Blood pressure monitor repair

Aforek

Hello

My Omron blood pressure works, but it's completely wrong, does not correspond at all to the figures found by the tensiometers of hospital ( for instance, it reads 10/20 at home instead of 13/50 at hospital 

is it  possible to repair it or better to buy a new one ?

thanks 

Try an Omron service centre. Evaluate the cost with the age/condition of the equipment and make your decision. Ask if the original accuracy can be achieved after the repair.

Most times, it might be worth to buy a new device.

Edit

Fault could be in the cuff?

The general advice is to calibrate the device annually, which we rarely do!

Edited by ravip

7 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Lazada. I bought one coupla years ago. Works fine.

Cheap as!!0

20200423_204159.jpg

which brand ? many models on Lazada , Omron is more  expensive than the others , are they really better or just more sophisticated with more options ? I don't need memory  etc, just reading ...

I have too a white coat/stress response at hospital, but difference is too big and before it worked perfect, problem comes from the monitor ; buy a new one is better because I don't know how to calibrate ; can a pharmacy do it ? 

Edited by Aforek

5 hours ago, Aforek said:

which brand ? many models on Lazada , Omron is more  expensive than the others , are they really better or just more sophisticated with more options ? I don't need memory  etc, just reading ...

I have too a white coat/stress response at hospital, but difference is too big and before it worked perfect, problem comes from the monitor ; buy a new one is better because I don't know how to calibrate ; can a pharmacy do it ? 

Calibration has to be done by a authorised service centre.

No, a pharmacy cannot do it.

Example

How can I get my OMRON blood pressure monitor re-calibrated?
With all OMRON blood pressure monitors, the recommended time between calibration depends on the use of the product. If the monitor is being used in a home or personal environment, we recommend they are re-calibrated every 2 years. If the monitor is being used in a clinical environment such as a doctors surgery, we recommend that this is done annually to ensure the accuracy of the results.

OMRON blood pressure monitors all come with a 3 year warranty from date of delivery. If you still have a copy of your receipt or invoice, we can service your monitor free of charge for 3 years from the date of delivery.

If you wish to proceed with this, please follow the below instructions to ensure a quick turnaround.

You will need to include:

A brief note stating that your machine requires servicing & explaining the issues you are having with obtaining readings, if any.
Your return address details - Items are sent out via our nominated courier so the return address needs to be where someone will be available to sign for it.
A daytime contact telephone number.
A copy of your purchase receipt or invoice (showing purchase within the last 3 years) so that we can carry the work out free of charge.
Alternatively, feel free to contact us with the serial number on the back of the monitor so that we can check when the monitor was manufactured as we can start the 3 year warranty from the manufacturing date if you no longer have a receipt. If you have had your monitor for more than 3 years, we can of course still service it outside of warranty - There is a standard charge of £30 for this which is payable by cheque made out to "OMRON Healthcare UK Ltd."

https://www.omron-healthcare.com/eu/customer-support?cgid=blood-pressure-monitor

Edit

https://th.omron.asia/contact-us/our-locations/

Edited by ravip
  • Like 1

Before assuming your machine is wrong, you need to bring it with you to a doctor, pharmacy or hospital and compare it at same time (few minutes apart obviously) to reading from a mercury sphygomanometer (the type they have ti pump up). The machines used in hospitals are notoriuously inaccurate so do not go by those.

Also, keep in mind that BP is never static. Most people will have a different BP when out and about (especial;ly when at the doctor or hospital, a more tense situation), than when at rest at home. This is normal.

If it turns out that your machine is indeed wrong then it needs to be recalibrated by Omron company as per above posts.