Trump approval rises, but more Americans support Biden for president

webfact

15 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Bottom line is that China failed and let a virus out of a laboratory.

As far as I know the above claim is s purely speculation. So far as I know to date there is not any empirical info to prove the case.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

As far as I know the above claim is s purely speculation. So far as I know to date there is not any empirical info to prove the case.

Plenty of evidence. A quick search and you will be on to it. It will require a read and jumps to other sources, but evidence is there and building. Now more plausible then wuhan market. Note : I do believe it was an accident and the research itself was not malicious.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, candide said:

In other words: crappy memes, vids and websites

No. You need to just stop man. I have issues with having to go dig up everything I have read for benefit of trying to prove a point in developing news stories just to avoid childish insults tossed in the air by you.

Now if you wish to play your typical games of insult feel free, but the evidence is there... it is not yet 100% provable but it seems more likely.

I am not here to defend the CCP. If you are fine, but don't dismiss with insult what you are unaware of because you do anything to support your own thoughts as being superior to all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

Plenty of evidence. A quick search and you will be on to it. It will require a read and jumps to other sources, but evidence is there and building. Now more plausible then wuhan market. Note : I do believe it was an accident and the research itself was not malicious.

That seems plausible, especially in China. But it's important to remember these days, that nothing is factual anymore. There are only narratives; some more factually supported than others.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Claims, but not proven. This AM I read  an article which talked to three main scenarios as to the source of Covid-19. The scientific consensus Covid is 'natural' after studying, for want of a better word, the architecture of the virus, not manufactured. Can't quickly relocate the link for you.

Thank you for your input

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

If you read into my very clear post you will see that the naming of all countries is not neccessary for the answer to be crystal clear. It works like this if I say ten less two.....must I explicity say eight? No of course not.

Pretty much the entire world...

And so tedious to have to list them all simply for your satisfaction. 

Chinese softpower has been delt a very serious blow. 

Even "friends" of China, if such countries exist, will sleep with one eye open....as it is very difficult to have any trust for a one party authoritarian state,  led by a President for life,  who let a bat research corona virus out by the mistake of improper use of safety precautions...

but we are talking about a place that allows defecation on city streets in the 21st century.

keep plugging away on the disinformation campaign!

I just want to be factual. Let’s end this by agreeing that few countries and not the whole world. 

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

That seems pausible, especially in China. But it's important to remember these days, that nothing is factual anymore. There are only narratives; some more factually supported than others.

No. Something IS factual for sure. This story and competing stories are developing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It was Pelosi that blocked remote voting. I mean that's something we've had the technology to do for twenty years, at least. That she blocked it means she's more interested in embarrassing her political foes than she is serving the American people. I am a Democrat. I have always been a Democrat. I'm not going to waste a minute playing grab ass with the opponent. I am only interested in wishing my party to be a hell of a lot better than it is. 

OK. Matters are moving so fast, so you may like to review the URL below which provides Pelosi's position as of 15 April.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/15/pelosi_people_think_we_can_do_congress_by_zoom_zoom_is_a_chinese_entity_weve_been_told_not_to_trust.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

I just want to be factual. Let’s end this by agreeing that few countries and not the whole world. 

Such is your opinion. Which is that only a few countries in this world, one or two, or three, hold China responsible for this outbreak. Is that your view? Just refreshing my memory on this post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

OK. Matters are moving so fast, so you may like to review the URL below which provides Pelosi's position as of 15 April.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/04/15/pelosi_people_think_we_can_do_congress_by_zoom_zoom_is_a_chinese_entity_weve_been_told_not_to_trust.html

These are the people that send the children of poor families off to war. Are they too afraid to set up a system where they can watch speakers from another room and stagger their entrances into the room to cast their votes? I'm not buying it. It's political grandstanding in the midst of a crisis. Oh, how I wish for a 3rd, or even a 4th party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

No. You need to just stop man. I have issues with having to go dig up everything I have read for benefit of trying to prove a point in developing news stories just to avoid childish insults tossed in the air by you.

Now if you wish to play your typical games of insult feel free, but the evidence is there... it is not yet 100% provable but it seems more likely.

I am not here to defend the CCP. If you are fine, but don't dismiss with insult what you are unaware of because you do anything to support your own thoughts as being superior to all. 

