China's blame game doesn't solve anything.

WineOh

8 minutes ago, ravip said:

have heard that in China there have been crazy conspiracy theories just as there have been in other countries. One of these theories is that the virus started in the USA.

The coronavirus did not escape from a lab. Here's how we know.

A new analysis of SARS-CoV-2 may finally put that latter idea to bed. A group of researchers compared the genome of this novel coronavirus with the seven other coronaviruses known to infect humans: SARS, MERS and SARS-CoV-2, which can cause severe disease; along with HKU1, NL63, OC43 and 229E, which typically cause just mild symptoms, the researchers wrote March 17 in the journal Nature Medicine.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, garrya said:

Bats, and pangolins, and snakes .... and.... still no Covid virus was found in a single animal in China. LOL

wrong, the lab at wuhan has been studying the corona virus for years in the bats that live in  local caves around wuhan, if you bothered to read up on information given out by the head of the chinese lab concerned you would be aware of this, it has also been in several different new articles for some time now. The problem was the chinese officials had them destroy all the samples taken from  the wet market animals as well as the first people to get it then also destroyed all the animals in the wet market as well effectively removing all traces of it and of course the first person to get it, this has also been documented if you cared to look

• Like 2

1 hour ago, garrya said:

Don't you think they don't know where the animals that were sold at the Wuhan wet market originated from? Not a single virus was found. 

really? so who's killing the people there

3 hours ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Humanity will never progress if we never learn from our mistakes.

when has humanity ever learned from its mistakes!

actually the medical community recognise the 1st major outbreak was in Wuhan but no one is actually saying the virus started there.
epidemics pandemics dont just occur overnight 

wuhan is a very easy scapegoat having that research lab there everyone just jumps on the initial conclusion.
If we had learned from our mistakes you would not be posting as you did 

when will you learn ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, garrya said:

And as for the origin of the virus? LOL.

I am yet to see the news that anybody has ever found the Covid anywhere in the wildlife of China. Don't you think they don't know where the animals that were sold at the Wuhan wet market originated from? Not a single virus was found. 

Experts have confirmed that the deadly corona virus outbreak began at a wholesale animal market in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, a report said.

Scientists with the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said tests show the pneumonia-like virus initially jumped from animals to humans at the Huanan Seafood Wholesales Market, News.com.au reported, citing China’s state-owned Xinhua news agency.

Please research and stop with the false info you keep posting.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, andy72 said:

when has humanity ever learned from its mistakes!

actually the medical community recognise the 1st major outbreak was in Wuhan but no one is actually saying the virus started there.
epidemics pandemics dont just occur overnight 

wuhan is a very easy scapegoat having that research lab there everyone just jumps on the initial conclusion.
If we had learned from our mistakes you would not be posting as you did 

when will you learn ?

Are you saying the virus did not originate in the Huanan Seafood Market in Wuhan, Hubei province?

I just want to clarify.

Edited by Liverpoolfan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, seajae said:

wrong, the lab at wuhan has been studying the corona virus for years in the bats that live in  local caves around wuhan, if you bothered to read up on information given out by the head of the chinese lab concerned you would be aware of this, it has also been in several different new articles for some time now. The problem was the chinese officials had them destroy all the samples taken from  the wet market animals as well as the first people to get it then also destroyed all the animals in the wet market as well effectively removing all traces of it and of course the first person to get it, this has also been documented if you cared to look

Oh my. Nobody has ever reported a Covid finding in bats, nor in any other animals in China.

Bats have been known to harbour the most viruses, including coronaviruses. However, the Covid is YET to be found in these creatures. And the first known finding of Covid was in a Canadian lab where they experimented with this and many other viruses and  where the Chinese most likely stole it from. Google is gonna tell you this. 

Show me a link that clearly says based on scientific evidence that COVID-19 with zero difference in RNA is found in bats or pangolins or dinosaurs, please. 

If you do, I'll apologize and stop commenting on TV.

By the way, did you know the common cold is often caused by coronaviruses? Probably not, because BBC and CNN won't tell  you. It wouldn't shift the blame from China.

• Confused 1

Everybody who believes that China are responsible, or even anyone who want to simply punish them for whatever reason can do so buy stopping buying Chinese sourced/made goods.

No more i-phones, clones, or computers, no more consumer goods, and (for those of us in T/L) no more vegetables that are grown there.

Nearly everything we buy can be sourced or substituted from other places, although they will almost certainly be more expensive, and will probably contain components or materials that originated from China, so you'll need to do a little research before handing over your hard earned cash.

But with a little bit of effort every one of us CAN do our bit to punish them.....

3 minutes ago, garrya said:

Oh my. Nobody has ever reported a Covid finding in bats, nor in any other animals in China.

Bats have been known to harbour the most viruses, including coronaviruses. However, the Covid is YET to be found in these creatures. And the first known finding of Covid was in a Canadian lab where they experimented with this and many other viruses and  where the Chinese most likely stole it from. Google is gonna tell you this. 

