Definition of the "14 days quarantine" ?

Spellforce

15 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you stay in your pool villa and don't mingle with other people, I think it would. Your problem is you are not allowed in the country to start with.

Because I'm thinking that some tourists will start to come back in May with a covid-19 test and thet'll stop to ask that crazy 100,000 usd insurance.

But about this "14 days quarantine" ?

I would imagine it will be lifted before they start letting tourists back in... but, right now nothing is open anyway... unless they just come for the food.. and even then restaurants are closed... 

they could have tour busses take them to Makro.

25 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

Because I'm thinking that some tourists will start to come back in May with a covid-19 test and thet'll stop to ask that crazy 100,000 usd insurance.

Given the discussions about medical insurance for all tourists over the last 1 or 2 years and it seems quite a desire from the Thai authorities to implement the same, why would they drop the Covid 19 health insurance requirement? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spellforce said:

Don't think they will stop the covid test and insurance for quite a while. Doubt very much that there will be any tourist here in May.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Don't think they will stop the covid test and insurance for quite a while. Doubt very much that there will be any tourist here in May.

I doubt there will be any tourist in December...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spellforce said:

Don't confuse self-isolation with a forced 14 days quarantine. There will be no incoming tourists in May,the PM will extend the emergency decree and imo incoming flights will be the same as now (repatriation of Thai nationals).

Why do you think a $100,000 insurance is crazy? Have you never in your life travelled having a proper travel insurance? Every travel insurance I've seen covers that sum or more. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, FritsSikkink said:

If you stay in your pool villa and don't mingle with other people, I think it would. Your problem is you are not allowed in the country to start with.

But keep in mind that on arrival (if you can get in) the immigration/police officers may insist that you stay in one of the hotel or other venues organized by the government for the 14 days. I somehow doubt they would listen to 'but I have a 2 week booking for a pool villa'.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

But keep in mind that on arrival (if you can get in) the immigration/police officers may insist that you stay in one of the hotel or other venues organized by the government for the 14 days. I somehow doubt they would listen to 'but I have a 2 week booking for a pool villa'.

Good luck.

Just noticed a new news item a few minutes ago, re 170+ passengers arriving at swampy today from India (many Thai monks but not sure in total if it's all Thai or mixed), they all had medical assessments and all were taken to gov't arranged hotels etc., for the 14 day isolation.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's "State" quarantine - i.e. paid for by the government.  It would be nice to think it's in a decent hotel, but the naval base sounds more likely.

I doubt foreign visitors will get State quarantine....

Sure but I also doubt that foreign visitors will be allowed to decide their own quarantine arrangement.

On 4/23/2020 at 1:15 PM, Spellforce said:

It seems you're confusing self isolation with 14 days quarantine. Imo,there won't be any tourists coming from overseas in May. The emergency decree will be extended for sure and inbound flights will probably be on hold for a while longer. Every proper travel insurance from overseas covers $100,000 or more. It's not a very high sum.  

On 4/24/2020 at 10:54 AM, Max69xl said:

Don't confuse self-isolation with a forced 14 days quarantine. There will be no incoming tourists in May,the PM will extend the emergency decree and imo incoming flights will be the same as now (repatriation of Thai nationals).

Why do you think a $100,000 insurance is crazy? Have you never in your life travelled having a proper travel insurance? Every travel insurance I've seen covers that sum or more. 

Hi Max ,

Thought I would take a look at travel insurance that includes covid 19 cover and went to 3 companies , here below are the first 2 , the 3rd was not quoting . There is a real dilemma for the Thai tourist industry whilst the virus has no cure of preventative vaccine . Travel insurance to include covid 19 to the $100,000 level is going to be difficult to get . The Thai Government will have to remove the insurance to restore the tourist industry but the timing has to be right , no virus cases in the Thai tourist areas , all who enter Thailand to have recent virus test  certs ? cos quarantine cannot work for 2 week holidays . If Thailand becomes virus free then virus insurance may be be available . So many scenarios , who knows where it will all end ? 

Information for Travel insurance policy holders regarding COVID-19

Last Updated on: 27 March 2020

We are temporarily ceasing sales of Travel Insurance

These are unprecedented times and many industries are feeling the impact of COVID-19 - especially the Travel Industry. Following the advice of the Australian Government for Australians not to travel overseas, and the decisions of a number of Australian State and Territory Governments to impose travel and other restrictions, Allianz Global Assistance is temporarily ceasing the sale of new domestic and international Travel Insurance policies effective from Friday 27 March 2020.

Travel Insurance – important information for coronavirus/Covid-19

Please be advised that in light of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the global impact currently being experienced, the Post Office has taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all new Travel Insurance sales

Existing Travel Insurance policies are unaffected and will remain valid. If you need to make a claim, please follow the claims process in your policy terms and conditions.

For further information we ask customers to review our frequently asked questions, our Travel Alerts page and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) for the latest advice Travel Alerts page.

Please be aware we are receiving unprecedented volumes of calls to our Contact Centre and are doing everything we can to answer your queries. We are asking customers who are not travelling in the next 5 days to use our digital channels for support, so that we service customers with imminent travel dates.

We at The Post Office remain dedicated to supporting our customers and will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates.

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's "State" quarantine - i.e. paid for by the government.  It would be nice to think it's in a decent hotel, but the naval base sounds more likely.

Rattanakosin Hotel and Elegance Hotel, both in Bangkok, have been the recipients of quarantined incomers from Suvarnabhumi in the last couple of days.