Marriage Visa Extension with monthly income method

Hi,

I'm extending my non-o visa based on marriage shortly, I got the following list from the Samut Prakan immigration website:

1. Visa Extension Form (TM.7)
2. Passport or Travel Documents
3. Non-Immigrant Visa
4. Marriage Certificate.(If from abord have to certified by The Embassy or Consulate in Thailand) and Certificate of family, Certificate of marriage.
5. Thai wife ‘s I.D. Card
6. House register of Thai wife
7. Children ‘s Birth Certificate
8. Letter from Thai Bank certified money in thai account (Alien’s Name) more than 400,000 Baht 2 months before, bank book and ATM slip on date of application OR
9. Income or Pension have to certified by The Embassy or Consulate in Thailand and Show income more than 40,000 Baht/month
10. Map to Home
11. Family Photo

I have a work permit and will use the monthly income method (A big mistake not to move some money around and use the 400k method but based on the list above I thought income method would be straightforward).

However now I'm talking to a relocation company who help expats and are asking me to provide an insane amount of documentation including:

The title deed ( Chanod) and the buying contract - I've already provided the tambien baan

Office photos

Potentially an office visit and/or home visit.

All company documents - registration, list of shareholders, PND91, PND1 and a few others, these are all fine but is this normal?

Based on the list from the Samut Prakan website I was expecting the proof of income method to really only involve work permit and bank statement since I could not have a work permit without making at least I think 60k a month.

Any insights appreciated especially from Samut Prakan office as I'm getting the impression they are especially strict.

Thanks,
Peter.

Chanote is not uncommon - some officies require it, even though they will be coming to your home to verify you live there with your wife.

I recently attempted the same thing at CW, and they demanded the same docs you listed, plus ALL the same company-docs needed to apply with the Labor Office for a work permit.  Not copies - New Fresh Originals of ALL, DBD, etc, and the tax-docs. 

I also had a certified bank-statement and stamped copy of my work-agreement specifying the salary which is reflected in the bank-statement - plus copies of all the other papers above (copies not accepted).  As well, you many need "pictures at the office" - with staff indoors and outside with the sign.

Everything you list (both lists) except the office pictures/visit is normal for me. My office is in Bangkok, but I rarely go since I live in Pattaya. I have a marriage extension and a work permit. Luckily the company lawyers collect all the company documents for me. I also use the monthly pay method, but the company provides my payroll info, no need for bank statements.

17 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Chanote is not uncommon - some officies require it, even though they will be coming to your home to verify you live there with your wife.

Never heard of if this. Many here have mortgages, so no land deeds. 

Strange how some use Thai words for house register, land deed but not for Work Permit, etc. 

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Never heard of if this. Many here have mortgages, so no land deeds. 

Strange how some use Thai words for house register, land deed but not for Work Permit, etc. 

It's what they ask for at some officies - but if the owner had a mortgage, I assume the renter could use a copy of that, plus house-book, instead.

If his landlord cooperates, then he has to irritate his company by requiring someone to run around to different offices re-getting the same original-docs which already gathered for his work-permit.  Immigration wants to see the work-permit, but then pretends it is possibly "fake."   They know how we sneaky Western farangs are - so likely to risk years in a Thai prison for falsifying govt documents - to stay here and support our Thai wives.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, smccolley said:

In my case I (well my wife) own the house so house paperwork is supplied by us. If you were renting I am not sure why they would require it.

In better offices, just TM-30, plus landlord-signed copies of the Rental-Contract, and Landlord's ID plus map.

In other offices, add the house-book for where you live, plus the purchase-agreement/chanote for where you live.  BOTH - or NO EXTENSION for YOU. 

At some offices, it varies by the reason for the Non-O visa.  In Jomtien, this extra landlord-paperwork is required for those with Thai families - even for 60-day "visit family" extensions - but not extensions based on retirement.

16 hours ago, JackThompson said:

It's what they ask for at some officies - but if the owner had a mortgage, I assume the renter could use a copy of that, plus house-book, instead.

If his landlord cooperates, then he has to irritate his company by requiring someone to run around to different offices re-getting the same original-docs which already gathered for his work-permit.  Immigration wants to see the work-permit, but then pretends it is possibly "fake."   They know how we sneaky Western farangs are - so likely to risk years in a Thai prison for falsifying govt documents - to stay here and support our Thai wives.

Strange, I was only asked for my wife's house book. Never asked for work permit. 

Never asked for my house book, which is in another province. 

In my friends case, they also asked a letter from his work showing amount of his salary. Plus if i remember correct also last 3 months payment slip. (this one can be only 1 month though)

Also you need to apply with your wife, they will come to your house and check the reality of your marriage and talk with neighbors  about you and your wife. 

• Like 1

Thanks Guys,

As usual it seems to change from province to province and Samut Prakan seems to be particularly strict. In my case as I'm renting and the landlord is in Singapore it's a bit more hassle but they have been really cooperative. Also, since it's my company it falls on me to get all the docs together, especially annoying as we are at the end of the year so doing company submissions at the same time...

Anyway, thanks for the info, every effort will be made to use the 400k in the bank method going forward! 

Peter.

On 4/24/2020 at 9:14 AM, Neeranam said:

Strange, I was only asked for my wife's house book. Never asked for work permit. 

Never asked for my house book, which is in another province. 

Signed copies of one's Wife's House Book + Wife's ID Card plus Kor Ror 2 and Marriage Certificate are one thing - needed everywhere, every time (date-of / how-recent of KR2 varies).

Landlord Docs are another set, which varies by type of residence (your condo, wife's house, rented-place, company-owned place), and which Immigration office. 

Financial Docs are another set, which varies by type of income (Thai or overseas) OR "in the bank" money, and also by which Immigration office.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Signed copies of one's Wife's House Book + Wife's ID Card plus Kor Ror 2 and Marriage Certificate are one thing - needed everywhere, every time (date-of / how-recent of KR2 varies).

Landlord Docs are another set, which varies by type of residence (your condo, wife's house, rented-place, company-owned place), and which Immigration office. 

Financial Docs are another set, which varies by type of income (Thai or overseas) OR "in the bank" money, and also by which Immigration office.

Did your Marriage Certificate need to be translated and certified? I was married in USA and the USA embassy in Bangkok will not certify a document (marriage cert) will only certify a affidavit of saying you were married. Last time I got my one year extension local immigration wanted a certified translated marriage certificate including the kor ror 22 from the local amphur.

46 minutes ago, raptorea said:

Did your Marriage Certificate need to be translated and certified? I was married in USA and the USA embassy in Bangkok will not certify a document (marriage cert) will only certify a affidavit of saying you were married. Last time I got my one year extension local immigration wanted a certified translated marriage certificate including the kor ror 22 from the local amphur.

That is only needed for foreign marriages. It is not needed for marriages registered here.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That is only needed for foreign marriages. It is not needed for marriages registered here.

So please correct me if I am wrong. I have a marriage certificate from USA that is only in English and a kor ror 22 from the local amphur and that should be enough for immigration going forward? 

18 minutes ago, raptorea said:

So please correct me if I am wrong. I have a marriage certificate from USA that is only in English and a kor ror 22 from the local amphur and that should be enough for immigration going forward? 

Yes

If it was not in English it would have to be translated.

3 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

Question,  how do you get the required photos processed if the photo shops are closed. Usually use the Kodak shop to get them printed from my camera.

Look around and you may find a shop open to do them. Some shops that do copies can print photos.

If you have a friend that has printer ask them about doing them.