Neither an apologist nor malcontent

Rotweiler

24 minutes ago, rumak said:

As i (often) say  :  I admire your optimism    ????

When it comes to Thailand,  or the world,  changing for the better,  undoing much of what has

IMO gone wrong,   I am definitely not optimistic. 

Here is where I , in a moment of unshackled honesty,  admit that what (name unmentioned)

says about finding and enjoying what one can control ...... is the path that I follow.

That does include , in fact mostly represents.  tending to my own garden first.

Even on TV  i try not to bash,  Thailand nor TV members.   But I am not shy about commenting when something really bothers me.    That is when my good friend Charlie sometimes calls  55

Look, every country needs time to develop, of course.

Think what Chiang Mai would have looked like only 20 years ago. Things can change for the better.

Enjoy your garden and helping society at large are not mutually exclusive.

Constructive criticism, if true, is not "bashing". It's helping. Indeed when something really bothers you you should comment.

Well the terrible air, the poor driving, the abandoned dogs, this really bothers me. Because it affects my quality of life, which is otherwise unbelievably good, that is precisely why these things are such issues.

8 minutes ago, misterjames said:

Oh god lol ???? some people really take this seriously don't they?

man,   you mess with Yinn and you gonna have big problem with Rumak !

hey !.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Constructive criticism, if true, is not "bashing".

i agree !         just find that not giving it nowadays makes me lots more friends  ????

Thais .....  or Farangs          

13 minutes ago, seajae said:

"Australia reject my visa. They give the visa to sex worker." Actually to get a visa to Australia  you have to be able to show that you have a full time job in Thailand(requires a letter from your employer), you have money in the bank to support your trip

Full time troll obviously doesn't cut it

10 minutes ago, seajae said:

"Australia reject my visa. They give the visa to sex worker." Actually to get a visa to Australia  you have to be able to show that you have a full time job in Thailand(requires a letter from your employer), you have money in the bank to support your trip, you have to have ties to Thailand(family, husband, kids etc), a sex worker wont get a visa unless she can show these so she must have had full time employment  apart from sex work and had enough money, ties  etc. They wouldnt reject your visa unless they had a good reason, you must not have been able to meet the requirements or they thought you may do a runner once you get there and not return

I finish uni. Want to go before I get full time job.

If have full time job, no time.

3 weeks, visit my friend, take a look. Embassy make me go to Bangkok, do many document, pay for three month visa and reject, no refund. 

You guys complain about thai immigration, give you free visa, no document.

And sex workers go Australia sure. No problem. Stupid embassy. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rumak said:

You are right.   I don't think you remember but I was  the ONLY  one who turned down

a "nomination".     

Not true, I nominate @seangd, 473geo, ortonroad.

Also Britman2 and Robblock (They not like me) 55555

@Orton Rd Pm me this week. Say he not like TVF now. i disappointed about that. He high knowledge good guy. Music

@Dumbastheycome about two week again same same. Hope they return. 

Also where @Nyezhov. Hope not die covid.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Yinn said:

3 weeks, visit my friend, take a look. Embassy make me go to Bangkok, do many document, pay for three month visa and reject, no refund. 

So apply as a sex worker.. you then get in, see your friend, decide you don't want to be a sex worker and come home... easy, all done.

32 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Actually my visa was not free, cost me several thousand Euro. In addition, for renewal every time immigration charge money as well.

Immigration is another annoyance in Thailand, but it would be the same and even worse in any other country so you can't really count it.

Terrible driving and bad air is another matter though.

2 minutes ago, thainet said:

So apply as a sex worker.. you then get in, see your friend, decide you don't want to be a sex worker and come home... easy, all done.

Doesn't work if you

A: Are a man with a strange pastime pretending to be a women online

or

B: are actually a women but have a face like a bashed crab hence lots of free time.

Just now, thainet said:
34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Or the problem may be that that they suspected Yinn of being a sex worker !!!

Its hardly surprising that a young, single Thai lady wishing to travel to another more developed nation is going to draw a little more suspicion, as unfair as this may be.

I find the visa requirements for many to be extremely harsh, especially those in Yinn's shoes who fell victim of those who have gone before them and flouted the regulations.

When backpackers from many Western nations can travel the globe freely its seems harsh that Thai's are unable to do the same so freely unless they have wealthy family back-up.

Its harsh - but its also a reality borne out of financial disparity between the country being visited and the country from which the visa applicant originates.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Actually my visa was not free, cost me several thousand Euro. In addition, for renewal every time immigration charge money as well.

Immigration is another annoyance in Thailand, but it would be the same and even worse in any other country so you can't really count it.

Terrible driving and bad air is another matter though.

3 week holiday? 

Or live full time. 

I never crash, very good driver

and the air is green and cleen...... aaahhh

42DDC0E4-0015-4BD7-9B0F-558F68B1E7C6.png

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Its hardly surprising that a young, single Thai lady wishing to travel to another more developed nation is going to draw a little more suspicion, as unfair as this may be.

