Jump to content

No Alcohol Sales ChonBuri effective Immediatly


jimn

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DungeonMouse said:

Got to love the Mom and Pop stores here...

This ain't no 1 day buhdist holiday but 20 day c19 closure, massive fines.  Those sillly enough to risk it will be striped bare in a day and wholesalers will NOT be replenishing stock!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the ban on wholesalers is the kicker...they may have actually thought this through...although they couldn't organise a <deleted>-up in a brewery, seems they know how to ban one!

 

Hope it doesn't get extended beyond the 30th...even those who stocked up may feel the pinch

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, madmen said:

This ain't no 1 day buhdist holiday but 20 day c19 closure, massive fines.  Those sillly enough to risk it will be striped bare in a day and wholesalers will NOT be replenishing stock!

This won't discourage mom and pop in the slightest, they'll sell what they have until they can't sell anymore, probably with a small price increase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

This won't discourage mom and pop in the slightest, they'll sell what they have until they can't sell anymore, probably with a small price increase.

My local mom and pop store yesterday was flat out delivering  boxes of beer and whiskey, their delivery guy can fit 10 boxes on his sidecar scoot (I know its 10 as they had to do multiple trips to my place last week) and I'd reckon they delivered easily 200 boxes of beer if not more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

My local mom and pop store yesterday was flat out delivering  boxes of beer and whiskey, their delivery guy can fit 10 boxes on his sidecar scoot (I know its 10 as they had to do multiple trips to my place last week) and I'd reckon they delivered easily 200 boxes of beer if not more.

Business is booming, good for them, at least they're still making a living!

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

They will be shut today !!

Indeed, from boom to bust at the flick of a switch. A week and a half of good business followed by nothing for the next two and a half weeks in what may traditionally have been one of their best months of the year in Pattaya. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kinyara said:

Indeed, from boom to bust at the flick of a switch. A week and a half of good business followed by nothing for the next two and a half weeks. 

With all the bars closed I'd reckon they have been feeling the pinch for a while, Most likely welcomed the booze ban just to clear their stock.

I should mention my local mom and pop shop only sells booze.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's worrying is why?...it's certainly not because of Songran as that's finished by 20th...my view is, as poverty  starts to kick in as no salary this month, civil unrest is on the cards. You have to feel sorry for bar owners, that will be six week shutdown already...and likely monthly extensions continuing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, baansgr said:

What's worrying is why?...it's certainly not because of Songran as that's finished by 20th...my view is, as poverty  starts to kick in as no salary this month, civil unrest is on the cards. You have to feel sorry for bar owners, that will be six week shutdown already...and likely monthly extensions continuing. 

Maybe a combination of factors, potential for spread in domestic parties during Songkran, one of the original Bangkok clusters developed from that. Plus the paranoia from those running the show that the economic hardship facing the masses might be the final.straw for the discontent building around the election results and clamping down on the legitimate opposition prior to Covid emerging. 

 

If the numbers I've seen are to be believed the people actually qualifying and receiving the 5,000 baht assistance is a fraction of those that applied, I'd say that's going to be a major issue in stoking discontent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Learned a lesson from Bangkok where advance warning meant sales outlets were swamped and social distancing went out of the window.

Chonburi, and others, made the announcement after the shops had closed and when the curfew had started.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Inn Between said:

gotta feel bad for those who like to imbibe but haven't stocked up.

I have been enjoying just a couple of cold ones as the sun set on a hot day of isolation... and surprised how I grew to anticipate it bored as mercury climbed to 36 DegC. I can go for a week, then perhaps a single cold one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, baansgr said:

What's worrying is why?...it's certainly not because of Songran as that's finished by 20th...my view is, as poverty  starts to kick in as no salary this month, civil unrest is on the cards. You have to feel sorry for bar owners, that will be six week shutdown already...and likely monthly extensions continuing. 

I doubt they'll open again this year and even if they were able to there will be no tourists to next year anyway at the earliest

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have been enjoying just a couple of cold ones as the sun set on a hot day of isolation... and surprised how I grew to anticipate it bored as mercury climbed to 36 DegC. I can go for a week, then perhaps a single cold one!

Keeping people cooped up in red hot houses without the chance of a bit of cold liquid refreshment is a recipe for disaster.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chantaburi and Prachinburi aka Sa Keo, Aranyaphatet still OK!

 

Thaivisa source.

 

Bangkok 10-20 April, 2020
Buri Ram 2-30 April, 2020
Chachoengsao 10-19 April, 2020
Chiang Mai 10-20 April, 2020
Chiang Rai 12-16 April, 2020
Chonburi 10-30 April, 2020
Kamphaeng Phet 10-20 April, 2020
Lampang 11-15 April, 2020
Lamphun 1-30 April, 2020
Mukdahan 6-30 April, 2020
Nakhon Nayok 10-19 April, 2020
Nakhon Pathom 2-30 April, 2020
Nakhon Ratchasima 11-18 April, 2020.
Nonthaburi 11-20 April, 2020
Pathum Thani 11-19 April, 2020
Phetchaburi 10-30 April, 2020
Phitsanulok 1 April, 2020, until further notice
Phuket 11 April, 2020, until further notice
Prachuap Khiri Khan 9-30 April, 2020
Rayong 3-15 April, 2020
Roi Et 10-17 April, 2020 (17.00-22.00 Hrs.)
Sakon Nakhon 31 March, 2020 – 16 April, 2020
Samut Prakan 11-20 April, 2020
Samut Songkhram 1 April, 2020, until further notice
Sukhothai 11-20 April, 2020
Suphan Buri 4-30 April, 2020
Surat Thani 11 - 17 April 2020
Surin 2-30 April, 2020
Ubon Ratchathani 10-30 April, 2020
Yasothon

11-17 April, 2020

 

*last updated 12 April 07:50

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Keeping people cooped up in red hot houses without the chance of a bit of cold liquid refreshment is a recipe for disaster.

 

With respect - what rubbish. I'm staying at home, walking around the garden and mooban mini-park, drinking ice-cold soda laced with fruit juice. And a bottle of Heineken 00 with my dinner. No disaster here, mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...