Show me a link that clearly says based on scientific evidence that COVID-19 with zero difference in RNA is found in bats or pangolins or dinosaurs, please. 

By the way, did you know the common cold is often caused by coronaviruses? Probably not, because BBC and CNN won't tell  you. It wouldn't shift the blame from China.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/tests-confirm-source-of-deadly-coronavirus-outbreak-in-wuhan/news-story/381c166d5a

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, steve73 said:

Everybody who believes that China are responsible, or even anyone who want to simply punish them for whatever reason can do so buy stopping buying Chinese sourced/made goods.

No more i-phones, clones, or computers, no more consumer goods, and (for those of us in T/L) no more vegetables that are grown there

This is precisely what I would like to see happen.

Boycotting all Chinese goods would be an excellent start.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Experts have confirmed that the deadly corona virus outbreak began at a wholesale animal market in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, a report said.

Scientists with the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention said tests show the pneumonia-like virus initially jumped from animals to humans at the Huanan Seafood Wholesales Market, News.com.au reported, citing China’s state-owned Xinhua news agency.

Experts say things when paid by governments but where is the evidence? None of these experts have come  forward to show you the animal that had Covid in their body. Oh my...

I jumped from the tree to another, but this doesn't mean I am a squirrel.

Do you actually understand the difference between saying things and showing undeniable proof? 

Show me a link that proves that the Covid was found in any other creature but humans in China.

There are lots of coronaviruses everywhere, and it is true that bats harbout many types, but nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY has ever found  the exact Covid in bats, pangolins, chickens, dinosaurs. SHOW ME A LINK THAT SAYS THE OPPOSITE!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, garrya said:

Fine. I will do the leg work for you this once.

Here, take look at this.

Tells you all you need to know about the origins of Covid-19.

I hope it's not too much or you.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.27.14 PM.png

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

This is precisely what I would like to see happen.

Boycotting all Chinese goods would be an excellent start.

And celebrate when Syria, Yemen, Lybia and so on are bombed to rubble by our American and European friends. China is a dictatorship and no one can deny it, but believing the China is  the evil of the world.... oh no

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Liverpoolfan said:

Fine. I will do the leg work for you this once.

Here, take look at this.

Tells you all you need to know about the origins of Covid-19.

I hope it's not too much or you.

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 1.27.14 PM.png

Coronavirus is a group of many viruses.. They infect people all over the world. 

Covid is just only one type that appeared in 2019. 

Jesus buddy, don't do thi to yourself.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, garrya said:

They eat raw bats in China.

They sold bats for food at this wet market.

Coronaviruses live inside birds (including and especially bats).

Do you see the correlation yet???

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, garrya said:

Ohh, article removed due to fake news lol

Not sure why you can not open it up, but it works just fine, title of one of many articles verifying where it came from is listed below:

?path=components.nav-primary&t_domain=news.com.au&t_product=newscomau
"Tests confirm source of deadly coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan

Chinese disease experts have carried out scientific tests to pinpoint exactly where the deadly coronavirus outbreak began in Wuhan"  

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/tests-confirm-source-of-deadly-coronavirus-outbreak-in-wuhan/news-story/381c166d5abb699e12712a3a28c6b593

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, garrya said:

the difference between coronaviruses is a little. 

So yes, it definitely doesn't prove anything. I am only 1 kg lighter and 1 cm shorter than my brother. That's 96% different.

So let's do it again. Have they found Covid in any other bats? Nope, but something similar.

All viruses mutate when they cross the species barrier and the genome becomes different by a few %. To have a virus that is virtually identical to the SARS-Cov-2 virus in bats means it is almost certainly the origin. No, CoVid-19 has not been found in bats - because that's the disease not the virus and bats don't get sick from the viruses they carry (which is a whole other fascinating story, incidentally).

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, garrya said:

And celebrate when Syria, Yemen, Lybia and so on are bombed to rubble by our American and European friends. China is a dictatorship and no one can deny it, but believing the China is  the evil of the world.... oh no

What has this comment got to do with boycotting Chinese goods.?

If you believe China is responsible for Covid, and/or for the wider problems with the west's economies due to their competitiveness then anyone can make an individual effort.

If you're happy to keep supporting the Chinese economy at this time then so be it, dictatorship or not, but I fail to understand what the West's interference in the Middle East has to do with it...

5 minutes ago, steve73 said:

What has this comment got to do with boycotting Chinese goods.?

If you believe China is responsible for Covid, and/or for the wider problems with the west's economies due to their competitiveness then anyone can make an individual effort.

If you're happy to keep supporting the Chinese economy at this time then so be it, dictatorship or not, but I fail to understand what the West's interference in the Middle East has to do with it...

The comment posted that you responded to is a deflective maneuver because someone, whose post you responded to, can not admit that they may just be wrong.  Some folks just can never retract and apologize, goes again morals and upbringing.

