Arriving at Chiang Mai airport - what should I expect?

islandguy

I hope to arrive into CNX on May 1 from DMK. The info I have is that I don’t need any physical documents upon arrival, but that I need to download and update info on a certain app. After that, I am free to leave to go into self isolation at my residence. And that there are still taxis operating. 

Does anybody have recent experience or actual knowledge about this? I will be at a residence I haven’t been registered at before, how does that figure into their requirements?

Thanks for any info or help.

34 minutes ago, islandguy said:

After that, I am free to leave to go into self isolation at my residence. And that there are still taxis operating. 

I doubt they will just let you hop into a taxi to your condo if you tell them that you rented one.

I didn't see a first hand report about this yet, but i assume it will work about like this:

You need a person who picks you up, confirms that you stay where you say you stay, and that they will buy food for you while you are in quarantine. They probably also want to have the number of the "poo yai baan", to inform him that you need to be monitored. The "poo yai baan" should also be asked before, because maybe he will be asked if he thinks that it's safe if you stay there.

In case you don't have such a person, you will probably be sent to one of the quarantine hotels.

Edited by jackdd

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

I doubt they will just let you hop into a taxi to your condo if you tell them that you rented one.

I didn't see a first hand report about this yet, but i assume it will work about like this:

You need a person who picks you up, confirms that you stay where you say you stay, and that they will buy food for you while you are in quarantine. They probably also want to have the number of the "poo yai baan", to inform him that you need to be monitored. The "poo yai baan" should also be asked before, because maybe he will be asked if he thinks that it's safe if you stay there.

In case you don't have such a person, you will probably be sent to one of the quarantine hotels.

Thanks for your reply. This sounds like some of the press release material the government has given out, so totally plausible. My information came from my wife calling the AOT office at Chiang Mai airport this morning. Hope someone weighs in with a first hand report. I would be going to a private house well outside of town.

17 hours ago, islandguy said:

Thanks for your reply. This sounds like some of the press release material the government has given out, so totally plausible. My information came from my wife calling the AOT office at Chiang Mai airport this morning. Hope someone weighs in with a first hand report. I would be going to a private house well outside of town.

So perhaps it might help (just my guess, nothing more) to have a copy of the Tabien Baan (household registration book) for the address your going to, and the phone number of the person who is nominated in that book as the 'house master'.

A friend flew back from the states in late March and he was put into a 14 day ban no one came and checked on him but he stayed in, girl friend picked up food and what ever. Now this was before the big crack down at the beginning of April the rules and checks may have changed.

My daughter flew in to CM on the 2nd. They made her download app in BKK. I picked her up. The airport was dead and still remains dead and she had no confrontation from anyone. Now self quarantine is over, but she did update to app everyday. No one came to my house, but she is also Thai and not a foreigner so they may be on you a little bit more about being inline with what they require, but I do not think you will be taken and quarantined. Also by May 1 they are saying things might get relaxed a bit for malls and such to open, so my suggestion is just come and don't worry about it. 

One question to you is, you're coming from DMK, but from before that where are you coming from?

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

So perhaps it might help (just my guess, nothing more) to have a copy of the Tabien Baan (household registration book) for the address your going to, and the phone number of the person who is nominated in that book as the 'house master'.

Sounds like s good idea. Owner is a Thai expat residing abroad, however.

3 hours ago, islandguy said:

Thanks HC. Origin is Surat.

At least it's not Phuket... I hope. I don't foresee any big problems as everything in CM is pretty cool going for the most part. FYI. Not the weather though. Hot as heck now with no rain relief in sight.

Good luck - don't worry.. 

Is there going to be a 14 day quarantine for CM after 1 May? I heard that those provinces without any new cases within past 14 days are going to be more relaxed. Whatever that means.

Some countries have implemented quarantine in a hotel managed by the government for people coming into the country from abroad. It's not home quarantine.