India or goa forum

crazyk

Interesting. Is there a large expat community in India/Goa? I had no idea. I know Goa is a popular tourist destination (particularly for Israelis after their service) but foreign residents?  Would be curious to know the numbers.

5 hours ago, Why Me said:

Interesting. Is there a large expat community in India/Goa? I had no idea. I know Goa is a popular tourist destination (particularly for Israelis after their service) but foreign residents?  Would be curious to know the numbers.

It used to be popular with foreign tourists starting with the hippies and overland brigade but these days caters more for domestic tourists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I go there frequently for medical matters, Calcutta only 2 hours away,Goa 4,damned cheap and excellent care   Goa around 20 years ago was hugely popular,many bought property ,but white skins were not wanted,made it virtually impossible to live there,still i did well,sold at twice the price,made a ton on the Indian stock market,bid a hasty retreat when the tax authorities took an interest in me

7 hours ago, izod10 said:

I go there frequently for medical matters, Calcutta only 2 hours away,Goa 4,damned cheap and excellent care   Goa around 20 years ago was hugely popular,many bought property ,but white skins were not wanted,made it virtually impossible to live there,still i did well,sold at twice the price,made a ton on the Indian stock market,bid a hasty retreat when the tax authorities took an interest in me

Goa to Kolkata 1740 km in 2 hours? You must be using military fighter.  Normal flight time is about 4hr 20m

9 hours ago, izod10 said:

enough ppl sneer at India but the average Indian outsmarts any Thai.

Never went to goa but spent about a year in the himachel pradesh( malana pulga vashist) and spent about year travelling north to south. As for outsmarting, maybe in booksmarts but there is a massive lack of common sense as far as I could see which borders on the insane. Take Varanasi as an example ... hoardes washing and brushing their teeth in the ganges near the burning ghats. Did'nt seem so smart to me as the river is full of floating dead bodies and people taking dumps in it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, toast1 said:

I remember when it was a quite little hippy hangout with nude beaches.
You could only get there on a long bus journey, but it was a little cheap paradise where one could smoke a chillum on the beach and chill. 

Oh, how times have changed.

Changed indeed.

The 1970s and the Hippie Trail when you could travel from Istanbul to Katmandu without dodging bullets or getting involved in civil unrest.

Gone are the days.

A post said "...white skins were not wanted" as Goa changed over the years.

Maybe so, but Eight Finger Eddy stayed on and lived out his long life there.

• Like 1

I visited India , and enjoyed Goa ,  so relaxing.. 

I never had sex with Indian lady .

I bought sex with thai lady ? ,  many times . 

Culture not same same..

• Like 1

The things regarding India,for me,are medical. Time after time I am amazed at costs here in Thailand,..not long ago quote 63000 T3 mri scan  here,6000 there,..me? 450,000 baht for prostate reduction,there $700,mole removal  and cancer screen  here quote of 63,000 baht there 148 baht    at least one tenth to one twentieth of Thailand's cost.

Yes have to get there,...price of £149 return Bombay,80 return Calcutta before shutdown    . Up the ass cancer scan,colonoscopy here 35000 to 45000 baht,there start 500 baht