no alcohol sales extended till 30th april

rickthailand

I have a beer every 2 days.  I will run out before April 30.  I severely miscalculated.  Today the high will around 40 C and I have been just advised electricity will shut down this afternoon for 3 hours.  Oh humanity.  

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Can be a good for people's health.

I doubt it will be good for the Gov.'s health ... 

Covid cases down, curfew violations down so let's extend alcohol ban to see if we can really anger the people.

Yet, down in Chonburi and BKK they want to open golf courses before May.

The province  governors are like lemmings one after the other.

Fail to see how continuing to ban alcohol is going to ease the problem,just add to the plight of the locals.

As mentioned,hardly any cases/deaths in Chiangmai, many countries starting to open up ,even the worst hit yet Thailand extends restrictions, is there something they are not telling us?

• Like 1

Dammit. I am going to have to start dipping into my liquor cabinet and consuming the Martini, Campari, Rum, Cognac, Grappa etc that was left over from the festive season. Fond memories of those carefree days. Before this whole imposed dry spell is over I might have to start a small distillation plant in my study. I hope the cop who lives in the mansion behind my modest property does not catch a whiff of my enterprise.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, deej said:

Perhaps 2hours ago purchased 6 botts  of Sang

Som at normal price 

Of course i am a valued regurlar customer????

... and a valuable addition to the community.  ????

It's a shame you're not in the Philippians.

I always wonder why people are so proud to crow about how they have broken the law and endangered their neighbors.

I don't wonder that they do it. I know there are selfish people everywhere.

I wonder why they need to crow about it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

33 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

... and a valuable addition to the community.  ????

It's a shame you're not in the Philippians.

I always wonder why people are so proud to crow about how they have broken the law and endangered their neig????hbors.

I don't wonder that they do it. I know there are selfish people everywhere.

I wonder why they need to crow about it.

Many thks for your Wowser

report and post

Crow Crow Crow????

14 hours ago, userabcd said:

Can be a good for people's health.

I just saw on the news that a number of Thai people have died who as alcoholics have not been able to get alcohol and had seizures and so forth. They most likely buy a bottle of lao khao daily as they don't have the money to stock up for 10-20 days. A friend of mine who used to drink 750 ml of vodka daily and was under a doctors care to ween off the vodka could not get out to a liquor store for a few days due to a fire below his house in the mountains and had a grand mal seizure. He fell and hit his head on a glass coffee table. He was unconscious for a few hours and suffered brain damage before he was found by the fire department and taken by helicopter and hospitalized.

15 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I just saw on the news that a number of Thai people have died who as alcoholics have not been able to get alcohol and had seizures and so forth. They most likely buy a bottle of lao khao daily as they don't have the money to stock up for 10-20 days. A friend of mine who used to drink 750 ml of vodka daily and was under a doctors care to ween off the vodka could not get out to a liquor store for a few days due to a fire below his house in the mountains and had a grand mal seizure. He fell and hit his head on a glass coffee table. He was unconscious for a few hours and suffered brain damage before he was found by the fire department and taken by helicopter and hospitalized.

Doubt it .true Alcoholic's drink themselves into oblivion and 750 mil from breakfast to bed would hardly give more than a buzz

You're buddy is holding back on the truth but that's what heavy drinkers do

An alcohol ban in Chiang Mai from April 10th through April 30?  This amount of time doesn't seem nearly long enough to do any good.

Typical drinking behavior is not conducive to maintaining proper social distancing behavior, which is crucial during this season of the virus.

These days, all the refrigerated display cases in shops are filled with nothing but soft drinks and juice of various colors and flavors.

I like the new look.

Maybe the ban on alcohol will be extended until July 1st, or maybe not.

We will just wait and see.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, madmen said:

Doubt it .true Alcoholic's drink themselves into oblivion and 750 mil from breakfast to bed would hardly give more than a buzz

You're buddy is holding back on the truth but that's what heavy drinkers do

It was around 15 years ago, I could be wrong on how much he used to drink.

I have noticed that all of the "thristy" types that are not happy about the ban do not bring up the fact that surely the ban on alcohol has reduced the number of drunk drivers on the road, which means less innocent victims....which at least cancels out the plight of the resident thai alcoholic who is forced to dry out for awhile in lieu of what probably should be a stint in rehab since they are even dealing with those withdrawal issues to start with.

Of course that would be common sense.....

44 minutes ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

I have noticed that all of the "thristy" types that are not happy about the ban do not bring up the fact that surely the ban on alcohol has reduced the number of drunk drivers on the road, which means less innocent victims....which at least cancels out the plight of the resident thai alcoholic who is forced to dry out for awhile in lieu of what probably should be a stint in rehab since they are even dealing with those withdrawal issues to start with.

I have noticed that all of the "hungry" types that are not happy about my proposed food ban do not bring up the fact that surely the ban on food would reduce the number of drivers on the road, which means less innocent victims....

1 hour ago, Tie Dye Samurai said:

Yes, only 638 injuries and 8 dead yesterday.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:21 AM, JohnBarleycorn said:

An alcohol ban in Chiang Mai from April 10th through April 30?  This amount of time doesn't seem nearly long enough to do any good.

Typical drinking behavior is not conducive to maintaining proper social distancing behavior, which is crucial during this season of the virus.

These days, all the refrigerated display cases in shops are filled with nothing but soft drinks and juice of various colors and flavors.

I like the new look.

Maybe the ban on alcohol will be extended until July 1st, or maybe not.

We will just wait and see.

<deleted>.  Ever thought of moving to North Korea?

• Thanks 2

One could assume that the alcohol ban is to discourage gatherings, but also help people "save money" in the same way that they suspended the lottery.

Since in the infinite wisdom of the authoritarians, taking away your livelihood should also mean you can't spend any of your own money that's left for fun. 

I imagine that if someone were to point out the shop that sold that other poster alcohol, they would face a stiff fine, but thankfully, as another thread shows, no one gives a hoot about snitching on someone for breaking the rules. 

What next? Ban the playing of music out loud? 

By the way, the idea of having saved lives by banning alcohol is a red herring argument. How about banning everything that is dangerous and can possibly lead to death, even accidental? No more cigarettes, no more bathtubs or showers (too slippery), no more cars to have accidents in, no more planes or trains or buses since they might crash, no more small candies to choke on, no more sugar in general to ward off diabetes and obesity...the list goes on and on. 

But wait, isn't that exactly what's happening now? Shutting down the earth for a virus that is becoming less scary as time goes by and the truth starts to come out. 

The term Chinese Fire Drill is taking on a whole new meaning.