Sonkran Status In Pattaya

Phil Conners

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naklua was preparing for Songkran this morning, many stalls who sell powder, guns etc. along the road. However at 7 am there was still no action going on....a pity that I can't join today, but for sure I'll dive into Pattaya tomorrow :-)

I understand that Songkran can be a mess for people who like to do something serious, going to work, whatever. I tried to stay dry on my bike yesterday until 3 pm, but those plans were cancelled already around noon time, when I took a shortcut through Soi LK .... and that water was really COLD.

Have fun all and take care....

Naklua was preparing for Songkran this morning, many stalls who sell powder, guns etc. along the road. However at 7 am there was still no action going on....a pity that I can't join today, but for sure I'll dive into Pattaya tomorrow :-)

I understand that Songkran can be a mess for people who like to do something serious, going to work, whatever. I tried to stay dry on my bike yesterday until 3 pm, but those plans were cancelled already around noon time, when I took a shortcut through Soi LK .... and that water was really COLD.

Just back from paying the water bill at naklua soi nonprue, it was like a mad house all along sukhumvit rd and along soi nonprue, they have started early today 99% were thais too, lots of bangkok plated pickups with people coming down for a few days packed full of gear so it could be a wet weekend.

Just back from paying the water bill at naklua soi nonprue, it was like a mad house all along sukhumvit rd and along soi nonprue, they have started early today 99% were thais too, lots of bangkok plated pickups with people coming down for a few days packed full of gear so it could be a wet weekend.

just an observation

It appears to me that most Thai's have held back until today/tomorrow - so it's the falangs that mostly encourage/cause the mayhem before the official dates, perhaps the falang owned/rented bars should show some common sense and encourage people to wait until the official sonkran dates.....ok some people are going to question my observation and say there are many Thai's involved right now, my point is that they are connected to falang owned bars and are being pushed/encouraged to start early, soi 6 a fine example, most of the bars waiting for the official dates to begin

just an observation

It appears to me that most Thai's have held back until today/tomorrow - so it's the falangs that mostly encourage/cause the mayhem before the official dates, perhaps the falang owned/rented bars should show some common sense and encourage people to wait until the official sonkran dates.....ok some people are going to question my observation and say there are many Thai's involved right now, my point is that they are connected to falang owned bars and are being pushed/encouraged to start early, soi 6 a fine example, most of the bars waiting for the official dates to begin

doesnt reflect what i have seen out and about for the past few days

At 10pm Walking Street was still awash with "revelers", the first 100 mtr from Beach road I counted 8 "fortifications" each with 100 gallon water buckets and staff and customers having fun, enough to make me turn around and go home.

Apart from a few people around the buckets the street looked deserted.

Recommend you put your valuables in ziplock bags if you decide to go to Walking Street tonight.

Heard today from the police that the chief wants to patrol Walking st tomorrow at 6pm and close the bars and gogo's for the evening due to security alerts regarding those mad sod down south. blink. :o

I'm closed tomorrow anyway as we do every year but this will hurt others if true.

Edited by davethailand

bazmlb, great photos mate. I like the photo of the copper on the motocy and the another one walking behind him, both drenched. Thai smiles all around from everyone, all that fun in soi 7, well done. :o

bazmlb, great photos mate. I like the photo of the copper on the motocy and the another one walking behind him, both drenched. Thai smiles all around from everyone, all that fun in soi 7, well done. :o

Yes the police have been great, they just simle and take the squirters while they are being drenched, i could not imagine doing this with the police back in australia

Well, today is supposed to be the big day... and at 06:00am this morning there were already revellers playing Songkran along Sukhumvit road.

:o

When will it start in the town? Now it is 9 am and I am thinking of going out now - with my watergun.....

Well, today is supposed to be the big day... and at 06:00am this morning there were already revellers playing Songkran along Sukhumvit road.

When will it start in the town? Now it is 9 am and I am thinking of going out now - with my watergun.....

3rd road, 2nd rd, pattaya tai, all the thais have been at it since 8am just got back and its insane out there

couldnt even get 20 feet out of my soi before they were spraying

heres another from yesterday, ok two , more comming later today

Edited by bazmlb

3rd road, 2nd rd, pattaya tai, all the thais have been at it since 8am just got back and its insane out there

couldnt even get 20 feet out of my soi before they were spraying

heres another from yesterday, ok two , more comming later today

OK....think it's time to load the gun (won't be the last time today :D ) Let's go...

Well, well,well. Just back from Thepprasit road. Its was totally grid locked. 3 lanes of traffic going down it and 1 coming up.

There were DIY sleeping policemen over the road which forced all drivers to stop and get a soaking plus the powder on the face.

For most part it was all good natured... did notice one falang with his own water tanker letting rip...plonker! :o

Wish I had a camera with me. One policeman at the top of Thepprasit totally wet and covered with powder. lol

"Point and shoot" camera in a marine housing.

Saw a guy on second road with a DSLR with a 50,000 baht lens attached, and no protection! That particular lens is meant to be waterproof; but no way would I take my good gear out on a day like today.

just been reading on another forum that apparantly there was a big fight in the soi 8 area this afternoon involving a large number of Thais and farangs, anyone know??

personaly i haven't left my house all day.

I stayed at the corner Soi 8 / Beachroad all afternoon, later, after 5 pm in Soi 8 and I noticed nothing, just pure fun....

just been reading on another forum that apparantly there was a big fight in the soi 8 area this afternoon involving a large number of Thais and farangs, anyone know??

I stayed at the corner Soi 8 / Beachroad all afternoon, later, after 5 pm in Soi 8 and I noticed nothing, just pure fun....

I was right in the heart of the beach road action and saw only a great time for all the folks, it was full force mayhem.

Glad it is over, a week of getting wet is enough for one year.

I saw a couple of thai guys fighting a few times walking along beach rd, not sure what it was over, there were a couple of these going on

did see an incident in walking st, around 15 thai guys, upset some guys gf and she was into them, beer bottle hit me in the leg, not a policeman in sight

Glad it is over,

From your keyboard to God's ears.

God is, however not living here, so I am happy to share the emotion with the locals, and I think it is a very special part of the Buddhist religion (...maybe too much in Pattaya) but as long as people enjoy it, there is nothing wrong about it, except for the stupid farangs with the big blue water canons.

Happy New Year to all of you :o