Trump says he is halting World Health Organization funding over handling of coronavirus

webfact

18 minutes ago, dundas said:

The developed world's worst response to the virus, by far. So as Trump will never accept responsibility for anything that goes wrong, he has to shift the blame. The broader question (as exemplified in this discussion) is: why do so many Americans support a three year old who speaks in word salad, who has regular temper tantrums and who of course knows better than everyone else? 

If you want an honest answer, it is because that 3 year old is the only one who saying that the grand experiment of globalization is a failure, and offering an alternative. Biden certainly isn't going to offer anything different from what the people already know they don't want.

Trump is a psycopath and a demagogue, but I get tired at the people who don't understand why his message is so popular. Demagogues can only rise in a society when the ruling class ignores an issue serious enough to allow it.

If the Democrats would put up a candidate for real change, and not someone who just offers more status quo, then Trump might go away. Wishful thinking on my part, I know. But it seems the Democrats are doing everything possible to make sure Trump gets 4 more years.

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

They are the real problem trump is only the symptom. 

Wait. Are you honestly saying voters who don't agree with globalization are the real problem? Just out of curiosity, do you consider everyone who disagrees with your opinion a problem, or only certain people?

The real problem is that nobody other than Trump is addressing the elephant in the room. If someone else would take up that mantle, we wouldn't be stuck with him.

54 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Why do you think government is under any obligation to "take care of" its own citizens. In the US, we leave that up to the individual. Government does too much already.

Such as ignoring health bulletins, and allowing increase spread of virus 

• Like 1

I have just read that the great and powerful has insisted his signature be printed on the relief cheques, he does not have signing authorisation, so has to printed on the side of the cheque.

I wonder how long before some person makes a copy of one of the cheques, mass produces it in runs, serates for separation them and finds another use for the print onto something useful.

18 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I have just read that the great and powerful has insisted his signature be printed on the relief cheques, he does not have signing authorisation, so has to printed on the side of the cheque.

I wonder how long before some person makes a copy of one of the cheques, mass produces it in runs, serates for separation them and finds another use for the print onto something useful.

I laughed when I heard that. I guess it's as silly as Pelosi having her name printed on impeachment pens.  I got my $2,400 today. Think it is the first time the government ever gave me anything. Other than the fact they were simply returning to me what was mine to begin with.

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes the ego of some is amazing on both sides of the camp.

I would have thought that having ones name on them, when not an authorised person to sign, would be seen in a way of self promotion (electioneering) especially in an election year.

Is he trying to make it look like it comes directly from him personally? 

Seems likely. Maybe they can impeach him for it. Either way it is truly funny. I am outraged. ???? Also he didn't sign his name is in the memo only.

Edited by Cryingdick

8 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Seems likely. Maybe they can impeach him for it. Either way it is truly funny. I am outraged. ???? Also he didn't sign his name is in the memo only.

trump did request to sign his name on the cheques, but was refused because he is not an authorised signatory as:

Treasury Directive 16-23 dictates that the Chief Disbursing Officer, or a disbursing officer “under her control or supervision,” can sign these checks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes it is one of them, and never heard that slang term.

It's a term used by the English-I first heard it in London a lifetime ago...

To return to the topic-I would assume that "supporters" covers the entire spectrum-the hard core libertarian right occupying a fairly extreme (but not the most extreme) position.

EDIT: And for what it is worth the definition fits at least some supporters, some of whom can be seen to post on here.  Perhaps I was referring to only a certain proportion of supporters?

It looks like "a certain proportion of supporters" from the other side of the political divide who post on here are "cultists" as well. 

Therefore, please stop with these "cultist" insinuations, doesn't matter which side of the political divide a member is on, they are supporters, not cultists. 

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

Wait. Are you honestly saying voters who don't agree with globalization are the real problem? Just out of curiosity, do you consider everyone who disagrees with your opinion a problem, or only certain people?

The real problem is that nobody other than Trump is addressing the elephant in the room. If someone else would take up that mantle, we wouldn't be stuck with him.

If globalization was the only problem I have with trump you might be correct but.........

27 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

I read a report from a Treasury source, that  they were going to print it on the side of the cheques, and it was going to delay the distribution for a few days. 

10 hours ago, dundas said:

Twhy do so many Americans support a three year old who speaks in word salad, who has regular temper tantrums and who of course knows better than everyone else? 

For the same reason they will support a 78/9 year old who speaks imcomprehensably, who also has temper tantrums; because they hate their neighbors and they will listen to or read anything that gives them a justification for hating their neighbors. It makes them feel superior to others, when in fact they are laughingstocks. In fairness some people support a given candidate because they will make more money under one or the other, but mostly it's just mass stupidity.

On 4/15/2020 at 1:57 AM, Cryingdick said:

I wish other nations would stop engaging with the USA. Like many people living in Thailand wish their in laws would stop coming over. Time to cut foreign aid while we are at it. America is in crisis now and we need to put America first. 

This thread should be good for some chuckles.

Yep, 20.000 deaths and nearly 20 mill unemployed. yes Murrica first.

57 minutes ago, wabothai said:

Yep, 20.000 deaths and nearly 20 mill unemployed. yes Murrica first.

As of 15 April USA had 27,850 deaths and 633,000 confirmed cases from Covid-19. trump has done an excellent job of protecting the US population... trump Keeps on blaming WHO for insufficient caution with PRC statements concerning Covid, yet in the exact same timeline he was praising Xi for his efforts with managing Covid. talk about pot, kettle, black!

• Like 1

He really is an imbecile. 

The WHO is an organisation that advices on all diseases, not just Covid-19.

In a time of crisis, cutting off vital funds is just crazy. 

Besides does the world need a country run by an idiot.

Hey-ho USA's global reputation has just gone down the pan.

14 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

For the same reason they will support a 78/9 year old who speaks imcomprehensably, who also has temper tantrums; because they hate their neighbors and they will listen to or read anything that gives them a justification for hating their neighbors. It makes them feel superior to others, when in fact they are laughingstocks. In fairness some people support a given candidate because they will make more money under one or the other, but mostly it's just mass stupidity.

Agree. In my country and in the US, we suffer from the Murdoch Press, which a former politician in my country described as 'the politics of intolerance.' Trump has been aided, abetted and force-fed by Fox News. I hope that there'll be successful law suits for the misinformation that Fox spread in the early days of the virus. 

• Like 1