Here is one reliable source that contradicts your hypothesis, displayed in one of the most reputed scientific publication. Which scientific source is supporting your hypothesis?

"It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted7,11. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used19. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone20. Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2: (i) natural selection in an animal host before zoonotic transfer; and (ii) natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer. We also discuss whether selection during passage could have given rise to SARS-CoV-2."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

A more easy to read account here.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-not-human-made-lab-genetic-analysis-nature

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/15/2020 at 8:46 AM, KhunFred said:

Shocking stupidity on the part of my fellow Americans. Trump has destroyed whatever prestige that America had and now he is determined to make our reputation even worse. Not a good time to be American.

But do you think electing Joe Biden will do anything to restore American presitge?

I think it will weaken America's credibility even further than re-electing Trump, if that's possible.

49 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

But do you think electing Joe Biden will do anything to restore American presitge?

I think it will weaken America's credibility even further than re-electing Trump, if that's possible.

That depends. Is crazy and laughable better or worse than impotent and laughable?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

That's a very obscure section of the US Constitution that to my knowledge has never been used. The same section also allows for the president to force a conveneing of Congress and I'm not so sure that wouldn't be a good idea.  Congress has been absent for weeks and plan to be for weeks more. Pelosi blocked remote voting, so we have been effectively left without a government during a crisis. Trump's walking into the door Pelosi left open.

Speaking of leaving the door open! And I'm not criticizing you! 

Remember when biden offered Mr. Trump to  talk recently!

Wouldn't that make for a great round table in the oval office in front of the reporters and millions of Americans?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, candide said:

Here is one reliable source that contradicts your hypothesis, displayed in one of the most reputed scientific publication. Which scientific source is supporting your hypothesis?

"It is improbable that SARS-CoV-2 emerged through laboratory manipulation of a related SARS-CoV-like coronavirus. As noted above, the RBD of SARS-CoV-2 is optimized for binding to human ACE2 with an efficient solution different from those previously predicted7,11. Furthermore, if genetic manipulation had been performed, one of the several reverse-genetic systems available for betacoronaviruses would probably have been used19. However, the genetic data irrefutably show that SARS-CoV-2 is not derived from any previously used virus backbone20. Instead, we propose two scenarios that can plausibly explain the origin of SARS-CoV-2: (i) natural selection in an animal host before zoonotic transfer; and (ii) natural selection in humans following zoonotic transfer. We also discuss whether selection during passage could have given rise to SARS-CoV-2."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0820-9

A more easy to read account here.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-covid-19-not-human-made-lab-genetic-analysis-nature

It's not MY hypothesis. Look things up, come to your own judgement and believe accordingly. There are contradictory reports everywhere. Stop trying to win. You could just as easily find contradictory information but you wont post that as you are in a convincing game. You got skin in the game one side or the other?

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

You got skin in the game one side or the other?

Well, it DOES seem the posted interests of many here align quite well with the message from the Chinese communists. I'm sure it's just *coincidence*.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, candide said:

There are MANY apps for video conferencing etc. Neccessity will find solution by those of either party more interested in getting things done then grandstanding.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

It's not MY hypothesis. Look things up, come to your own judgement and believe accordingly. There are contradictory reports everywhere. Stop trying to win. You could just as easily find contradictory information but you wont post that as you are in a convincing game. You got skin in the game one side or the other?

I believe in publications made by scientists. And no (stop trying to project your own behaviour on mine) I did not find a publication made by scientists that contradicts the one I linked or proposes an alternative hypothesis. You didn't and another knowledgeable poster didn't either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Joe Biden is NOT the President, nor is he in Government, nor deserving of a seat at the table of decision  making, to advise, or give advice to the President. The guy is half brain dead by appearances and can offer nothing.

Joe Biden is NOT the President, nor is he in Government, nor deserving of a seat at the table of decision  making, to advise, or give advice to the President. The guy is half brain dead by appearances and can offer nothing.

I can't dispute what you said about biden , I respect your opinion as a patriot. Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. The scene,Oval office ,reporters, biden and Mr. Trump,kinda like a mini debate. Seeing that  biden imop is hiding behind his wife and the teleprompter,

I think most Americans want to see the alternative to Mr. Trump and what very little he has to offer, besides forget me not's .What does he have to lose!  

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2