Need a second hand car for Thai citizen for 140000 baht

Neole

6 hours ago, essox essox said:

the poster has no brain to think of doing this, has he ???

A bit hash lots of people need help with  motors as well as buying in Thailand, for that price you're get a good Toyota I know I sold one for that price. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, transam said:

For that sort of money I suppose means an oldish ride. The most reliable ride mechanically, I reckon, is a Toyota.

Really depends on particular car and expectation. Imo brands means very little... Always get amused when everyone say yota parts are plenty, yota parts are cheap... Got a yota with 4A 20v and another yota with 3SGT, could hunt parts in Siang Gong for days without success( used enignes are plenty but no point getting another set of worn looms, stripped threads and leaking gaskets ), also order gaskets from Toyota( through either official or experts ) usually takes >6 months wait queue and still won't get a reproduction.

Some Toyotas could be garage queen or jackstand king( my cars... ), our Celicas were nicknamed 'faff' in urbandictionary.com... Also expectation may vary, I know many drove loud knocking cars still think their car very reliable because flawless grocery getter and cold air, while me drive window rolled down would put car on jackstand in a split sec if heard anything slightly unusual. And without proper rebuild, yota powertrains could be most unreliable compared to others when pushed to limit - they are so tuned for mid-low cruising and never for leadfoot even 'performance' yota

I think Toyota was one of the earlier to put hot dipped panels earned some good reputation, but when talking 90s or later really very little difference between popular brands. Really buying used Toyota was some decision I often regret, very deeply. Bonus is they made me very good fabricator & avid machinist could do twisty turbo manifolds with ease ????

Edited by Coremouse
  • Sad 1

On 4/18/2020 at 9:08 AM, essox essox said:

the poster has no brain to think of doing this, has he ???

Isolation getting to you? 

Maybe the OP is doing an online search parallel to a search here. 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:17 PM, Lacessit said:

Agree, a Toyota Vios with about 100-120 K on the odometer could be in that price range.

The OP should try to find one being sold by a Westerner, IMO many Asians do not understand the relationship between regular maintenance and longevity.

A garage I intend to use for my swift showed an example of a swift with 80K on it. It appears to have never been serviced. Cost the owner 30K+ to fix it. But they also said that they have seen well maintained suzukis with 400-500K km on them on the same engine and gearbox. So even a  well maintained cvt can last many years. 

I sold my 2004 honda civic for 230K a year ago 250K km on the original engine and gearbox, no smoke. . Still in pretty good condition. Regret selling it; I should have sold the wife's swift instead. 

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2020 at 10:37 AM, 19DL86 said:
Neole

Please can I PM you with contact details for my friend, I just spoke to him. He lives in Khon Kaen province.

2009 Honda City 1.5 SV black, cream leather interior 114,500Km original, from new full service and receipts all at Honda until 4 years ago. After that serviced at garage. All new tyres Maxxis and Battery in last 6 months. Cam belt changed on major service at 100,000.  Can talk at 175,000Bt?

Thanks but sorry I already went for a car.

Neole

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I finally went for a 2019 Suzuki Ciaz 350000 baht 12000 miles under it.

I have very little idea about cars, I just buy and drive and this was suggested by the showroom to the buying lady. Anyone have any idea about this model?

4 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Give it a few weeks. If this lockdown continues, there will be  a lot of second hand cars coming  to market as people try/have to reduce their outgoings.

There will be deals to be had.

I recall the Thaitanic Money era. Many just hid their financed purchases, so many did so nothing much happened to them by way of reprisals .They just resumed payments when the money came in again.

42 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Give it a few weeks. If this lockdown continues, there will be  a lot of second hand cars coming  to market as people try/have to reduce their outgoings.

But not many have a blue book to do it when on finance...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neole said:

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I finally went for a 2019 Suzuki Ciaz 350000 baht 12000 miles under it.

I have very little idea about cars, I just buy and drive and this was suggested by the showroom to the buying lady. Anyone have any idea about this model?

The Ciaz is okay, not the best drive for me, better to buy a Mazda 2 as they hold the road better an is a nicer drive.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, transam said:

But not many have a blue book to do it when on finance...

ah, yes.

I have noticed a price drop on Facebook marketplace already for vehicles..  also saw a bunch of guys trying to sell for amounts and pass on the finance, lol.

but for the finance, I would assume that auctions might be having a field trip with these.

sometimes I wish I lived closer to the city so I could attend auctions as I have seen the deal that can sometimes be had (people buying motorbikes and selling them 10k more a few days later)

but I'm sure they are possibly not running them (or just online).

4 hours ago, kekalot said:

ah, yes.

I have noticed a price drop on Facebook marketplace already for vehicles..  also saw a bunch of guys trying to sell for amounts and pass on the finance, lol.

but for the finance, I would assume that auctions might be having a field trip with these.

sometimes I wish I lived closer to the city so I could attend auctions as I have seen the deal that can sometimes be had (people buying motorbikes and selling them 10k more a few days later)

but I'm sure they are possibly not running them (or just online).

Facebook, say no more. The Financial Times for the Motor Trade. 

22 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

The Ciaz is okay, not the best drive for me, better to buy a Mazda 2 as they hold the road better an is a nicer drive.

The ciaz is huge inside compared to the m2. The ciaz also seems to depreciate much faster than a swift so they are good value second hand. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, phetphet said:

Could also happen with new cars also. maybe more discounts and freebies thrown in. Give it a few months and dealers will be feeling the pinch.