Mitsubishi Ep Series Home Water Pumps

MoD1977

I bought a new EP-305 pump today and in the manual there is a point that say (if I understand it correctly) that for underground Tanks you have to remove the spring in the Valve.

Can anyone confirm if I'm right in my understanding?

And if so what is the reason for it?

Asking because I have in the other House a WP-255 pump also connected to an underground Tank and the spring is still in there.

thanks

51 minutes ago, MoD1977 said:

I bought a new EP-305 pump today and in the manual there is a point that say (if I understand it correctly) that for underground Tanks you have to remove the spring in the Valve.

Can anyone confirm if I'm right in my understanding?

And if so what is the reason for it?

Best to post a scan or picture of the manual so we don’t have to go looking for one.

Installation Accessories - Spring - Strainer Since the water pump is installed in a variety of ways, in order to have the most efficiency and longevity, the equipment (spring) must be installed.  Type 1 In the case of installing a water pump for use on the water tank, there is no need to remove the spring from the check valve as in Figure 1 ea Year 1, Lid-E 1 --- Check Valve / Type 2 Case  Suck water from wells or if  If the water reservoir is underground, remove the spring at the check valve as shown in Figure 2. Spring | Figure 2 EZ Check Valve Cap Mounting position Installing the water pump The water pump should be fastened to the floor and pipes. 

Google is your friend. This is the translated text.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

40 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Two different styles of pump. The EP- has no pressure tank whereas the WP- has.

(but didn't stop my helpful brother-in-law removing the spring from the latter!)

The EP does have a pressure tank, Mitsubishi call it an accumulator. It’s No. 43 in the picture under.6844E20E-D20E-4192-BFE5-CD6D147F3B4F.thumb.jpeg.2cd98b28e591358eb62d8edec6d88a72.jpeg

both types should have the spring removed for sucking from under their level.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:47 AM, sometimewoodworker said:

The EP does have a pressure tank, Mitsubishi call it an accumulator. It’s No. 43 in the picture under.6844E20E-D20E-4192-BFE5-CD6D147F3B4F.thumb.jpeg.2cd98b28e591358eb62d8edec6d88a72.jpeg

both types should have the spring removed for sucking from under their level.

I think both series have the same stile of pump and the difference is only the pressure tank part of the whole unit.

So then it would make sense to remove the spring on the WP-series too.

But maybe I'm wrong and someone will correct me?

2 hours ago, MoD1977 said:

I think both series have the same stile of pump and the difference is only the pressure tank part of the whole unit.

So then it would make sense to remove the spring on the WP-series too.

But maybe I'm wrong and someone will correct me?

Did you read the post above yours or even the quoted text?

The answer is there