PM Prayut: Being cooperative will help get things back to normal quickly

webfact

PM: Being cooperative will help get things back to normal quickly

7d1dd21610b385b48a7ea682b2970e73_small.jpg

BANGKOK(NNT)-The Prime Minister has followed the latest COVID-19 report at Government House by asking the public to strictly follow the measures to protect themselves, and not to waste the time of the hard-working dedicated medical staff.

General Prayut Chan-o-cha, followed the latest COVID-19 report and continues to monitor the outbreak situation. He also showed his appreciation of the public’s cooperation in following the regulations and understanding the need to postpone the celebration of Songkran. No recent violation of the safety of the public regarding COVID-19 was found. The PM is satisfied with the decreased number of infections during the lockdown. He also pointed out that during this Songkran period, many families should find an appropriate and safe way to pay their respects to the elderly.

The PM added that without the good cooperation of the citizens now, we may never be able to live like we used to again. We must all continue to do our part to alleviate the present situation, which will help support hard-working staff and not waste their dedication to the well being of all of us.

After visits to the state quarantine facility and the curfew checkpoint, the PM was informed about the needs of the public and the difficulties of the officials’ work. Information gained in the visits has been brought to the attention of officials and some difficulties have already been cleared up.

Source: http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG200412201042976

nnt.jpg

I feel I must live in an alternate reality someday. Apart from the lack of water splashing, life seems to be continuing exactly as it would every other day. Roads are busy, markets full, all the local shops are open...and I can still buy beer at any time of my choosing. 

This has led me to one conclusion. Covid 19 just doesn't like Thailand.. It's just too dam hot for the virus. So whilst prayut can bask in the glow of his own self adulation,  I am happy to bask in the glow of the sun and my proximity to the equator and be thankful for its protective properties. 

Just hope the rainy season doesn't start for a few more months, although many farmers are desperate for it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

normal air and noise pollution.

the air pollution is definitely not heeding the order to self-isolate.   it keeps coming and coming

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, rumak said:
7 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

normal air and noise pollution.

the air pollution is definitely not heeding the order to self-isolate.   it keeps coming and coming

It's been in the low to mid moderate and even one entire hour of "good/green" (RTAQI) as opposed to it's pre-curfew/lockdown quiescent high moderate to "unhealthy sensitive groups /Orange". There is (as you say) no self-isolation of Bangkok air pollution. It's up to us to isolate from it as best we can.

7 minutes ago, MaxYakov said:

It's been in the low to mid moderate and even one entire hour of "good/green" (RTAQI) as opposed to it's pre-curfew/lockdown quiescent high moderate to "unhealthy sensitive groups /Orange". There is (as you say) no self-isolation of Bangkok air pollution. It's up to us to isolate from it as best we can.

Chiangmai area.... and a lot of the North       day after day after day

153US AQI

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM added that without the good cooperation of the citizens now, we may never be able to live like we used to again.

Sky news this morning was predicting -25% growth if nothing back to normal by the summer. There comes a time when you may be asked to live as you used to before with the virus anyway purely to get the economy going and fund the governments pot holes

14 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Thai citizens and visitors can't wait for the return of the normal of hordes of tourists, 60 road deaths a day and the normal air and noise pollution.

What a great idea.  Let's keep the lock-downs.  Think of all the people that could be saved from a violent death on Thai roads.  Good idea. Who want's "normal" to come back.

• Haha 1

Welcome to the 'bait' part of the 'bait and switch' scam.

Wait for the switch when he has what he wants - you on a hook. I'll bet there are some large brown envelopes involved, All with the utmost integrity.. obviously. I'll bet a certain Thai recently returned from Australia features in this...

4 hours ago, connda said:

What a great idea.  Let's keep the lock-downs.  Think of all the people that could be saved from a violent death on Thai roads.  Good idea. Who want's "normal" to come back.

Exactly, living a "normal life" is too dangerous, let's just stay at home forever.