probleme with my BMW order

no deal

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Where was it assembled, LOS or Germany or........

Is it a 2020 model..

In the UK, model years can start the year before....My Volvo did...

Remember in UK use to get good new car deals before August 1st with most people thinking the important's of a number plate. ????

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, no deal said:

i order in april a new BMW, today april 20 the dealer call me the car is there

So less than 3 weeks to have it ready?

Obviously a model from the inventory.

No way being shipped or and unlikely made to order.

Now you have to find out how old it actually is (in months)?

Has there been a new model release/upgrade compared to the car that has been supplied?

What parts would deteriorate in such a (short) time frame at an unused car?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

unlikely made to order

This refers to ordering a new BMW in Germany where each little detail of the car is individually put together from a large catalog of options.

When I bought my car (no BMW) in 2011 there was a choice of four main variants and a couple of colors.

And that was it.

43 minutes ago, no deal said:

i order in april a new BMW, today april 20 the dealer call me the car is there, i ask the vin number to check and this car is made in 2019! i dont want a 2019 car order in april 2020,what do you think?

What exactly did you order?

In May in 2018 I bought a new European motorcycle. It was manufactured in 2017 and the 2018 model had basically no changes. So no problem. And the dealer told me before I paid.

You should know what exactly you ordered. Something like "a new M3" is no sufficient answer.

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In May in 2018 I bought a new European motorcycle. It was manufactured in 2017 and the 2018 model had basically no changes. So no problem. And the dealer told me before I paid.

You should know what exactly you ordered. Something like "a new M3" is no sufficient answer.

Yes, my 1988 760 Volvo Estate was registered in I think October 1987, but it was the 1988 model, now the 1988 model went totally computerised and some body stuff was a bit different, my 1987 registered was 100% a 1988 model......Loved that car....????

• Like 1

In Thailand, the year of the car is based on the date of manufacture; this is how it will appear in your Green book.  If you want to buy a car that will be registered as a 2020, it must be manufactured in 2020.  You could decline this car and opt for another if you're not in a hurry as there might be a waiting list.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 11:40 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

i order a 2020 BMW i told the people i don't want a model 2019! but they try anyway!

10 minutes ago, transam said:

Why...Are the parts Thai made or are you saying the fitter/assemblers tools are different......?

stupid comment,the car is the same just need assembled ,or you may be right the tools and assembler are different...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, no deal said:

stupid comment,the car is the same just need assembled ,or you may be right the tools and assembler are different...

Stupid comment, well I am gasted and flabbered............????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

sit in 2 similar cars, same options, 1 imported and 1 locally made, then you understand.

that i understand,the all car is made in germany,but BMW adapte les models en fonction des pays,par exemple thailand drive not like in europe,and little think,but the car is made in germany and is good quality!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Happy to be corrected but it was understanding they are CKD builds but to qualify for local tax breaks there has to a percentage of local content (40% comes to mind).

possble,tires,battery and other,very possible,the last two car i buy last year was one honda jazz and one honda civic RS, i have problem whit tires and battery...

to make a end of that my car is in the front of my house and i am very happy whit,a car is a car , i all way replace my car every two years, so quality don't matter to me and my BMW come whit 3 years warranty so....you have a good day!

• Haha 1