I find the visa requirements for many to be extremely harsh, especially those in Yinn's shoes who fell victim of those who have gone before them and flouted the regulations.

When backpackers from many Western nations can travel the globe freely its seems harsh that Thai's are unable to do the same so freely unless they have wealthy family back-up.

Its harsh - but its also a reality borne out of financial disparity between the country being visited and the country from which the visa applicant originates.

Obviously you all realise I was joking when I made my post, but actually the replies to my post have uncovered many inconsistencies with race and country...the world is a cruel place at times, and during and after C19, it will be worse.

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thankyou

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

If the embassy staff not stupid will be ok. Have more than 2 million in bank, I show the statement. Waste my time go Bangkok, waste my money.

A lot of farang make problem in Thailand. But we not make stupid rule because 1-2% is idiot. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not quite true Yinn.

Yes, most westerners and visit Thailand on a Visa Exempt stamp for a month as a Tourist, where as Thai's wishing to do the same thing in other countries have to apply for a visa. The lack of reciprocal agreements here seems harsh and unfair, but understandable given the economic disparity.

That said, my Wife has a 10 year Visa and can visit the UK whenever she wants with ease. Most Westerners cannot get such a visa for Thailand unless they go the Thai Elite route (which comes at high cost).

Additionally, Thai spouces of Westerns can get more specific Visas (such as ILR) and can find any work in their spouce's country. Westerners cannot work in Thailand unless they have a work permit etc

Pro's and cons.

Its easier for a foreigner to holiday in Thailand, but not to work.

Its harder for a Thai to holiday in our Western countries, but easier to legally work (if married to a national of that country).

Both systems have their weaknesses.

I not want marry Aussie to go Australia holiday 3 weeks! 

Many foreigner work in phuket, Bangkok, Samui not marry thai. I think not so difficult????

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

I don't understand Yinn why are you not living and driving around in Bangkok or Chiang Mai  complaining about the bad air, terrible traffic, noise, and soi dogs?

I not understand why foreigner live in CM if sensitive about bad air? I understand they not like bad air, but should not live there. South is better. I think Rumak want to move.

Noise? Now I hear the insects and frog singing because have rain before, thunder, chant from Mosque, and some music. No problem.

i like dogs. My freinds.

• Like 2

Just now, Yinn said:

If the embassy staff not stupid will be ok. Have more than 2 million in bank, I show the statement. Waste my time go Bangkok, waste my money.

A lot of farang make problem in Thailand. But we not make stupid rule because 1-2% is idiot. 

I you had more than 2 million in the bank the rejection of a visa to holiday in another Country (Australia was it?) seems extremely harsh, unfair and even possibly wrong.

I wonder what the reason for rejection was, i.e. if there was a mistake or incomplete application etc. The reason was clearly no insufficient funds. Perhaps it was not enough 'evidence to show incentive to return' or something similar.

One of my close friends was traveling to Uni in Sydney - he was rejected upon arrival at the Airport, even though he had a visa, he had no paperwork with him. A few years later, the same friend, upon arrival in the UK for his Masters was also turned around (and sent back to Thailand) as he had no confirmed address in the UK - he argument was that he would just find a hotel and live there for a month until he got longer term accommodation (he's wealthy). Immigration did not accept this and put him on the next flight back to Thailand.

There are hoops, rules, regulations to jump and thread yourself through when making such applications, anyone who makes the assumption and does not follow the often ridiculous and nonsensical rules to the T often face difficulty.

How many 'farang' make problem in Thailand Yinn?...  I think the forced outrage when one idiot does something stupid is getting to you.

Your country doesn't make stupid rules? I think those on retirement and marriage visa's, the TM28'ers, TM30'ers and 90 day reporters disagree.

My Wife can get a British Passport if we live in the UK for 5 years (about). Its also easy for the Spouce of a British citizen to get residence. This is significantly more difficult for a Western to get residence in Thailand.

If you are going to make such statements [But we not make stupid rule], please first think about accuracy of the statement you make.

I think the fair statement is the 'bureaucratic requirements of many nations are outdated and unsuitable'.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not want marry Aussie to go Australia holiday 3 weeks! 

Many foreigner work in phuket, Bangkok, Samui not marry thai. I think not so difficult????

I get that you wouldn't want to marry an Aussie, but there are also English people there too !!!

There must have been some 'other reason' for the rejection of your Visa - error on the paperwork etc?

My friends Wife's visa application to the UK was rejected for an extremely minor technicality. The invitation letter was address from Bangkok and not from the UK - that was all it took to say no. Upon appeal another letter was submitted with the correct UK address and the visa was granted.

Its all about allowing the Visa officer to be able to tick the right check boxes and nothing more to it than that.

33 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

what total BS lies. 

on the blocked list you go. 

Touched a raw nerve did I.   The truth can hurt.   But,  It is amusing that you put on the 

tough guy act now.   I always saw you as the suave, sensitive type.

