No Alcohol Sales ChonBuri effective Immediatly

jimn

46 minutes ago, essox essox said:

I have watched many news channels ......

It seems that THIS IS THEE only country that has banned the sale of alcohol......BIG QUESTION is WHY ???

Because they don't want the virus to spread during the traditional Songkran period where people will still congregate - and more so, if alcohol is on the menu. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stephenterry said:

Because they don't want the virus to spread during the traditional Songkran period where people will still congregate - and more so, if alcohol is on the menu. 

Thousands and thousands and thousands left BKK and Pattaya etc back to the boonies 3 weeks ago

Apparently there have been no outbreaks !!

On 4/12/2020 at 10:09 AM, stephenterry said:

i understand that.....but why, like myself and many others can not buy solely for ones social drinking it is ludicrous 

• Haha 1

On 4/12/2020 at 10:14 AM, jimn said:

I would question why the date is until the 30th, however it is obvious why. The cancelled Songkran holiday is approaching, Thai's will still congregate in groups and try to get drunk over this period. Banning alcohol reduces this risk. Also in recent days there have been news of farangs gathering in groups on the Pattaya and Jomtien beach areas, also a risk, so this is why.

it is NOT approaching IT IS SUPPOSE to start today !!!

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

it is NOT approaching IT IS SUPPOSE to start today !!!

No need to post in capital letters, that is considered rude on TV and is against the rules. Yes I hear you, thats why they introduced it last night. I was commenting on that fact. Calm down man.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, essox essox said:

i understand that.....but why, like myself and many others can not buy solely for ones social drinking it is ludicrous 

Exactly - social drinking means people congregating - which would be the case with Thai families get-togethers. We, sociable farangs, are also advised to keep our family units in ONE place.  

On 4/12/2020 at 10:19 AM, jimn said:

No need to post in capital letters, that is considered rude on TV and is against the rules. Yes I hear you, thats why they introduced it last night. I was commenting on that fact. Calm down man.

i was emphasing the fact that is WHAT capitals can be used for!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Exactly - social drinking means people congregating - which would be the case with Thai families get-togethers. We, sociable farangs, are also advised to keep our family units in ONE place.  

How about anti-social drinking then? That is me, and my good lady, sharing a cold can on the terrace as the sun and heat descends. Apparently no longer allowed.....for 3 weeks we have isolated and keep things bearable with simple pleasures. Why turn that screw on this?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tropo said:

This is good news. They should have banned it at the same time they closed the malls. Better late than never.

And the bad news is, every street market in East Pattaya  is working as a normal day,  BBQ smoke,  and lots, & lots of customers as of 2 days ago

2 hours ago, jimn said:

Someone has the DT's already!!!! 555

• Thanks 1

The wholesalers are all open and selling happily in this part of town. I've got quite a stock here but as you never know how long this will go on for I decided it was wise to lay in some more supplies. Definitely no problems lasting well into May now, hic! 

Edited by Guderian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, actonion said:

And the bad news is, every street market in East Pattaya  is working as a normal day,  BBQ smoke,  and lots, & lots of customers as of 2 days ago

That's good news. Food is essential, alcohol is not. Did you think that in a lockdown people no longer need to eat? I can also buy takeaway food in the shopping malls and other restaurants, and they have plenty of customers too.

Many people are struggling financially right now. They need to spend any cash they have on food. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Business is booming, good for them, at least they're still making a living!

It won't be so good for them if they are caught and fined. The fines will cancel out any profit they made.

5 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Misery loves company

LOL. As a non-drinker the drinking habits of the community don't affect me too much, other than a slight improvement due to fewer drunks around and better drivers. The average forum IQ may improve too as fewer members post drunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

LOL. As a non-drinker the drinking habits of the community don't affect me too much, other than a slight improvement due to fewer drunks around and better drivers. The average forum IQ may improve too as fewer members post drunk.

I'm amazed you are a non drinker. Well blow me down with a feather

You can come down from your ivory tower after that splendiferous revelation

I understand your anger, you were born 400 years too late.

You would have revelled in the 16th century puritanical era 

Edited by Canuck1966
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I'm amazed you are a non drinker. Well blow me down with a feather

You can come down from your ivory tower after that splendiferous revelation

I understand your anger, you were born 400 years too late.

You would have revelled in the 16th century puritanical era 

LOL. You sound like you're a total mess over this ban. Obviously you're the angry one...

I'm actually enjoying this thread and reading the responses from losers who can't live without it. So far you're the only one biting.

Edited by tropo
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

Actually alcohol fuels domestic violence.. so alcohol + lockdown is recipe for domestic violence. Now if they were allowing weed then everyone would be chilled out ????

And burning the house down....

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And burning the house down....

I never read about that, have read about smokers (normal ones) doing that not yet stoners. Though if you use a bong or vape it will be almost impossible to burn a house down.

Then again not everyone who drinks get violenent, a large part does however. Far more then with other drugs.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

I never read about that, have read about smokers (normal ones) doing that not yet stoners. Though if you use a bong or vape it will be almost impossible to burn a house down.

Then again not everyone who drinks get violenent, a large part does however. Far more then with other drugs.

I think stoners tend to forget things so check more often .... hmmm did I leave the door unlocked