If Japanese moves out of China will Thailand benefit

Countries to benefit  :   Thailand, Vietnam.     Surely not Taiwan.   

No business one is insensible to move manufacturing from mainland China to Taiwan.  

After the virus,   China-South Korea-Japan triangular relationship will vastly improve to the best ever since the war.   There had been quite a lot of occasions  Western news outlet such as Bloomberg have not had the first hand sensible savvy to understand the Asians.    

On 4/12/2020 at 5:52 PM, ChouDoufu said:

that is true.

check the filing dates for these iphone trademarks!

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-36200481

they also keep the machines running after the contract is completed.  say a factory is contracted to produce 1 million north face jackets.  oftentimes the factory will deliver the million, but then produce another quarter million for the domestic market.  to get around the law, they'll print new labels like "Nrth Face" or "North Eace".

boop pirate 1.jpg

nba pirate 2.jpg

samsung pirate.jpg

sanyo pirate.jpg

Yes, and then they sell these on Ebay, and ship the items all round the world.  Same item as the brand name one, same specs, less then half the price.  

On 4/13/2020 at 2:20 AM, geisha said:

Since the corona virus outbreak, there has been a lot of talk in Europe about relocating certain factories back home. I think it’s a very good idea. Many big companies are moving out of China to mostly Vietnam. Even Apple are looking in to it. 

There are many Korean companies that have set up factories in Vietnam.  When the virus has finished, I think you will see Japanese companies look to relocate to Vietnam also.  

On 4/13/2020 at 2:20 AM, geisha said:

Since the corona virus outbreak, there has been a lot of talk in Europe about relocating certain factories back home. I think it’s a very good idea. Many big companies are moving out of China to mostly Vietnam. Even Apple are looking in to it. 

Samsung is already there.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Samsung-says-Galaxy-factories-in-Vietnam-are-at-full-capacity

2 hours ago, SwissCheeseMan said:

Samsung is already there with 17Billion investment and are building R&D building 220 million$ in Vietnam, Google, Microsoft will produce smartphone in Vietnam from this year, Apple are looking to open factory in Vietnam since Apple already moved part of Airpods production to Vietnam 

On 4/22/2020 at 6:27 PM, SwissCheeseMan said:

I think that will happen with tourism also.  

I am quite sure that will happen with tourism in the future.  We are already seeing the numbers.

Basically, Vietnam is everything Thailand used to be.  

On 4/29/2020 at 7:11 PM, papao123 said:

Samsung is already there with 17Billion investment and are building R&D building 220 million$ in Vietnam, Google, Microsoft will produce smartphone in Vietnam from this year, Apple are looking to open factory in Vietnam since Apple already moved part of Airpods production to Vietnam 

When you think of the devastation of the Vietnam War, to life and property, and how recent it is in history, and then to see how quickly they have rebuilt the country, I can only see them overtaking Thailand in the future.  I would not be surprised if the virus speeds that up.

On 4/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, sscc said:

Countries to benefit  :   Thailand, Vietnam.     Surely not Taiwan.   

No business one is insensible to move manufacturing from mainland China to Taiwan.  

After the virus,   China-South Korea-Japan triangular relationship will vastly improve to the best ever since the war.   There had been quite a lot of occasions  Western news outlet such as Bloomberg have not had the first hand sensible savvy to understand the Asians.    

With a strong baht, why do you think Thailand will benefit?