Enjoy your self- isolation  ( from me  lol )

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I you had more than 2 million in the bank the rejection of a visa to holiday in another Country (Australia was it?) seems extremely harsh, unfair and even possibly wrong.

No full time job in thailand. 

One of my close friends was traveling to Uni in Sydney - he was rejected upon arrival at the Airport, even though he had a visa, he had no paperwork with him. A few years later, the same friend, upon arrival in the UK for his Masters was also turned around (and sent back to Thailand) as he had no confirmed address in the UK - he argument was that he would just find a hotel and live there for a month until he got longer term accommodation (he's wealthy). Immigration did not accept this and put him on the next flight back to Thailand.

And they let sex workers go (Australia and U.K.). Is so stupid!

How many 'farang' make problem in Thailand Yinn?...  I think the forced outrage when one idiot does something stupid is getting to you.

I said 1-2% in my post. 

Your country doesn't make stupid rules? I think those on retirement and marriage visa's, the TM28'ers, TM30'ers and 90 day reporters disagree.

My Wife can get a British Passport if we live in the UK for 5 years (about). Its also easy for the Spouce of a British citizen to get residence. This is significantly more difficult for a Western to get residence in Thailand.

If you are going to make such statements [But we not make stupid rule], please first think about accuracy of the statement you make.

I think the fair statement is the 'bureaucratic requirements of many nations are outdated and unsuitable'.

the bureaucratic requirements of many nations are outdated and unsuitable.

Because they stupid!!!

21 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I not understand why foreigner live in CM if sensitive about bad air? I understand they not like bad air, but should not live there. South is better. I think Rumak want to move.

Noise? Now I hear the insects and frog singing because have rain before, thunder, chant from Mosque, and some music. No problem.

i like dogs. My freinds.

I'm not sensitive about bad air.

But if you can't open your window in the morning because the smell of napalm hits your face like you're in Apocalypse Now! then understandably that is an issue. Even if it only lasts for two or three months.

I'm in Chiang Mai because I did my research. I visited the place before I moved there long term. It is one of the few places in Thailand with a long history of culture and you can feel that in the Old Town. It' not a sex tourist hub but a university town. It is geared towards tourists and expats with many facilities and amenities you just do not get outside of Bangkok and Chiang Mai. It has mountains.

I was never going to go to Thailand to sit in a rice field with a 64 year old wife. You may not have dogs or napalm air in Thai Missouri but you don't have a world class French patisserie and bakery, you don't have a choice of world class shopping malls that have everything from Singaporean Roti to Dubai pretzels and German sour cherries, you don't have the sophisticated coffee culture, and you don't have Healthland or other world class spas around the corner.

I like dogs too. I just don't like them pissing on my fence, chasing my girl, or my car when I drive. In packs. Five at a time. It's disgusting how these people just let their dogs loose, a more inconsiderate and reckless disregard for your neighbour is hard to find. Enter my actual neighbour that runs his power tools like a dentist drill for hours on end. Then burns his garbage. I mean the level of inconsiderate behaviour is almost pathological. When I watch Dexter I get bad thoughts.

Edited by Logosone

11 hours ago, rumak said:

I hope you are not becoming like another poster who can not write a post without COMPLAINING

that there are negative people on this forum.

There may be very good reasons why people do not like him.   When someone has to constantly

COMPLAIN  and not accept others comments that he may not like,  then maybe he is part of the

problem.    Boasting or thinking you are better than others is NOT  the way of a truly positive person , but rather shows insecurity .      oh, look what just came up on google :

One of the most common signs of insecurity is boasting about what you have and what you have achieved. Insecure people boast to try to impress other people. They do this because they fear deep down inside that there is something about them that is not good enough.

There are of course many types of people on the forum,  each with their own "personality".

I generally like the positive types, and the humorous ones.  Most of all I enjoy the people who

can articulate their experiences ,  not just quote or copy and paste.  

As for those who just want to put down others , boast about how great they think they are,

or call others who they might be jealous of TROLLS.................  well,  the world, and forums,

is made up of many types.     

Is is complaining to tell the truth?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I was never going to go to Thailand to sit in a rice field with a 64 year old wife. You may not have dogs or napalm air in Thai Missouri but you don't have a world class French patisserie and bakery, you don't have a choice of world class shopping malls

i not eat french food. thai food better. i thai this thailand eat thai food better. i shopping at market give money local people better.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

I said 1-2% in my post. 

There is no doubt that the small percentage of Farangs that act like idiots here have created

problems for the majority of decent ones.

I have witnessed so many acts of disrespect towards vendors,  bank tellers,  restaurant workers,

immigration workers....... you name it.   Oh forgot,  internet offices   ......

As a landlord I never put up with it .   Lease not renewed,  for sure.

The thais are much better at holding in their  contempt.   But,  it is there !

Only a small percent of Farangs have caused this.   Do you TV members ever tell someone

that they are behaving badly  ?   

• Like 1