Where is the Flu?

gk10002000

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

So frankly, locking down every thing when the highest percentage of at risk people are a fairly narrow group is a poor solution 

I wondered where you were going with this and then There It Is. :biggrin:

Truth is I hope you are all correct in your medical predictions, because if you're not. ... well we know what happens then. 

Many many years ago I got my only flu shot and was the sickest I've ever been. I know you can't get sick from the shot. 5555

I've always got to be different. Anyway, it looks like I will get one this year because if you get sick you don't want to have to guess if you have the regular flu or Covid-19. The Virus will be back this Fall.

18 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

I wondered where you were going with this and then There It Is. :biggrin:

Truth is I hope you are all correct in your medical predictions, because if you're not. ... well we know what happens then. 

yeah, the same thing that has happened.  something like 30 % to  40% of the deaths attributed to the virus was in nursing homes in several of the USA states.  Pennsylvania the percentage on the news was 52%. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HHTel said:

I've had similar reactions to the shot.  Although you can't get the 'flu from the shot, you can develop 'flu like symptoms.

Multiple links.  Here's one:

https://www.gohealthuc.com/library/can-flu-shot-make-you-sick

Thanks. But I was VERY sick, the sickest I have ever been. And it was for about 3 weeks. Since I haven't gotten the shot for the past many years I have never been sick.  Still, I am considering this time.

19 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Thanks. But I was VERY sick, the sickest I have ever been. And it was for about 3 weeks. Since I haven't gotten the shot for the past many years I have never been sick.  Still, I am considering this time.

You may have become infected but asymptomatic until the day you got the flu shot. the shot generally only covers 3 or 4 strains, and remember each year batch is made on previous knowledge most prevalent  strains, and expected  new mutations.