probleme with my BMW order

no deal

On 4/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, pineapple01 said:

In the US 95& of BMs are leased over 3 Years because of reliability and stuff. Unlike Honda and Toyota you can pick one up cheap.

no, the only reason is that people in US like to waste money and clearly don't know how to spend it the correct way !

• Confused 1

On 4/23/2020 at 7:50 PM, Logosone said:

Whilst everyone today makes very good cards, I'd still choose the German made Mercedes any day of the week, even if it is assembled by a Turkish or Afghan Gastarbeiter using a robot, for the simple reason that they will be supervised and quality controlled by a German system. I would trust Thai or any other systems considerably less.

So true ! whatever people who know nothing will say...

On 4/20/2020 at 7:30 PM, PattayaDavid said:

In Thailand, the year of the car is based on the date of manufacture; this is how it will appear in your Green book.  If you want to buy a car that will be registered as a 2020, it must be manufactured in 2020.  You could decline this car and opt for another if you're not in a hurry as there might be a waiting list.

Very interesting. You get details from a VIN number, including date and place of manufacture. By the way USA 2021 models of various cars will be on the roads soon, if some not already.  Pretty sure they are registered as 2021 models even if they rolled off the line late last year. Nobody would care, as long as it is the latest model!  2021 Spied in California.

https://www.motor1.com/news/408741/2021-bmw-m3-spy-video/

On 4/20/2020 at 5:30 PM, PattayaDavid said:

In Thailand, the year of the car is based on the date of manufacture; this is how it will appear in your Green book.  If you want to buy a car that will be registered as a 2020, it must be manufactured in 2020.

This is not strictly true, the BLUE book for the car does state the year of manufacture on the same page as all the details, i.e. VIN etc. however, the date of actual registration is on a different page and will be dated from when the car is registered to a proper set of number plates, Thais can drive around for years on red plates!

Unless you are very lucky, or order a bespoke spec (where possible, BMW & MB here tend to spec their vehicles up and sell them as are with very few options available) most vehicles sold by the main dealers will have been manufactured sometime before they are sold, this is normal practice in a lot of countries, a lot would depend on the brand, model type etc. as to how popular they are and therefore how quickly they move the stock.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:21 PM, no deal said:

the car come from Germany and is assembled in Thailand i understand that,but if the manufacture in thailand order the new car parts in Decembre, they can sell the new year car in March,any way the dealer give me  big discount and i take the new 2019 BMW ,

but i really like to get a 2020 car, a 6 month new car all ready loose valus.

Any car loses value as soon as you drive it out of the dealership.