Sonkran Status In Pattaya

Phil Conners

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought that Patters had Sonkran for 1 day, a week later than the rest of Thailand. Has

this changed. :D

yes it starts earlier than anywhere else it seems and finishes on the 19th

From past experiences I would say that it will still be going on the 20th and with Saturday being the 21st it could be a wet weekend :o

Dman, another week of that carp ... :o

Let your carp go outside....it'll take to Songkran like a fish to water!! :D

If you take your carp outside, some street vendor will grab it, cook it and sell it !

Of course, kept inside, it would be known as a carp pet, and you would normally walk on it (hard to vacuum I imagine !).

And if you are venturing out in Pattaya (Songkran or otherwise), remember "carp diem" (Sieze the Day). Do that and you'll have nothing to carp about !

:D

I need to drive down to Tuk com. and then to Carrefour to do some essential shopping this afternoon.

Does anyone know if I will get soaked, or will it be pretty safe? (I will have to walk from the Tuk.com car park to Tuk.Com)

Thanks for any advice.

I need to drive down to Tuk com. and then to Carrefour to do some essential shopping this afternoon.

Does anyone know if I will get soaked, or will it be pretty safe? (I will have to walk from the Tuk.com car park to Tuk.Com)

Thanks for any advice.

Should be pretty safe with that one i would think, but TIT

Thanks for any advice.

Should be pretty safe with that one i would think, but TIT

Thanks Baz,

Think I'll bring a change of clothing and a towel just in case :o

mamanoodle and I decided to be brave and venture out to the shops and walk along beach road. Well we drove along and decided to go park at Carrefour and shop there.

Call us cowards if you want but it was mad, you couldn't <deleted>*** walk 20 yards without getting soaked on 2nd Road and Beach Road. And again 9/10 it was falangs with their blue power cannons/buckets etc etc specially at Wonder bar 2nd road.

Shopping in Carrefour was very pleasant and a dry experience. Now to get wet inside :o !!!

2nd road around Soi Diana saw one guy squirted off a baht bus. One squirted off a motorcycle and broke his leg.

One other person who was knocked off of his motorcycle stabbed the guy doing the squirting in the leg, but unfortunately missed an artery.

Squirting is not really accurate for describing those water cannon things.

The cops are going along and randomly confiscating them with no apparent plan.

2nd road around Soi Diana saw one guy squirted off a baht bus. One squirted off a motorcycle and broke his leg.

One other person who was knocked off of his motorcycle stabbed the guy doing the squirting in the leg, but unfortunately missed an artery.

Squirting is not really accurate for describing those water cannon things.

The cops are going along and randomly confiscating them with no apparent plan.

Plenty of them in soi 7, one cop came along on his bike and was telling people to stop about 7pm but as soon as he was gone, well

Tomorrow more of the super soaker festival pics coming your way

Its a tough job but somone has to do it

Edited by bazmlb

Thanks Baz,

Think I'll bring a change of clothing and a towel just in case :D

Too late to help in this instance. The TukCom trolley goes right past my building every few minutes. When the water starts flying, they usually drop the plastic curtains to help keep the passengers dry.

No water being sprayed around here yet though. Just about the same time you were posting your message, I was on the moto heading to Friendship to stock up the fridge. Dry all the way.

A little later I was visiting a friend just off of soi VC. On the way back two (Thai) youngsters on soi 17 were tossing a bit of water. I slowed down when I saw them, but they waved at me to carry on. They were ignoring anyone on a moto.

Last night I went by moto-taxi to visit some friends on Beach Road. Expecting to get soaked at some point, I had everything secured in zip-lock baggies. My friends told me not to worry, as the water throwing doesn't happen after dark (yeah, right). :o

Afterwards I strolled down Walking Street. The only water spraying I saw was a large group of Asian tourists chasing each other around with water guns. Then one of my friends tried to douse me (in her "establishment") with a bottle of water. Unfortunately (for her), I was able to stop her with one hand and with the other, I grabbed a bucket that was 3/4's full of ice cubes and melted water. Being the gentleman that I am :D

I didn't just dump it on her, but rather allowed all that icy goodness to slowly pour over her head and neck ! :D

Of course now I have to have eyes in the back of my head, because I'm pretty sure she'll be looking for a little revenge the next time she sees me. :D

All the best laid plans etc....

I had bought series 5 and 6 of the Sopranos, and was watching them in a marathon sitting - to see me through Songkran - when I came across an empty disc at the start of series 6.

No choice but to get it replaced at Tuk.com

Arrived yesterday afternoon about 2 p.m. - parked up in Friendship, walked the short distance to Tuk .com, replaced the faulty disc, bought a series of 'Boston Legal', just in case, and made it back to the car, completely dry.

Felt a bit like one of those places in a war zone where you wait for a lull in the fighting and then rush out to stock up, before the guns open fire again. :o

No more excursions down town until next week.

I just came back from a visit to Tukcom ... the road between the parking house and Tukcom was dry but plenty of fighting going in the next sois.

I know what you mean about getting blank disks. You really should check up on bittorrent. Nuff said.

I'm planning on going to Pattaya for the first time ever on Friday evening, staying until Sunday. What's the likelihood of there being some water throwing going on over the weekend? To be honest it looks quite good fun from those pictures. But is it fun in the same way that it usually is in Bangkok, or is it a bit more malicious and antisocial in Pattaya?

I'm planning on going to Pattaya for the first time ever on Friday evening, staying until Sunday. What's the likelihood of there being some water throwing going on over the weekend? To be honest it looks quite good fun from those pictures. But is it fun in the same way that it usually is in Bangkok, or is it a bit more malicious and antisocial in Pattaya?

Be all over by 8pm on the 19th.

Be all over by 8pm on the 19th.

Aren't you the optimistic one today! :o

Another day at the front, another soi, i am sure some will recognise it more than others

Enjoy

Soi Short-time/Yodsak/6, there is supposed to be a library there somewhere, so I'm told :o

Edited by Phil Conners

Another day at the front, another soi, i am sure some will recognise it more than others

Enjoy

Soi Short-time/Yodsak/6, there is supposed to be a library there somewhere, so I'm told :o

yep

Cant believe how tame it was compared to 7 and 8, only a few bars were active with water (most with real icy water tho) as shown by some of the normally clad lasses, 5:30pm came and all the bins were tipped out, not like 8pm at soi 8.

There were quieta few drive by's from the BIB taking the blue tube squirters, the back of their pickup was full to the brim with them around 300 i guess.