Zoo animals are in ‘perfect condition’ officials say

rooster59

Zoo animals are in ‘perfect condition’ officials say

By The Phuket News

1587183402_1-org.jpg

Wildlife officials have confirmed that Phuket Zoo will file a formal request to close the tourist attraction, possibly only temporarily, blaming the economic situation caused by the COVID-19 fallout for the zoo’s inability to keep operating. Photo: Roma Neus / file

PHUKET: Wildlife officials have claimed that all animals at the beleaguered Phuket Zoo are in “perfect condition” following an inspection visit to the site yesterday (Apr 17).

Representatives from the Phuket Provincial Office of the Department of Livestock Development (DLD), Phuket Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office, Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre, Phuket wildlife officials and the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP) visited the zoo yesterday following complaints filed with police at the Natural Resources and Environmental Crime Division in Bangkok.

Of paticular concern was a tiger who had been cited as “worryingly thin”.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/zoo-animals-are-in-perfect-condition-officials-say-75747.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-04-18

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Have you been to Phuket Zoo recently?

Much better than it was ten years ago.  Hopefully the people complaining online will be accountable for publishing false and misleading information online.

lots of hypocrites visited the Dolphin Bay Show adjacent to the zoo, before all this madness. It’s modern and looks clean but should these animals be put on show and made to perform to make money?

4 hours ago, nikmar said:

very very dubious. Makes you wonder if any info coming from the authorities has any truth to it. EG low infection / mortality numbers.

Nope! I no longer wonder. All too often, I've seen with my own eyes.

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, nikmar said:

very very dubious. Makes you wonder if any info coming from the authorities has any truth to it. EG low infection / mortality numbers.

It looks like the Fake News Brigade is doing Fine spreading Fake News . and I thought that they were suppose to stop/prevent the Fake News . Hey what do I know.

Edited by digger70

On 4/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, mok199 said:

Apparently he can speak for the animals...

A latter day Dr Doolittle?

f we could talk to the animals, learn their languages
Maybe take an animal degree.
I'd study elephant and eagle, buffalo and beagle,
Alligator, guinea pig, and flea.

7 hours ago, LoS itaint said:

A latter day Dr Doolittle?

f we could talk to the animals, learn their languages
Maybe take an animal degree.
I'd study elephant and eagle, buffalo and beagle,
Alligator, guinea pig, and flea.

reminds me of the story about the animal whisperer...who stumbled upon an old batchelor farmer while out for a walk..,when the whispererer asked the farmer ''may I speak with your animals'' the old farmer said ''yes, but do not believe the sheep,they are a bunch of <delete> liers...