probleme with my BMW order

no deal

My 2c are that the age of the production line is more important than the location. New production lines will always have some kinks to iron out for a while. Even with strict quality control, they will improve with time and there will be more experienced people on the line. That applies to both the assembly and production of any locally sourced items. For a brand/model which has been built or assembled in Thailand for years I see no issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sundown said:

This is so true. 

Last month I sat into a Thailand assembled X5 and...the steering wheel was on the right side! I mean dude, one also pays 70% on top of taxes and duties for these poorly assembled cars? Definitely not worth it. Better buy a Proton.

there is no 70% tax on a car assembled in thailand.

5 minutes ago, transam said:

For me personally, it would be a toss up between the two.............????

any way my wife is content she young and like BMW car ,me i have the 2016 honda jazz 40000km and that a good car,easy to park easy to drive,i don't like to show up!

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The idea that a BMW Built in Bavaria is more suitable to one person who's senses and tastes are so refined they can tell the difference is preposterous.

We had a guy at The hash once very proud of his German built BMW. We had to set him straight it was built by Turkish gastarbeiters.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, no deal said:

to make a end of that my car is in the front of my house and i am very happy whit,a car is a car , i all way replace my car every two years, so quality don't matter to me and my BMW come whit 3 years warranty so....you have a good day!

Enjoy your overpriced car till some uninsured looser ploughs into it

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, no deal said:

i look for the price of the car i just buy , in america 600000tb less!!! tan thailand

Yeah it’s crazy. The Honda S2000 was selling brand new in my country for $50,000. I bought mine 2nd hand for $9,000. I sold it for $12,500 before coming here and had planned to buy the same car here.. $60,000 for a used one here.. I now drive a Mitsubishi Spacewagon =(

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2020 at 8:21 AM, no deal said:

the car come from Germany and is assembled in Thailand i understand that,but if the manufacture in thailand order the new car parts in Decembre, they can sell the new year car in March,any way the dealer give me  big discount and i take the new 2019 BMW ,

but i really like to get a 2020 car, a 6 month new car all ready loose valus.

Just ask for an extra discount. The way things are right now you'll probably get it.

• Confused 1

On 4/22/2020 at 6:12 AM, no deal said:

to make a end of that my car is in the front of my house and i am very happy whit,a car is a car , i all way replace my car every two years, so quality don't matter to me and my BMW come whit 3 years warranty so....you have a good day!

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

I didn't read that he'd actually taken delivery and accepted the car.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Enjoy your overpriced car till some uninsured looser ploughs into it

Are you assuming  no deal is also an uninsured loser in his shiny new car ?

I'd reckon he/she has  1st class insurance and could not give a flying fig if he'she gets hit by a looser in and uninsured vehicle !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i get a big discount that why i get delivery i suppose to get a new 2020 car not a 2019,i told the dealer when i order i do not want a model 2019!

my civic was sold all ready,my wife was so happy and so sad when i start that,so i take the car ,when i order the car i try to get a discount, i can not , just get free staff,but everything change after i check the VIN number of the car before taking delivery! my new car is probably 3/4 month old and all ready and loose value,i ask 200.000tb discount, but i get less, i am happy now, everything ok!

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, petermik said:

Suzuki Swift is the way to go.....with special alloy wheels it makes it a real "fanny magnet" and a huge saving  :thumbsup:

Like my one? 2013 

P_20180314_180412.thumb.jpg.0496d78f67de3b74676f6c554626608c.jpg

• Haha 1

On 4/22/2020 at 6:28 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Reputations last a long time. 

A Thai friend bought his Merc ML, I asked why Merc, his answer that it was stronger and better than a Japanese car because the steel flexes more on the bodywork of the Japanese car, ergo the Merc is safer. 

Perhaps he was right, but his preconceptions were flawed and based on dated opinions. 

Is there really any difference in where a car is manufactured these days? I'm not so sure.

A Mercedes ML is almost guaranteed to be better than any Japanese car in the same class. I owned one until recently and it was a superb car. 

Having said that nobody produces bad cars anymore. I also owned a Renault Laguna and it was better in some ways than the spectacular VW Touareg 10 cylinder monster I had. Love Renault, Citroen look even better.

I'm now driving a Japanese car and amazed how good that car is. 

Even a Kia Stinger has a German putting it together.

I heard even the British Range Rover, previously notorious for shoddy workmanship is now a half way decent car.

Whilst everyone today makes very good cards, I'd still choose the German made Mercedes any day of the week, even if it is assembled by a Turkish or Afghan Gastarbeiter using a robot, for the simple reason that they will be supervised and quality controlled by a German system. I would trust Thai or any other systems considerably less.

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:04 PM, no deal said:

that i understand,the all car is made in germany,but BMW adapte les models en fonction des pays,par exemple thailand drive not like in europe,and little think,but the car is made in germany and is good quality!

What are you saying ? what is this language ?

On 4/21/2020 at 10:21 PM, pineapple01 said:

Acetia make most of the Robots. Dont suppose a Robot cares if hes in Germany or Thailand. Herman the German does the same as Old Nop. Looks forward to going Home.

Robots are checked by people and people who check are not the same in Germany and here...

On 4/22/2020 at 6:12 AM, no deal said:

BSI is 5 years ? do you really know what you are talking about ?

Anyway, someone changing his car every 2 years must really be a champion ❤️

On 4/22/2020 at 6:37 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Would that mean any BMW built or assembled outside of Dingolfing (Bravaria) not fit for the BMW name?

BMW’s are also assembled in the UK, Austria, China, USA etc etc etc.... 

The ‘local content quality’ is just a Thai bash - A UK, US, China, Thai made model of the same car would be indistinguishable*

*Thats an assumption - we’d need to line up the same model from different factories (different countries) and drive them for a few years to actually see if there is any difference. 

... said the guy proudly driving a mazda tin box ! hahahahaha

• Confused 1