Thailand's Covid-19 mortality rate among lowest in the world

rooster59

19 minutes ago, DavisH said:

100,000+ tests isn't 'few'. Especially when most tests are negative!!! You do realise the tests aren't random? So doubling the tests will not double the number of positive cases. 

100,000 tests in a country of 70,000,000. That's pretty low compared to many other countries and remember this is from the 'beginning'. Germany was 500,000 a week.

• Like 2

id like to believe the info from the gov and that theres a very low infection rate,why though?if you dont test you wont find infection,that seems quite obvious and all major health authorities and govs agree on that,so........their masters at WHO say testing is of paramount importance but we also see a few countries that are successful have performed many tests IE germany s korea taiwan etc.theres money to test here and also the gov can order the scamsters at the big private hospitals to test people for corona free.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, KhunKenAP said:

If you believe the statistics good job. Unfortunately, not many do. Wuhan just increased their numbers by 50%. How much should Thailand raise their numbers? I think true numbers would shock everyone.

The next numbers they need track are the number of people in Thailand that will be dying from starvation and other deceases associated with malnutrition. It will be a way higher than COVID even if they ever report the correct numbers and include all those "pneumonia" cases across Thailand.

The government, and not just Thailand, have used a "nuclear bomb" approach to kill this virus. The aftermath will be as bad as a nuclear winter and the effects will last for years.

Good new, TAT is still drinking their own "whatever" drug, announcing they project a 16 million figure for tourism this year.

The TAT stats are based on assumption, according to TAT Governor, that tourism basically resumes as normal in May. Fat chance of that happening. Try July/August at the earliest. Even if things returned to 'normal' according to the government, they'll likely have to mandate quarantine for all incoming visitors to avoid secondary infections, particularly given that so many current cases are said to be 'imported'.

Causes of death in Thailand: often recorded as "death by respiratory and circulatory system failure", not necessarily mentioning this was caused by a bullet to the head / falling off a building / hanging etc etc.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Why the comment that I acknowledge that finally? Now it´s time for you to answer some questions, but you will probably just make a catchy comment and a poor excuse to avoid them per usual.

Where and when have I posted that the economy does not suffer? (No need to acknowledge something that is common sense to know)

In what country is it not the governments actions that causes the economy to suffer during the actions taken to minimise the spread of a pandemic?

Why does it not make sense? Thailand has more closed and implemented harscher actions to curb the spread than many other western countries. That as well as favorable climate and that many people actually care about wearing masks as well as cleaning their hands.

Then why does Lao, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam have 4 deaths between them...?

47 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I do not 100 % believe the numbers. That out of the reason they might be false as well as there has been mistakes made and people that forget. However, I do not look down on what is presented until there is proof for them to be false. If Thailands number would be false, as long as people on Thai Visa has been trying to point that out without proof. Why is there not same result as in Italy, France, Spain and USA? You just can´t manipulate that amount of dead people.

So, you give every new situation the benefit of doubt. You will trust until a reason not to. For you, past experience does not matter. 

So, if you were walking through the plains of Africa and came upon a pack of lions, you would not change direction. You'd walk directly by them without fear. After all, there is no proof those particular lions are aggressive and will rip you apart. 

Ok

2 hours ago, Toany said:

It is relative to the amount of testing done.  The government has already stated that it cannot afford mass testing.

agree and yet they keep repeating the same BS..... can not compare apples and oranges, Thai numbers are misleading

“There have been 47 deaths from Covid-19 so far from 2,700 accumulated confirmed cases. The mortality rate in Thailand stands at 1.7 per cent, while the average global rate is at six per cent,”

9 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

There are exceptions though, Indonesia comes to mind. Temperatures/weather similar to those countries and Thailand, a median age that skews younger, and comparable transit infrastructure.

Brazil also comes to mind as a country with similar weather and attributes mentioned yet has 2170 deaths 10th highest in the world.

6 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

So, you give every new situation the benefit of doubt. You will trust until a reason not to. For you, past experience does not matter. 

So, if you were walking through the plains of Africa and came upon a pack of lions, you would not change direction. You'd walk directly by them without fear. After all, there is no proof those particular lions are aggressive and will rip you apart. 

Ok

Silly thing to compare! My answer would be. I f I already have come up on a pack of lions, they would long ago have detected my smell and it would be too late. I would already be aware of the result. In this particular case we are not.

43 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

All 4 of these countries have in common:

Young population

Very few elderly in institutions like nursing homes

Little to no use of mass transit

Extreme heat and sunshine

and except for VN, low population density.

and very low testing capacities/capabilities and thus, in my humble opinion, not reliable reports

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Why the comment that I acknowledge that finally? Now it´s time for you to answer some questions, but you will probably just make a catchy comment and a poor excuse to avoid them per usual.

