Four Arrested For Horrific Rape And Murder

taxexile

Another TV saber/cane/optical mouse rattling party.

One detail left out, but was in the Thai Rath/Kom Chad Luek/Daily News versions... the murder victim (the twin brother) was part of a local katoey gang of hooligans/con artists. It's not too difficult imagining that this was a situation that went out of control rather than something pre-meditated.

:o

I believe in this world that sometimes good people can do bad things and bad people can do good things. But NO good people will rape or gang rape!

This act can only be done by evils!

You are not trying to say they deserve or partly deserve this, are you, Heng?

One detail left out, but was in the Thai Rath/Kom Chad Luek/Daily News versions... the murder victim (the twin brother) was part of a local katoey gang of hooligans/con artists. It's not too difficult imagining that this was a situation that went out of control rather than something pre-meditated.

Yes they do need to be punished to the full extent of the law , but I imagine there are many more details which will not be brought to light even with a trial . Nothing mitigates the fact that rape and murder were committed .

It seems to be a worldwide trend to have incidents escalate to ( potentially ) lethal violence with no concern or thought of the consequences , especially with the youth.

You're are not trying to say that I am saying that, are you, Meemiathai? :D

I'm saying that in many cases, there would be fewer people at these TV "parties" if more details were known. How would folks react say if it came out that this was just two gangs going at it? Not quite the same as pulling some innocent kid off a public bus. Poor reporting is often to blame... but it must be said that some folks are awfully quick on the clicker around here as well.

:D

Please try to keep up :o I am not arguing that the preps of this crime should be at liberty, just that we need to be 100% sure they are the guilty before we execute them.

My point (for you saber-rattlers who are too busy frothing at the mouth to read) was that we do not currently have a system to establish guilt effectively beyond a question of doubt, therefore the death penalty is flawed and immoral.

Also, referring to any person, no matter how heinous their alleged crime as an 'animal' demeans you and animals IMHO.

Once you can show me a system that determines guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt I will reconsider my position on the death penalty. Until then I believe it is barbaric, flawed and more about some mis-guided sense of revenge than justice.

/But thanks for playing

Prior to Manote's arrest, police had nabbed Natacha, Ampol and Neung Khongcharoen, 22, and all four confessed to killing Por, disposing of his body to cover up the crime, gang-raping his sister and taking away minors aged under 18 from their parents for lewd acts, Ek said.

Maybe you should try to keep up. They confessed. In my opinion that makes them pretty guilty

I'm saying that in many cases, there would be fewer people at these TV "parties" if more details were known. How would folks react say if it came out that this was just two gangs going at it? Not quite the same as pulling some innocent kid off a public bus. Poor reporting is often to blame... but it must be said that some folks are awfully quick on the clicker around here as well.

Yes I am. :D You indeed are implying that even in your second post.

I do agree that in many cases TV members jump on something too quickly. BUT in this case, nothing justifies this act even if this was just two gangs going at it.

I do agree that in many cases TV members jump on something too quickly. BUT in this case, nothing justifies this act even if this was just two gangs going at it.

Then I should be the first to tell you that you misinterpreted. My personal reaction to the news was and still is indifference since I do not know all of the details involved. And you're the only one talking about justification. I'm talking about the reaction to the "news." I was saying I think it would be a much lonelier "angry mob" party on TV if it was gang violence (or any of a number of possibilities).

It's like the initial reaction to a recent shooting in New York by the NYPD. The initial story was 5 cops shooting 50 rounds at 3 unarmed men, killing the one about to be married in a few hours. It later came out that one of the men intentionally tried to hit one of the officers with his car and another said something along the lines of "go get my gun."

All I'm saying is there's often more to it.

:bah:

Then I should be the first to tell you that you misinterpreted. My personal reaction to the news was and still is indifference since I do not know all of the details involved. And you're the only one talking about justification. I'm talking about the reaction to the "news." I was saying I think it would be a much lonelier "angry mob" party on TV if it was gang violence (or any of a number of possibilities).

It's like the initial reaction to a recent shooting in New York by the NYPD. The initial story was 5 cops shooting 50 rounds at 3 unarmed men, killing the one about to be married in a few hours. It later came out that one of the men intentionally tried to hit one of the officers with his car and another said something along the lines of "go get my gun."

I've highlighted above your words that I was shocked by. - reinforces my opinion of you.

I've highlighted above your words that I was shocked by. - reinforces my opinion of you.

I can't imagine how much fun it would be to watch/read the news with you with all of the events going on in the world today.

And your opinion of me is...? And curiously, why do you even have an opinion of me?

What is wrong with this world we live in?

I just cannot believe someone would do this to anyone.

Where are the times that people care for eachother/

This whole world has become a freakin nightmare....

Alex

These people aren't the real evils! The real evils are those carrying ecstasies through airports! :o Judging from the punishment they might recieve.

Hope they get brutally murdered in jail! :D

What's wrong with ecstasy meemiathai? And how does it connect to this?

You should take some to understand term "empathy".

These people aren't the real evils! The real evils are those carrying ecstasies through airports! :D Judging from the punishment they might recieve.

Hope they get brutally murdered in jail! :D

What's wrong with ecstasy meemiathai? And how does it connect to this?

You should take some to understand term "empathy".

For me there is nothing wrong with ecstasy, sonnyJ. I even use them occasionally. But judging from the punishments they have in thailand, it seems carrying some ecstasies through airports is a more serious crime than murdering and raping people. :o Sorry, I am really angry about this!

You see, someone mentioned

Manote told reporters that he was given a life sentence in 1991 for murder, but it was later reduced to seven years by the Appeal Court.
, only if he had been carrying drugs, he would still be in a thai prison. But it was because he had comitted a less serious crime which is murder, he was out after 7 years! What a bloody joke! :D They(those bastards) will be out of jail after 10 years again this time unless police would plant some drugs in their pockets!

When I said "Hope they get brutally murdered in jail!", the "they" meant those bastards who murdered and raped.

Not those who were merely dealing with a few bloody ecstay tablets.

And how does it connect to this?
It is merely just a chance for me to point out an example of the illogicality of the punishing system here. Edited by meemiathai

During the re-enactment, Manote told reporters that he was given a life sentence in 1991 for murder, but it was later reduced to seven years by the Appeal Court.

Says it all;)

Reminds me of Belgian Marc Dutroux who was convicted paedophile and released early for "good conduct". He then built a secred cave, kidnapped and abused two young girls, was jailed for car theft or something similar whilst the two girls died in his cave from lack of food. Whe he was released he kidnapped two adult girls, raped them and killed them. He suposedly also killed his complice in the kidnappings. Then he kidnapped two youg girls again and the cops did at last their job, although he get denounced after the first kidnappings.

Judgement took 10 years, her managed toi escape once, supposedly they let him escape to kill him running in the woods, but a forest guard was faster than those who planned to kill him. He now sits a life sentence in a warm cell, well fed with TV and all he wishes.

I wished they would keep him a cell without food and water and let him rot, the time it takes for him to die, same he did to the girls. He should die at least 10 times for what he did to others.

Edited by tartempion