Thai nationals allowed to leave ?

MarkW123

Hi

i’ve heard anecdotally that Thai nationals are not allowed to leave the country as part of the measures put in place in response to cope with 19.

Can anybody confirm this? If so, I’d be obliged if you could point me to the relevant authority by way of government website page et cetera

Thanks a lot in anticipation and cheers

M

Leaving as in "They are residents of another Country" and want to get back home, to their residence in the US, the UK, or wherever it may be?  Or just for travel to go on a visit.  Not sure of the answer on that one.  My ex who flew out on the 25th of March with our daughter had to show her permanent residence green card for the US as well as her Ohio Driver license at the airline counter.  it took them 36 hours to fly in a circuitous route just to get back to Chicago, before they could get flights to Columbus Ohio, and then once they landed in Ohio, they were put into a 14 day quarantine at there house.

Maybe there is more to your asking then I can think of, but I find nothing on Thai Nationals not being able to fly out if they have the right documents to go where they are trying to get too. 

This only pertains to entering the country as to what is needed.  I am not finding a

anything for exiting Thailand except what my embassy sent and I can not post that here.  Here is just a short blip.

"U.S. citizens should prepare for the strong possibility that in the near future there will no longer be commercial flights departing Thailand with connections to the United States.  At present, only one or two such flights depart Bangkok per day, a number expected to soon decrease even further. We strongly advise temporary visitors in Thailand to make commercial arrangements for immediate return to the United States while there is still an opportunity.   

When booking a flight out of Thailand we urge you to do so at the earliest opportunity, ideally within the next several days.  If you have booked a flight after this time period, you should consider rebooking for an earlier date or make plans to stay in Thailand indefinitely.

The following major airports are closed: Phuket International Airport (April 10-30), Koh Samui Airport (April 7-30)."

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/CAAT-Notification-on-Guideline-for-the-Prevention-of-COVID-19-for-Air-Operators-_-06-APR-2020-1.pdf

2 hours ago, MarkW123 said:

i’ve heard anecdotally that Thai nationals are not allowed to leave the country as part of the measures put in place in response to cope with 19.

Can anybody confirm this? If so, I’d be obliged if you could point me to the relevant authority by way of government website page et cetera

There has been no announcement by any Thai government agency prohibiting Thai nationals from leaving Thailand.

The government has urged Thai people to pay not attention to unfounded rumours and and has, in fact, announced penalties for spreading fake news.

In Thailand, a state-of-emergency decree passed in late March criminalised sharing misinformation online about Covid-19 that could "instigate fear".

Source: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/coronavirus-asia-cracks-down-on-virus-fake-news