The fact is this: The Corona Virus Sars-CoV2 is and always will be linked to China and the Wuhan province as to its starting point and origination......nothing more to say.  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crobe said:

Yes, the evidence is there - just google it for yourself - the conspiracy theory came from a Chinese official - Zhao Lijian.

"A Chinese government spokesman has tried to blame the US army for the deadly coronavirus outbreak, which was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization this week.

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian claimed Thursday that the US military might have brought the COVID-19 virus to the Chinese city of Wuhan, where the outbreak emerged in December"

Courtesy NY Times.

Right, but my post asked about systematic coverage. I understand that there are crazies everywhere and we can find examples of that but that is not the same thing at all. Did Chinese news sources accept and publish what this guy said? Does anybody know?

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The fact is this: The Corona Virus Sars-CoV2 is and always will be linked to China and the Wuhan province as to its starting point and origination......nothing more to say.  

Whilst I agree with what you've actually written (or at least my understanding of your statement), there is currently no proof that the virus originated there.

There are many contributors to this thread repeatedly whinging about China being responsible for the virus, but irrespective of whether you believe this to be the case or otherwise, my suggestion to boycott their goods allows everyone the opportunity to make an immediate personal contribution to punish them directly, albeit in a small way.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, steve73 said:

Whilst I agree with what you've actually written (or at least my understanding of your statement), there is currently no proof that the virus originated there.

There are many contributors to this thread repeatedly whinging about China being responsible for the virus, but irrespective of whether you believe this to be the case or otherwise, my suggestion to boycott their goods allows everyone the opportunity to make an immediate personal contribution to punish them directly, albeit in a small way.

Plenty of news from Chinese sources that corroborate that the virus did indeed start in Wuhan

Titles of some of the articles carried in many Papers in January, one such headline is:

"Tests confirm source of deadly corona virus outbreak in Wuhan Chinese disease experts have carried out scientific tests to pinpoint exactly where the deadly corona virus outbreak began in Wuhan" 

I have linked at least a few articles to some of my posts to let inquiring minds read the articles and see where the Chinese experts say it started after they conducted tests.

To me its not much of a mystery.  What is a mystery is why they sat on it for as long as they did, and then why the rest of the world responded as they did, leading us to these shutdowns and all other special decrees and travel bans.  What makes this virus so nasty is the inability to pinpoint its transmission point, any specific vectors, and the asymptomatic carrying of this virus without showing any signs.  In some ways it reminds me of Hepatitis.

One day there may be an inoculation to a specific strain, but as we all know those inoculations do not work for everyone, and mutations always occur in order for the virus or pathogen that is created to continue on its merry way.

The bigger mystery is why have all the global economies relied on China to produce the products they need.  The answer is cheap labor and costs, which allow for a markup of prices so that balance books and profits can be increased.  Yes its a personal choice to vote with your feet and fingers and boycott something we see as a contributor to the ills in life.

Be safe

Edited by ThailandRyan

4 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Why???

3000 (allegedly died) out of 1.4 billion

That's a death rate of 0.000002142857

No country goes into crisis mode on those lies!

Never allowed any foreign assistance either , just lies and more lies

they do if those 3000 occur mainly in one city, just before the world's largest mass migration.  remember huge portions of a really big country were mostly unaffected.  they wanted to keep it that way. 

slow response at first, but the total lockdown of wuhan (stupidly announced in advance), and modified lockdown in other provinces depending on local conditions, kept the spread under control.

remains to be seen what will happen when factories return to full production, and universities reopen.  i expect there will be more local cases popping up, resulting in entire districts of affected cities being completely shut down for 14-21 days to stop transmission.

• Like 1

Just now, ChouDoufu said:

they do if those 3000 occur mainly in one city, just before the world's largest mass migration.  remember huge portions of a really big country were mostly unaffected.  they wanted to keep it that way. 

slow response at first, but the total lockdown of wuhan (stupidly announced in advance), and modified lockdown in other provinces depending on local conditions, kept the spread under control.

remains to be seen what will happen when factories return to full production, and universities reopen.  i expect there will be more local cases popping up, resulting in entire districts of affected cities being completely shut down for 14-21 days to stop transmission.

I understand that to a certain extent, but those cities are millions and millions of people and it took a while to lock them down completley

There were a lot of flights from Wuhan to Thailand in January

3 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I understand that to a certain extent, but those cities are millions and millions of people and it took a while to lock them down completley

There were a lot of flights from Wuhan to Thailand in January

yes, exactly.  millions and millions of people.  and a massive governmental bureaucracy handicapped by inertia and random officials unwilling to take responsibility.

don't give china 100% of the blame for those flights from wuhan.  thailand could have stopped them, but chose not to.

look at us in the usa; we had 'perfect' knowledge of the situation in china, and specifically wuhan, but did little to prepare, wasting months of precious time.

even today, when we know what is effective, we still have people refusing to stay isolated for a couple weeks.  still have megachurch pastors filling the pews with thousands.

• Like 1