Lost Passport!

Have lost my passport - from memory have around one month to run on the last leg of a 12 nonth Non immigrant B type visa.

Does anyone know what the embassy (Australia) will do regarding my visa when they issue me with a new passport?

Since your visa is issued by Thailand, I think you mean what will Thailand do with your new passport, issued by Australia.

Off to immigration immediately, explain the situation, bring any documents you might have, including airline ticket copies, entry dates if a credit card bill clues you, or any other way you can show when you entered and what your visa status was with Thailand. If you go to the same immigration office, they should have your records.

If not, perhaps the computer is up to speed.

They should issue you what you need to stay in Thailand, at worst, a ten day extention allowing a visa run.

And most importantly, report the loss to the police and take the receipt to the Australian Embassy. See if you can locate your last airticket or boarding pass for your last entry into Thailand. PTE is very right. Your Thai visa has nothing to do with Australia. A tip for the future :- ALWAYS keep photocopies of your TM Card ( that's the arrival card stapled into your passport ) and every page of the passport.

Excellent advice from Dr Patpong and proThaiExpat.

This case highlights the importance of keeping photocopies of all your important documents, including passport and visa stamps.

Good luck with the authorities, Carlton.

When I lost my British Passport in India,

The Embassy in Delhi wanted to see my Birth Certificate

which was in my Safe Deposit Box in Bangkok.

The solution was for my Brother in UK to obtain a New Birth Certificate

from the Registrar of Births, Marriages & Deaths.

Carlton - please keep us posted with your Experience.

I think that Immigration will readily stamp your New Passport

with your Current leave by date - once they can trace your Records.

Roger