Where and when have I posted that the economy does not suffer? (No need to acknowledge something that is common sense to know)

In what country is it not the governments actions that causes the economy to suffer during the actions taken to minimise the spread of a pandemic?

Why does it not make sense? Thailand has more closed and implemented harscher actions to curb the spread than many other western countries. That as well as favorable climate and that many people actually care about wearing masks as well as cleaning their hands.

Your posts are usually callous which other people seem to agree based on the replies I've seen. You were regularly banging on about the restrictions and lockdown, just look back at your posts, you realise that's the reason for the many free food queues of 100s of Thais daily.

As for governments, most have taken the wrong actions, not just Thailand.

As for it doesn't make sense, millions of Chinese visited here and no one got Corona and cases are still low. Thailand's testing has always been very low hence why they aren't releasing reliable figures

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your posts are usually callous which other people seem to agree based on the replies I've seen. You were regularly banging on about the restrictions and lockdown, just look back at your posts, you realise that's the reason for the many free food queues of 100s of Thais daily.

As for governments, most have taken the wrong actions, not just Thailand.

As for it doesn't make sense, millions of Chinese visited here and no one got Corona and cases are still low. Thailand's testing has always been very low hence why they aren't releasing reliable figures

I realize that is the reason. No problem! It´s in my opinion also the reason that the infections are at so low numbers.

This with all the talk about testing? Sure, they could test more. Anyway, do you not find it very peculiar that they would be able to hide all the deaths? Most don´t die in their homes. They feel the problem before and are put into hospitals. How can they just dismiss a couple of thousand deaths without anybody calling foul and hitting the panic button?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Brazil also comes to mind as a country with similar weather and attributes mentioned yet has 2170 deaths 10th highest in the world.

The number to look at when comparing countries is not the total deaths, rather deaths per million. Brazil's is only 10 per million, which quite low.

Neither does Brazil have a comparable climate. It's a very large country, with a tropical climate in the north ranging to a temperate climate in the south.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zikomat said:

I don’t think it is a proper time for congratulations and awards. We are still far from overcoming all the problems that this virus has brought upon us.

And again it is happening! Unbelievable! I was congratulating for doing a good work, for all the people they already saved and also hoped they keep it up.

Why is is my gratulation wrong?
Where did you read that we already have overcome the problems with the virus? 
Why would I ask them to keep up the good work if it was already done?

Although I don't believe there is an serious outbreak here, there is definitely an outbreak. Just not problematic. If you have conducted many tests and rolled out many antibody tests, than you can throw out these remarks.

Let's not kid ourselves, we all know the numbers are BS. Not a single soul believes them to be accurate. It's borderline cringy to give yourself compliments on something so meaningless. 

Do more tests, then we'll talk.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

And again it is happening! Unbelievable! I was congratulating for doing a good work, for all the people they already saved and also hoped they keep it up.

Why is is my gratulation wrong?
Where did you read that we already have overcome the problems with the virus? 
Why would I ask them to keep up the good work if it was already done?

We don’t know if certain human actions have led to these results and not some environmental or other factors. I personally witnessed the quite late reaction of the local government with the hordes of the Chinese still visiting Thailand in February. I think you are just trolling. 

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I realize that is the reason. No problem! It´s in my opinion also the reason that the infections are at so low numbers.

This with all the talk about testing? Sure, they could test more. Anyway, do you not find it very peculiar that they would be able to hide all the deaths? Most don´t die in their homes. They feel the problem before and are put into hospitals. How can they just dismiss a couple of thousand deaths without anybody calling foul and hitting the panic button?

it may all be legit and nothing on facebook about hospitals filling up with corona patients and morgues full, so it's a mystery, one day they may be able to explain it. Other countries also have lockdowns, restrictions, social distancing, isolation but have very high numbers

• Like 1

Some posts using insulting comments to other members have been removed as well as the inflammatory replies to the insulting posts. 

Please take note of the following forum rule:

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

I see. So if 2.7% deceased were male and 0.7% were female, I guess that the other 96.6% were katoeys, right?

As the OP is obviously a translation from an initially Thai-language report, I guess that what it means is that the mortality rate for males is 2.7% an 0.7% for females.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

it may all be legit and nothing on facebook about hospitals filling up with corona patients and morgues full, so it's a mystery, one day they may be able to explain it. Other countries also have lockdowns, restrictions, social distancing, isolation but have very high numbers

Yes! If you ask me if I am surprised? Sure, I will give you a big yes. However, I can not explain the high number of infections in some countries which are super high, and others that still have much more than Thailand. Neither can I find anything, like you also say, the can contribute to be seen as any kind of proof for the numbers presented being false or wrong. Actually I am also waiting for a cold shower and the panic to come if there were false and much higher real numbers suddenly appeared. That would be in line with much other stuff that is happening all the time. Although, I find it very difficult to see how they could hide all in this world with so many people and news outlets as well as social media.

• Like 2