Deaths not included in official death toll COVID19

Yinn

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

If transparent reporting was allowed in Thailand without the threat of long prison terms for fear of fake news or defamation, you may find Thai media reporting the same....

Guess we could all go and live in Germany. Somewhere nice like, say, Garmisch? Then you could say what you want.

4 hours ago, Mama Noodle said:

You do understand that the same thing is happening in Thailand, Right?

In the sense of nursing home deaths it's not. There are very few nursing homes here, fortunately. If you have first hand accounts of Thais suspiciously dying at home, not being testing for covid, then cremated, I'd be interested to hear it. Otherwise, its just heresay. 

Edited by DavisH

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Or the TAT is hushing up the figures to promote future tourism

I doubt that. Tourism is ruing for the next 2 years at least, as many nations will still have major problems at this time. Thailand should lock it borders for at least 2 years, reduce the spread of infection, and encourage domestic tourism. 

I see no evidence of Thais dying in their hundreds (or thousands) and it somehow being covered up by the government. 

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

I not care them. Same old guys hijack every thread I do. Sensitive guys. Ignore it.

Boring. 

but...i care about my family, friends. 

This country’s lie so much, make it dangerous.

It was just last month that Indonesia’s coronavirus cases stood at zero, with officials fiercely rejecting suggestions that infections were spreading undetected.

Weeks later, 78 fatalities have now been linked to the virus, the highest number in south-east Asia. Seven health workers are among those who have died.

link 

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/mar/26/indonesia-could-have-thousands-of-hidden-coronavirus-cases-study-says

This is what i find bizarre about the whole situation, 78 deaths in a population of 270 odd million, even if it was 10x that amount there would be no cause for alarm.

12 minutes ago, DavisH said:

In the sense of nursing home deaths it's not. There are very few nursing homes here, fortunately. If you have first hand accounts of Thais suspiciously dying at home, not being testing for covid, then cremated, I'd be interested to hear it. Otherwise, its just heresay. 

Thai homes ARE nursing homes, no "real" pensions for the masses here, the family do the taking care....

4 hours ago, Bagwain said:

Plenty of evidence coming out from Doctors & Nurses sying that basically any one dying of previous conditions that have exposure or "Maybe" have the C/V to be pronounce dead from C/V. It is the biggest economic con in history!! 

Have doctors had difficult decisions to make about cause of death, when an already very sick person tests positive for Covid 19 and dies - Yes.

is the right wing media machine trying to politicise this issue to put doubt into people’s minds about deaths because this doubt will benefit Trump. - yes

do some proper research into this please.

Edited by chessman

The currently reported death toll is very likely to be a big underestimation.

Already in Italy you can compare overall deaths in March 2019 and March 2020. The overall deaths in Northern Italy in March 2020 are much higher than overall deaths in March 2019 plus reported Covid 19 deaths.

Funerals in Jakarta jumped by 40% in March 2020. The small number of reported Covid -19 deaths in Indonesia cannot explain this jump.

during the swine flu pandemic of 2009/10 the ‘official’ total of deaths is much lower than most experts believe. Studies that looked at death data and patterns showed that the real number of deaths was likely several times higher than that official total.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkokhatter said:

This is what i find bizarre about the whole situation, 78 deaths in a population of 270 odd million, even if it was 10x that amount there would be no cause for alarm.

Don’t make the mistake of just looking at the Current numbers of deaths. Governments are not taking extreme measures because of the current numbers of deaths. They are responding to the potential of an infectious disease that is very contagious and could kill 1-2% of the people who get it. That’s potentially millions of people in Indonesia.

• Like 1

Italy and the Netherlands—showed an excess of deaths that was more than twice the official covid-19 tally for the same period. That discrepancy will surely be greater in poorer countries, which have less capacity for testing and treating patients. 

Giorgio Gori, the mayor of Bergamo, a northern town hit especially hard, has said that the official data are “the tip of the iceberg…too many victims are not included in the reports because they die at home.” 

Link....

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries?fsrc=newsletter&utm_campaign=the-economist-today&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=salesforce-marketing-cloud&utm_term=2020-04-16&utm_content=article-link-4

Edited by Yinn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By April 3rd, the latest date for which deaths from all causes are available, there had been around 7,000 excess deaths in England and Wales during the previous four weeks, covering the entire period of the outbreak. The revised covid death toll was 6,200—up from the 4,300 recorded in the health ministry’s daily data. This suggests that the true death toll was still about 10% higher than the revised covid tally.

