2020 overall deaths interesting comparison site.

Thailand

7 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

No I don't... That's why I asked !!

There was all this talk about deaths doubling every 2 days, every 3 days, whatever...

Hasn't happened.. Yes, there have been lots of deaths but it's not that bad ????

Just in the US, Its was 5,000 deaths on April 1st, 10,000 deaths on April 6th, now 20,000 on April 11th, that is doubling every 5 days.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I suspect you are pulling my leg

I suspect you are wilfully misunderstanding, but just in case you’re not then try reading what peterw42 said again and think about the meaning of ‘mortality rate’.

20 minutes ago, chessman said:

I suspect you are wilfully misunderstanding, but just in case you’re not then try reading what peterw42 said again and think about the meaning of ‘mortality rate’.

If you have a mortality of 0.1 % for the flu of 1,000 cases 1 will die if you have a mortality rate of 2-3% for sars cov 2 then 20-30 will die.If 30,000 die from the flu each month 600,000-900,000 will die each month from sars cov 2.So I tried re-reading the post but still fail to come to a different conclusion so as I'm not wilfully misunderstanding please explain where I'm going wrong because I know I'm not that bright and often miss the bleedingly obvious so help me out here if you can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

No I don't... That's why I asked !!

There was all this talk about deaths doubling every 2 days, every 3 days, whatever...

Hasn't happened.. Yes, there have been lots of deaths but it's not that bad ????

He didn´t say it was that bad. Don´t always try to twist everything to get a point. In this case you have no point. The post did not say that any country had experienced that yet. It pointed out the possibilities and compared with how many of the mentioned diseases on the dokument could be calculated to have the same dangerous potential.

Try to understand what you read.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

Just in the US, Its was 5,000 deaths on April 1st, 10,000 deaths on April 6th, now 20,000 on April 11th, that is doubling every 5 days.

@ 62 deaths per 1 million population the USA has a ways to go to catch up to the likes of Italy/Spain/France/ ETC ETC .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If you have a mortality of 0.1 % for the flu of 1,000 cases 1 will die if you have a mortality rate of 2-3% for sars cov 2 then 20-30 will die.If 30,000 die from the flu each month 600,000-900,000 will die each month from sars cov 2.So I tried re-reading the post but still fail to come to a different conclusion so as I'm not wilfully misunderstanding please explain where I'm going wrong because I know I'm not that bright and often miss the bleedingly obvious so help me out here if you can.

This is the start of Covid 19, looking at total deaths at the moment is not very useful because that is not why governments are taking such extreme measures. Instead, think about the potential devastation this virus could cause. If 30,000 die from the flu every month, how many could die from a virus that spread more easily than flu and killed more of the people who got it? 

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

collective suicide of a world economy

Really!? You can´t be serious. Most countries will bounce back after less than a year. The housing crisis was much worse. Signs started already 2003, and nobody took any notice except Warren Buffet. That led to a collapse at the end of 2006 and was also what created the global financial crisis between 2007-2009. Economic collapse? Now, the world recovered fine. Any changes after that? No, people still not learned anything. Another crisis will come. This is just a minor bump in the road, that will soon be forgotten. Nothing will change at the end, until next time something comes up that makes people suffer.

• Sad 2

Just now, Matzzon said:

Really!? You can´t be serious. Most countries will bounce back after less than a year.

and hundreds of millions of unemployed ..
In the US alone the list is dangerously growing;
the same is true in almost all European countries.
You believe that the economy will restart, like that, with a simple wand of the magic wand after a year or maybe more almost total stop.

The crisis you are talking about was a bubble; it has nothing to do .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No he is not trying to make the virus insignificant I feel the same as there are many other causes of death in this world which are being made insignificant by the importance placed on this virus which seem to require such drastic action where as the other causes of death don't seem worthy of the same attention.The coronavirus is a flu which happens every year yet without proper scientific study this virus suddenly requires the world to take these actions which are not applied to other flu pandemics.Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGC5sGdz4kg&t=502s

Supereasy! Because a vaccin is mostly easily to make, that can stop or limit the spread. This time there is none yet, and that makes the world vulnerable, and it´s takes greater measures to curb the spread.

Another thing that you probably missed, is that all the diseases mentioned in the document is under continuous research all the time to find the answer on and the mystery with. Maybe that means that you are wrong in saying that the are being made insignificant.

All but one on the document is also not contagious in the same meaning, maybe some can be inherited. However, that is also something that has to be taken into consideration.

Most of that tells a clear picture. There is no point with the document, because it can not be compared and it say nothing about the situation we all are in at the moment.

And please spare me the value of the Youtube BS. Just another fairly educated man or a half lunatic that tries to make a couple of quick bucks everyday.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

You believe that the economy will restart, like that, with a simple wand of the magic wand after a year or maybe more almost total stop.

Yes it has all to do with everything, in the perspective of the damage it caused.

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

The economy does not totally stop, 80% of economic activity is continuing is the statistic I read. 

it is an interesting question about the economy restarting... usually recessions are caused by structural problems but nobody has ever paused an economy that was doing fine so nobody really know what will happen. I heard two economic historians talking about it and they said the situation was unique. It’s certainly not lasting a year or more, very likely that by the summer most things will be back to normal.

20 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

You are so full of yourself aren't you ????

I believe you will be exponentially joining people's ignore lists .. 

No, I am not. But I can still read, and understand what I am reading.

• Haha 2