Shipping from Australia to Thailand

pgs

1) If this is in the wrong place, please move it.

2) Last thread I can find for this topic was 2014/15 - things change.

3) Real info (pref from experience), no flames.

Wife has a rapid form of dementia & wants to go home. Quite understandable.

Looking for a reliable shipping company to send a few (maybe 3) 30kg boxes of her stuff home.

Pack'n'Send, apart from being overpriced, want to go through the boxes before sending. Not thrilled with that idea.

Seven Seas Worldwide appear suitable - has anyone used them recently? If so, how was it? It appears they will deliver to the door.

Thanks,

Which company you use, check that you are aware before sending things back, that you may be liable for customs duties. 

I shipped a container of (3bedroom) household furniture, bed linen clothes, paintings, dinnerwear, kitchen equipment. I was liable for duty when it was being cleared, had to argue through agent, regarding the original amount.  The original amount asked seemed like an arbitrary figure, as all the goods were preowned.

Used a Thai agent from Brisbane to arrange it all.

I used SevenSeas just over 3 years ago. They charged a reasonable price and supplied six boxes and a lot of bubble wrap and tape. The staff were helpful, they instructed me to make sure it wat sent in the name of a Thai citizen and clearly marked as Used Household Goods. I also had to supply proof that my wife had lived outside of Thailand for at least 5 years.

My only criticism is that they took about 6 weeks longer than promised. Most of which time spent sitting in a depot in the south of england awaiting shipment 

On 4/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Which company you use, check that you are aware before sending things back, that you may be liable for customs duties. 

I shipped a container of (3bedroom) household furniture, bed linen clothes, paintings, dinnerware, kitchen equipment. I was liable for duty when it was being cleared, had to argue through agent, regarding the original amount.  The original amount asked seemed like an arbitrary figure, as all the goods were preowned.

Used a Thai agent from Brisbane to arrange it all.

This is only her things. As I understand it, locals can take/send their stuff home without being stung. I'm expecting it will just be clothes & a few household goods.

Thanks,

9 hours ago, Maybole said:

I used SevenSeas just over 3 years ago. They charged a reasonable price and supplied six boxes and a lot of bubble wrap and tape. The staff were helpful, they instructed me to make sure it was sent in the name of a Thai citizen and clearly marked as Used Household Goods. I also had to supply proof that my wife had lived outside of Thailand for at least 5 years.

My only criticism is that they took about 6 weeks longer than promised. Most of which time spent sitting in a depot in the south of England awaiting shipment 

Happily time is not an issue at present - no passenger flights for a while.

Thanks,

On 4/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, Retarded said:

Thailand is too small to contain Australia. Ship to Russia. 

Sorry, I missed the 'from'.

If we take the desert/arid areas & those areas owned by foreign entities, AU will fit in TH with room to spare.

I am having my stuff sent over from Oz soon and through all my research SevenSea's seemed best and that's who I will use. Some of my friends have already used them with great success.

The move cube's they offer are great for what I have to bring over but might be a little too big for what you need. Door to door is great.

Edited by Toshiba66