Stuck in Chiang Mai: Stranded foreign tourist spends SIX days at the airport

webfact

12 minutes ago, Letseng said:

No need to be stranded. Flights out of Bkk are flying with empty seats.

It depends whether you have the money or not...she has stated that she is waiting for money

Ah..the internet..

An extraordinary failure of imagination

Ditto intellect

Ditto empathy

Ditto knowledge

But an absolute triumph for superficiality,egoism,narcissism.appalling behaviour,lack of manners,schadenfreude and mysogony-especially as exhibited by white men.

• Like 1

"She had no money to buy another ticket as her friends could not make transactions because of the pandemic in their country"

That excuse quickly gets old. There have been no restrictions on money transfers whatsoever.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2020 at 10:23 AM, samsensam said:

...and who goes on holiday without the funds to support themselves?

She is a backpacker so probably left home to travel months ago.  You never travel with more money than you need for that leg of your journey and then get money sent to you as you go.  Back packing often involves many months away and many countries visited.  That's what I did back in the day although these days with credit cards it is easier to get money made available. 

However anyone with teenage kids knows that funding them on their adventures is perfectly normal along with worrying about their safety and if they are having enough to eat.  

When she started on her journey I suspect nobody had any idea of what was going to happen with this virus.

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

"She had no money to buy another ticket as her friends could not make transactions because of the pandemic in their country"

That excuse quickly gets old. There have been no restrictions on money transfers whatsoever.

Let me check here. No. No mention of "going to a bank to try and send money to someone stuck overseas" as one of the things that the average locked-down, "stay home, protect the NHS, save lives" out of work or furloughed Brit can do and not get a £60 Fixed Penalty Notice.

• to obtain basic necessities;
  • to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
  • to seek or give medical assistance;
  • to travel for the purposes of work where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work from the place where they are living; and
  • to avoid injury or illness or to escape harm.

31 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Let me check here. No. No mention of "going to a bank to try and send money to someone stuck overseas" as one of the things that the average locked-down, "stay home, protect the NHS, save lives" out of work or furloughed Brit can do and not get a £60 Fixed Penalty Notice.

• to obtain basic necessities;
  • to take exercise either alone or with other members of their household;
  • to seek or give medical assistance;
  • to travel for the purposes of work where it is not reasonably possible for that person to work from the place where they are living; and
  • to avoid injury or illness or to escape harm.

Well I'm admittedly not familiar with the state of banking in the UK, but I assumed that both SWIFT and Western Union transfers can be conducted online, from the safety of one's home.

In this particular case, I would think a Western Union transfer funded by credit card or direct debit would have been the easiest and quickest way to help a friend in need. I've used it before, albeit not from the UK.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:13 AM, Matzzon said:

Who in their right mind have missed all information, and arrives to a foreign country at a date that is this late into a global pandemic?

You are wrong, the women have been in Thailand for months, she arrived on a domestic flight. 

On 4/20/2020 at 10:34 PM, chrisandsu said:

So no moderator wants to splash this douche that would be too gutless to say it to a brits face ? If anyone mentions septics it gets taken down straight away . Either a bogan or a septic for sure . 

Indeed, as if there aren't poor unfortunates from various countries all over Thailand that are caught up in this, while look at the streets of the US etc etc. But Brit bashing par for the course on this site. Best to just ignore the envious numpties because they run off to the mods as soon as you give it back up em.

• Like 1