covid 19 insurance and pre existing?

Wardp

5 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I applied via Roojai (Google them) yesterday - 850 Baht for 1 million Baht of cover

No questions were asked about pre existing conditions

Think that's about what was paid for us, and only covers the virus...

I got mine 3 weeks ago, 14 day waiting period, cost was 850 baht, wife did it with my passport. Thing is she was told yesterday it was no longer on offer when she enquired for a friend, it is 100,000 baht towards hospital fees but with a 1 million cover for death or severe complications/coma, we got it through Dhipaya insurance(Roojai)

30 minutes ago, transam said:

Think that's about what was paid for us, and only covers the virus...

I will need to leave and re enter when borders open again so I bought it just in case Immigration want to see insurance cover for Covid like they were asking for a few weeks ago

Might not be needed but for 850 Baht I thought it was worth it

32 minutes ago, tonray said:

It specifies coverage for $100,000 US not 100,000 baht

Interestingly enough...Thai government site says only required for certain foreigners"

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/ind_danger.php

Clipboard01.png.351b36f34984272db7a38e6ac685ace1.png

You are a bit off topic. The OP was asking about insurance cover for someone who is already in Thailand, not insurance to gain entry into Thailand. In any case you are quoting old expired information. The requirement to have a negative test for Covid 19 and insurance to enter the country was dropped to just a fit to fly certificate. That was then superseded by the ban on all flights into Thailand originally until 18 April now the 30. When international flights resume the new entry requirements will be published, but are unlikly to require the negative test and insurance in my opinion as in most western countries they are both nearly impossible to get.

36 minutes ago, seajae said:

I got mine 3 weeks ago, 14 day waiting period, cost was 850 baht, wife did it with my passport. Thing is she was told yesterday it was no longer on offer when she enquired for a friend, it is 100,000 baht towards hospital fees but with a 1 million cover for death or severe complications/coma, we got it through Dhipaya insurance(Roojai)

The insurance is still offered on Roojai's website.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tweedledee2 said:

The insurance is still offered on Roojai's website.

52 minutes ago, seajae said:

I think it worth reiterating what the cover is.  I got an email from Roojai, and initially thought it was wonderfull BUT

Cover of THB 1,000,000 is death benefit, not treatment

Inpatient cover is for THB 100,000 - so about two days' stay in a private hospital bed, without ICU costs.

May still be worth it for some, but not for me.

PH

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stewartthailand said:

Took out the cover via Roojai/tipsure 20 days ago and still awaiting documents! Tried phoning and just passed to a no answer phone!

waste of money

I brought my policy on Mar 27 and received my policy documents as an email PDF download on Mon. this week.

50 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I think it worth reiterating what the cover is.  I got an email from Roojai, and initially thought it was wonderfull BUT

Cover of THB 1,000,000 is death benefit, not treatment

Inpatient cover is for THB 100,000 - so about two days' stay in a private hospital bed, without ICU costs.

May still be worth it for some, but not for me.

PH

Your interpretation of the insurance coverage is not correct. Here are the actual details of the 850 baht 100,000/1,000,000 policy.

Coverage 100,000 baht**  Medical treatment from infections (Coronavirus (COVID-19)) both In-Patient-Department (IPD) and Out-Patient-Department (OPD) cases Maximum coverage for medical expenses 100,000 THB/year.

Coverage 1,000,000 baht*  Any illnesses such as coma, brain and nervous system damage or disorders, terminal illness, and or death, as a direct result of the Coronavirus, determined by a physician. Maximum coverage 1,000,000 THB 

38 minutes ago, PattayaKevin said:

Bought covid19 insurance from roojai on March 30. They said when I purchased i would get the documents in 14 days. Emailed them the other day, they said give them 14 days so they are wanting to postpone issuing the policy for a total of 28 days. Waste of money. 

Within minutes after I purchased my policy on Mar. 27, I received a conformation email from Roojai that included a transaction reference number. Within 2 days, I received an email that included my policy number. On Mon. 13th, I received my policy by PDF email. 

Roojai is only a broker for this insurance coverage as the policy in underwritten and issued by Dhipaya Insurance Co. 

On 4/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, stewartthailand said:

Took out the cover via Roojai/tipsure 20 days ago and still awaiting documents! Tried phoning and just passed to a no answer phone!

waste of money

Have you logged in to your Roojai online account to see if it is there?

PH