it be, that we care for our houses and interiours.......?? if you rent out cheap , you get another kind of clients , who "maybe" dont take care so much about the houses.........??

More young groups, drunk everyday, puke in the bed, more schratches ......etc etc.....

Maybe some dont need the rental money.....but want to keep their own stuff in their houses.........lots of reasons.....So maybe the owners did a lot of logical thinking before they decided not to go down in price........ :o

That's actually one reason I'm thinking it would be worth it to pay more when I get there. I have a pretty low comfort level and would love to save money but the cheaper it is, then the more likely the neighbors would be like you describe.

LaoPo

Someone who wants to rent 'cheap' doesn't rent a villa.

I am talking about the more upmarket villas where owners/agents ask a lot of money.

But, my own experience is that owners/agents do rent out lower (sometimes much lower) than the original prices on websites. Those are the ones who think logical.

And, if an owner doesn't need the money, why rent it out ?

LaoPo

LaoPo

Someone who wants to rent 'cheap' doesn't rent a villa.

I am talking about the more upmarket villas where owners/agents ask a lot of money.

But, my own experience is that owners/agents do rent out lower (sometimes much lower) than the original prices on websites. Those are the ones who think logical.

well in your earlier input you wrote you think it is stupid not to take some money, instead of nothing.......so what is an upmarket villa ?? if the 20.000 baht pr. day villa goes down to 10.000 Baht how much should a 10.000 Baht pr. day villa charge ??? In my situation , I want min. 9000 Baht pr. day.........should I go lower its not worht it, since I still have to pay for electric bills, Ubc etc and as I wrote before....the interior gets more used and schratched.......

And, if an owner doesn't need the money, why rent it out ? Its always nice to have others to pay for your retirement house, if they really want to :D

LaoPo

ive been buying and selling land in samui (not a developer) as a hobby only selling to good friends and relatives since 1996 when 1 rai in chaweng cost 400000b until now its been easy because i bought very cheap but have 3 houses on the market and have had zero response in over 6 months as i said this is a hobby already have a buissness in samui that works well so have time but im sure others out there are not in my position and are panicing a little. people who bought high will lose as did the early ex pats in the early 80s did in spain.thailand over the years have had money problems around every ten years or so as have many countrys thailands last collapse was july 1997 people panic then esspecial the lending banks,so beware its coming again soon . :o

Lazyboy, I don't see it's a problem for you as you say you "only" sell to good friends and relatives? :D

yes but ive sold to anyone i call a freind :D u can be my freind if u want...ps have u noticed how busy its got in the last 3-4 days ,maybe the season is about to start .........