AirAsia set to resume domestic flights in Thailand on May 1

webfact

AirAsia set to resume domestic flights in Thailand on May 1

By THE NATION

800_1cc656d631786b6.jpg?v=1587345991

AirAsia is set to resume domestic flights in various Asian countries, commencing with Malaysia on April 29, followed by Thailand (May 1), the Philippines (May 1), India (May 4) and Indonesia (May 7), subject to government approval.

The resumption of services will initially start with key selected domestic routes, which will increase gradually to include international destinations once the situation improves and governments lift border and travel restrictions.

The flights are already open for booking via the Airasia.com website and mobile application. Passengers can use their credit accounts to redeem points for these flights.

Further details on more routes and flight schedules will be announced in the coming weeks, subject to approval from the authorities.

“We are very pleased to be able to fly again and to serve our guests starting with domestic routes, and hope to resume full operations as soon as possible,” president of Airlines Business at AirAsia Group Bo Lingam said. “We have undertaken a thorough review of our guest-handling

procedures both on the ground and onboard in light of the Covid-19 pandemic. We have been working closely with airport authorities to ensure that all the relevant precautionary measures are in place to ensure a safe, pleasant and comfortable journey for everyone.”

Passengers are advised to adhere to universally recommended protective precautionary measures, including wearing a face mask, social distancing and observing strict personal hygiene. The aircraft, which are fitted with hospital-standard High Efficiency Particulate Air filters, will also be thoroughly disinfected after each flight.

For any queries, contact support.airasia.com. Details of flights can be obtained at airasia.com/flightstatus.

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-21

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

They owe me for 4x cancelled flights.

Don't book with this company until they've sorted all the refunds/credit notes.

Where are the news stories "Air Asia still owe thousands of customers for cancelled flights"

Try some real journalism in place to the constant stream of 'puff pieces'.

good morning and thank you for calling air asia. hold please. 

You need to use the online assistant on airasiabig.com. I was able to sucessfully input my cancelled flights for refunds even though it may take a while to process. Calling any service  organization during the crisis is futile. Remember to log in with whatever email you used to book flight. 

Edited by tonray

1 hour ago, tonray said:

You need to use the online assistant on airasiabig.com. I was able to sucessfully input my cancelled flights for refunds even though it may take a while to process. Calling any service  organization during the crisis is futile. Remember to log in with whatever email you used to book flight. 

Did that 30 days back, before the 'online assistant' stopped working for 2-3 weeks.

Still no credit notes, from claims made a month back.

Well, maybe someone of #thaiairasia is reading this blog.

Yesterday they cancelled Udon-Bangkok on 28 May 2020 (PNR: WRRWGB) as well as Utapao-Udon on 30 May 2020 (PNR: W66SYQ) due to the current global health crisis of COVID-19 pandemic. Instead of a credit they offer to use the two sector flights at a later date OR crediting a "Thai Air Asia" account for future other flights - no refund of actual money though. 

The very same on #thailionair cancelling Udon-Bangkok on 31 March 2020 and Bangkok-Udon on 1 April 2020 (PNR: JYLQBS). Unlike Thai Air Asia though nothing else, no refund, rebooking or credit for future travels. No reply to email and forget about the telephone.

Welcome to Thailand - customer service at its very best along the entire horizon ???? 

Edited by Sydebolle

I have flown with Air Asia twice. There definetly will not be a 3 rd time, A very unprofessional airline who are always late with their flights and getting to contact them is nearly impossible, Thanks air asia but no thanks 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 5:10 AM, gk10002000 said:

So they think they can fly people between provinces and cities, but in Pattaya there are roadblocks and checkpoints between Pattaya and Jomtien, never mind other provinces

Nothing to stop you leaving Pattaya, and apparently major highways are open. Only issue is 2 weeks isolation at your destination I believe. More concerning is I was just reading a report from the USA of how so many flight attendant got sick and worry Air Asia can make it safe. Likely many people would like to get out to the provinces. 

14 hours ago, ubon farang said:

I have flown with Air Asia twice. There definetly will not be a 3 rd time, A very unprofessional airline who are always late with their flights and getting to contact them is nearly impossible, Thanks air asia but no thanks 

I have flown with them dozens and dozens of times to Cambodia, Burma,Bali, India over the past 10 years or so

i think once was late, an i got coupon for discount on next flight

it is what it is, an beats flying for high costs on other airlines..!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

I have flown with them dozens and dozens of times to Cambodia, Burma,Bali, India over the past 10 years or so

i think once was late, an i got coupon for discount on next flight

it is what it is, an beats flying for high costs on other airlines..!!

Really wel you must of been the lucky ones because i never got a coupon but anyway glad u did well out of them. I just dont feel safe flying with them sorry.