1st Class Auto Insurance

Rdrokit

My car is now 6 years old. I know there is a limit on how old a car can be before the insurance companies no longer will issue you 1st class insurance. My recollection is it is 7 years. Am I correct? If I am correct it is time to start looking for a new car.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Some will issue First Class over their specified  full time, but restrict replacment of things like Air Con Pumps ,Power Steering motors, things the ware out over time. BKK Insurance that is.

It says in the PDS wear items are covered ?

Edited by Don Mega

Too technical for me, just they wont cover bits that ware out anyway from normal use, just body bits i suppose. We only use BKK Insurance so thats all i know. 

39 minutes ago, transam said:

Insurance covers engine ancillaries......?   ????.....Never heard of that...

No ones surprised.!

1 minute ago, pineapple01 said:

Too technical for me, just they wont cover bits that ware out anyway from normal use, just body bits i suppose. We only use BKK Insurance so thats all i know. 

No ones surprised.!

Ive had 1st class (new cars) with several companies and none of them cover wear items.... which company does...is it only Bkk Insurance ?

Edited by Don Mega
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

No ones surprised.!

Post here the companies that have done  so for you, so I can have a read...Thanks

1 minute ago, transam said:

Post here the companies that have done  so for you, so I can have a read...Thanks

Am wondering if the companies that cover things like air con pumps and power steering pumps also cover tyres and brake pads !!

• Haha 2

So.... back to the original question maybe? We were told that after our car gets older than 8 years (next renewal) we will only be able to get first class again if we do a respray - expensive, not necessary and depriving us of use for 10 days I believe. Don't ask me about the logic behind this. The guys that told us this also run a spray and repair shop, so maybe that's a clue.

We had second class insurance last year and of course that's when we had an accident.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cooked said:

So.... back to the original question maybe? We were told that after our car gets older than 8 years (next renewal) we will only be able to get first class again if we do a respray - expensive, not necessary and depriving us of use for 10 days I believe. Don't ask me about the logic behind this. The guys that told us this also run a spray and repair shop, so maybe that's a clue.

We had second class insurance last year and of course that's when we had an accident.

What did your insurance company say ?