Lower interest rates for medics on frontline, urges Anutin

snoop1130

By THE NATION

800_14af52c7e781f6a.png

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Wednesday (April 22) called on the Government Savings Bank and Krungthai Bank to find a way of lowering the interest rate for his ministry’s medical personnel.

He added that the aim of this move is to boost the morale of medics fighting in the frontline of the Covid-19 pandemic.

He said he will discuss this issue further with the Finance Ministry.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30386575

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-04-22

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul on Wednesday (April 22) called on the Government Savings Bank and Krungthai Bank to find a way of lowering the interest rate for his ministry’s medical personnel.

He added that the aim of this move is to boost the morale of medics fighting in the frontline of the Covid-19 pandemic.

thinly veiled 'give my employees money'; unless they are farang

• Like 1

Lower interest rates for everyone.  Thai rates for loans are far too high by international standards benefitting some of the 20 richest who are now being asked to help with ideas.

Less businesses would need to ask for assistance or to sack their staff if they were repaying more reasonable amounts.

Just more attention seeking.  Virtue signaling to people in food queues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

"Let's make the medics debt interest rates lower."

Why don't you pay them enough so that they don't need to be in debt in the first place?

Wish I could be paid so much in the UK I could avoid debt!

But people borrow to finance a car.  To live while they get their degree... and when they want a mortgage for a house then they are really in debt.  But they are not paying the same rates as here.

It can be in the interest of the bosses to have employees in debt and susceptible to bending the rules.  It is the game.  They want their employees to borrow money to look good, and to be pliable.

When the workers want smaller amounts moneylenders persuade them 3% a month is a good long term loan.  It is compared to 10% a month.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Stupid Idea, I said Last week when they were saying the nurses could need some Extra help.  Give them a Pay rise off THB 10K a month, now That would Help a lot.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

for his ministry’s medical personnel.

`I am sure the last thing all the health workers consider is being his minions or anything relatable to him. More distain for the ego loud mouth. I can't see anyone liking this low quality excuse of a human being. 

19 hours ago, 473geo said:

Here is a rather earth shattering idea, rather than cheap loans, how about a good pay rise to improve moral?

Only a simple "like" is available for your offering when for this one it needs to be near "volcanic"!!!