Link 

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries?fsrc=newsletter&utm_campaign=the-economist-today&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_source=salesforce-marketing-cloud&utm_term=2020-04-16&utm_content=article-link-4

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

And given the testing they are doing in the UK you can extrapolate the death toll in Thailand is exponentially higher. 

No.

Impossible higher than UK.

RIP

28557BD1-4BC1-44EF-8D78-1669DBC441A4.thumb.jpeg.9144fc6c0592be3604bd896f893bf308.jpegCDB52862-1EAC-49BD-8B43-8441390BC1F5.thumb.jpeg.b94213d211b1486b91fc877ee5c2e4df.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

"Hospital space" yes. 

Critical ventilators, no. 

There are currently less than 1,000 COVID-19 patients in hospitals (many would not require ventilator).  There are about 10,000 ventilators available.

There are approximately 6,000 ICU beds in Thailand and approximately 10,000 ventilators that can
be used in the ICUs. The ventilators are divided into two groups 1) The highest-capacity ventilators that
can be used at a maximum level to support health care providers (4,000 devices), and 2) high-capacity
ventilators with advanced features and measurement systems to display various outputs (6,000 devices). 

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/news/news_no78_130463.pdf

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There are currently less than 1,000 COVID-19 patients in hospitals

That are reported and confirmed positive. 

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There are about 10,000 ventilators available.

The news media that can not be named says that this number is very much lower. 

14 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

There are currently less than 1,000 COVID-19 patients in hospitals (many would not require ventilator).  There are about 10,000 ventilators available.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/news/news_no78_130463.pdf

Thankyou for real information.

mama noodle imagine information 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Yinn said:

By April 3rd, the latest date for which deaths from all causes are available, there had been around 7,000 excess deaths in England and Wales during the previous four weeks, covering the entire period of the outbreak. The revised covid death toll was 6,200—up from the 4,300 recorded in the health ministry’s daily data. This suggests that the true death toll was still about 10% higher than the revised covid tally.

K. Yinn, if a person suddenly dies in the UK then there must be an extensive post mortem carried out, the coroner would require this in order to be able to pronounce the cause of death, I have no idea if it is possible for them to determine if the person had COVID post death, however, they would investigate the circumstances prior to the death, i.e. query if the person was showing symptoms etc. etc. and record it accordingly.

Unfortunately I have personal experience of death here in Thailand, plus I know of several sudden deaths of friends, who are indeed taken for a post mortem, the reports conclude that the cause of death was due to the heart and breathing stopped, no reason is given as to why this occurred if it is not obvious.

I have no doubt that the death rate in the UK, or elsewhere for that matter, is a little skewed, but as high as 10% is a hard figure to believe due to the formalities, very few deaths in the UK are recorded as unknown and the government have nothing to gain or lose by miss recording the cause.

We all realise. of course, that the daily published statistics in Thailand have already been favourably decided up to May 1st, in order for the Generals to open the country up, thus saving a sh#tload of baht .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

And still the poor countries of this peninsular, Lao, Cambodia, Burma, Lao and even Vietnam, are doing much better than Thailand regarding the pandemic, strange that..????

Thailand have more Chinese, Italy, France, German, Spain, Belgium, Spain, UK tourist. 

Unlucky because popular.

• Sad 1

So far, the number of official covid-19 deaths in the Netherlands has shown a much flatter trajectory than in other western European countries. On April 15th the tally stood at 3,100. However, this is because the national institute for public health, which publishes the daily figures, includes only people who have tested positive for the virus and died in hospital (often with a delay). By April 5th, the latest date for which the national statistical bureau has published data about deaths from all causes, there had been 4,000 excess deaths during the previous four weeks, covering the entire period of the outbreak. The official covid-19 tally at that point was 1,700. This suggests that the true toll was about 140% higher.

Link..

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Thailand have more Chinese, Italy, France, German, Spain, Belgium, Spain, UK tourist. 

Unlucky because popular.

So what....?

You posted Thailand has great medical stuff, yet, the countries around Thailand are poor with no problems. The first world countries are having problems even with their technology. So to me, in this peninsular, having much the same temperatures, should all be doing the same, Thailand is the odd one out...